above, was that you on klvi talking to Roc

UNLV

Guest abovetherim

Yeah, I gave Coach Roc a call. Agree with AggieAreWe about the poor attendance but I have a different view about how to get more students involved with athletic events. The reveal of the football team will help because most of the time baseball players support basketball players. Women's basketball supports men's basketball and vise versa. The addition of football will bring in "sports fan's" who might not be "hardcore" basketball fan's. The marching band which was 350 plus members back in the day would also contribute to attendance. The addition of football would have students in the fall semester excited about attending other athletic events. Look at the schools in the SLC who have good student support for men's basketball and you'll see it isn't UTA, UTSA or Corpus Christi. It's SFA, SHSU, TSU-San Marcos and those with football. 

One thing I wish I stated to him is I have class with several athletes including several members of the men's basketball team. The young men (who I will not name) are very approachable, friendly, polite, fun talking with and they are great ambassadors for the Lamar University basketball team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo