Lamar predicted to win out...21-8

UNLV

Guest coachacola

I think Lamar will need to win out to win the conference.  SFA is also predicted to win out, and if they do and Lamar loses a game then SFA wins the conference.  SFA plays at Northwestern State tomorrow and I'm predicting an upset by NW State!!

I hate to be a pessimist, but I do not see us winning out. Our last 2 road games have been overtime wins and we were fortunate to win both of those. I could see us losing at Texas State and/or SE Lousiana. I do not think anyone will beat us at the Montagne. But, I think we may slip up once or twice on the road. I would LOVE to see us win out though!

I went and reviewed SFA's remaining schedule.  They still have to play SHSU, UTA and TAMUCC, but two of those three are at home.  The other remaining games they have are winners.  I don't look for SFA to lose more than one more game the rest of the way, so LU has to keep on rolling.

Guest abovetherim

I spoke with a man last night who is much more intelligent and knows the game of basketball a lot better than myself and he sees the Texas State game as a trap game for Lamar. It is an away game and they are very streaky with the 3-pt shot, so I'm told. If they are hot and Lamar starts looking ahead and doesn't focus on each game at a time this man could be correct about his  prediction.

I too see it as a trap game. If LU can win on the road Saturday. I think the confidence of the team will continue to improve. What I mean is the players confidence in the coaching staff, the players confidence with each others abilities and in a couple of cases, I see much more confidence in a couple unnamed players. I think they are just now playing to their abilities.

I spoke with a man last night who is much more intelligent and knows the game of basketball a lot better than myself and he sees the Texas State game as a trap game for Lamar. It is an away game and they are very streaky with the 3-pt shot, so I'm told. If they are hot and Lamar starts looking ahead and doesn't focus on each game at a time this man could be correct about his  prediction.

I too see it as a trap game. If LU can win on the road Saturday. I think the confidence of the team will continue to improve. What I mean is the players confidence in the coaching staff, the players confidence with each others abilities and in a couple of cases, I see much more confidence in a couple unnamed players. I think they are just now playing to their abilities.

I don't know who told you that, but he clearly doesn't know what he's talking about.  Anyone could have seen that Lamar was going to win this game easily.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4