Cardinal Fans in the Montagne.

Lazeek

Can't sit behind the visiting bench...

This was posted on another thread...

Talk about a lot of fond memories in that building.

I was channel 4's fan of the year (86/87).

I wore my dad's old Texaco hard hat (painted with red LU lettering), wore a nerf hoop cardboard backboard around my chest, and had a red and white checkerboard flag.  During time outs they let me go up and down the aisles throwing my nerf ball to fans and having them shoot at my nerfhoop basket.  During halftime they let me down on the floor.  Talk about a lot of fun that year.  We used to camp out for tickets to sit right behind the visiting team bench.  We kept it clean, but talk about throwing insults at the opposing team for the whole game.  I believe I gave Karl Malone a complex (which might explain his art at flopping).

From what it sounds like this kind of student involvement is lacking at LU.

I still have the hard hat, might be time this 15+ year graduate goes back and shows the kids how to be a REAL Lamar basketball fan!

well you come out on saturday with the Hawk Hecklers. i never heard of the L raisers but they seemed pretty cool. Heckling is life- and we're bout to bring it back to LU.

Your name... 00020120.gif

beau hansen. why you ask?

The cops won't do anything... you don't have to worry about that if people are cussing them out and stuff maybe theyll shut you up but look at all of the people that ride the refs... they put it up with it too.

The cops won't do anything... you don't have to worry about that if people are cussing them out and stuff maybe theyll shut you up but look at all of the people that ride the refs... they put it up with it too.

we wont be disrespectful. the greatest part of heckling is when you make fun of a ref so much that you actually have him laughing. or a player- just ask Tramain Thomas- the kid loves us. we will get in some kids domes but we wont cuss them out. although most schools think thats all we do.

I spoke with the principal today and The Hecklers have too many conflicts for Saturdays game.  They have a baseball game, hopefully the girls basketball regional final game and another school function on Saturday.  Maybe we can try for the final home game of the year against Nichols State. 

Good luck to all HJ events this weekend!!!!!  We will try again Hecklers.

I wore my dad's old Texaco hard hat (painted with red LU lettering), wore a nerf hoop cardboard backboard around my chest, and had a red and white checkerboard flag.  During time outs they let me go up and down the aisles throwing my nerf ball to fans and having them shoot at my nerfhoop basket.  During halftime they let me down on the floor.  Talk about a lot of fun that year.  We used to camp out for tickets to sit right behind the visiting team bench.  We kept it clean, but talk about throwing insults at the opposing team for the whole game.  I believe I gave Karl Malone a complex (which might explain his art at flopping).

I still have the hard hat, might be time this 15+ year graduate goes back and shows the kids how to be a REAL Lamar basketball fan!

well you come out on saturday with the Hawk Hecklers. i never heard of the L raisers but they seemed pretty cool. Heckling is life- and we're bout to bring it back to LU.

Your name... 00020120.gif

beau hansen. why you ask?

lol...you know what I'm talking about.

Maybe more season ticket holders need to show up. I've been to a couple of games and have to get a seat way up there, and when I look down towards the bottom, I see alot of vacant seats. If your not going to a game and your a season ticket holder get on here and give them away so people will show up for you. College sports in this area doesn't bring many folks to the game, start scheduling big name people and they will come.

I totally agree with you on the season ticket holders as well.  I love how 1/2 the parking lot is empty because of the season ticket holders AND their reserved parking NOT showing up to the game.  I don't know who decides how much of the parking lot to reserve but it should be about 1/4th of the amount they currently reserve.

As far as big name colleges.  I GUARANTEE you that Roc would schedule a home and home game any day of the week with Texas or ATM or even Duke or North Carolina.  Possibly even a Big East school like Georgetown or Connecticutt but they wouldn't do it.  For starters they don't have anything to gain.  Secondly, the last Big East team that came here was Villanova the year after they won the national championship.  We beat them by around 20 points so those Big East schools are too scared to come here.  ATM and Texas have had the nads to come here in the past but they want us to schedule 2 games at their place to one at ours.  After the way we've played as of late they probably don't want to come here and play.  We would probably have to schedule 3 games at their place to one game at ours.  The bottom line is that UT, ATM, Duke, NC, etc are a bunch of prima donna woosies that are too scared to come play here.  And I would venture to say that there is NO WAY on earth that a Texas Tech or OU would come here because we could definitely beat them.

Man, someone is fired up.  Calm down big'en.....   ;)

I got your 'big'en'  ;)

Damn...I was at those same games!!  I remember you (you kinda stood out).  I/we (me and some of my fraternity buds) used to camp out to get those good tickets behind the opposing team's bench as well...just so we could give them hell.  It was a blast!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo