SFA 79 SHSU 57 Final

KFDM COOP

Guest abovetherim

Great crowd but remember they have only 3 loses all season. Put LU is that situation and we would have over 8,000 versus our arch rival. SFA and SHSU hate each other. Kind of like the old LU vs SW Louisana rivalry. I know they are ULL now but old habits are hard to break.

Guest abovetherim

There are five games left and I hope the guys take it one game at a time but I'd love to see Bell vs Dawkins II on a neutral court. I'll be happy for SFA it they win because they have had a fantastic season but really the pressure will be on them. Lamar whether they win or lose the regular season conference championship doesn't have as much to lose. That great record will probably not get SFA in the NCAA Tournament IMO if they don't win the conference tournament.

Lamar on the other hand can play loose because a lot of people were writing them off after doing poor in the OOC portion of the season. This will be gravy because I know people that said this team wouldn't win 15 games. Well, they accomplished that tonight!

Great crowd but remember they have only 3 loses all season. Put LU is that situation and we would have over 8,000 versus our arch rival. SFA and SHSU hate each other. Kind of like the old LU vs SW Louisana rivalry. I know they are ULL now but old habits are hard to break.

This is the first time I have written on this board, but I had to take this opportunity to vent some of my frustration. I am sure many of you will share it with me. I used to think ABTR that this might be true...if we won and if the stars were aligned we could get 8,000 in the stands, but after the pathetic crowd we had last night for a team who is now 10-1 in conference, in first place, and on a 9 game win streak. Add to that the fact that this is homecoming week and 4,700 is ridiculous!! The only reason we had that many in stands is because the students finally showed up. They were great by the way! I wish they would come out like that more often. So, I say all that to emphasize the point that Bob West has made on several occasions...Southeast Texas SUCKS as a sports town for anything besides High School football.

This is the first time I have written on this board, but I had to take this opportunity to vent some of my frustration. I am sure many of you will share it with me. I used to think ABTR that this might be true...if we won and if the stars were aligned we could get 8,000 in the stands, but after the pathetic crowd we had last night for a team who is now 10-1 in conference, in first place, and on a 9 game win streak. Add to that the fact that this is homecoming week and 4,700 is ridiculous!! The only reason we had that many in stands is because the students finally showed up. They were great by the way! I wish they would come out like that more often. So, I say all that to emphasize the point that Bob West has made on several occasions...Southeast Texas SUCKS as a sports town for anything besides High School football.

It won't happen over night. The base is building and will continue to build. People are talking about Lamar basketball. 2 months ago Lamar was ranked 319 out of 341 teams and

no one outside the hardcore fans cared. Now Lamar is on fire, rpi 127, and people are taking notice. Too bad there is only 2 home games left. 4700 is still 1,000 more than our last year average. Next year I predict we average 1700 more than our this year average. Expect a big crowd Saturday.....10,000...

Guest abovetherim

Believe me I feel your disappointment with attendance. But there are two things that have happened. 1. Lamar went 20 plus years without a good product for the customers to buy. Let's say this isn't basketball but toys Lamar was selling. After 20 years of the toys falling apart are you going to run out and buy the first good one they put out. 2. Lamar has the same problem with attendance in the Pat Foster era. The were winning but it took some time to get attendance to AVERAGE OVER 6,000 per home game.

Thanks for taking the time to post LU STRONG. Hopefully you visit again but it's going to take time to build the attendance to where you and I are happy. I'll say this, if you look around the rest of the SLC we lead attendance by far. If you look at C-USA we have as good attendance as half of their conference.

You are correct this is a High School sports area. That is why I want no part of conference games on Tuesday. But, give Coach Roc and the athletic department some time. Then give the community some time. Believe me, every year the community hears how great the basketball team is going to be and they end up in the middle of the pack of a poor basketball conference. So let's give the community some time to jump on the bandwagon, lets give Lamar a chance to have a winning record in their OOC schedule. Then, let's see where the attendance is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo