Are too many teams going to the playoffs?

shooter

Guest Robert Plant

Here is what the 4A district (no 5A then) looked like in the late 70's for the GT area. BCP, French, Forest Park, PNG, Nederland, TJ, Lincoln, Vidor and WOS. One team went!!      What's wrong with that? I think 2 would be OK. Let's make the playoffs a big deal to get into!!!

True....but I think crowning TWO state champions is ridiculous. Let's go back to the old days when the district champion was the only one to make the postseason.........maybe the runner up also. But four is too much. West Brook's district next year is one of the few in the state with six teams, and only two of those will not make it. It's too many!

True....but I think crowning TWO state champions is ridiculous. Let's go back to the old days when the district champion was the only one to make the postseason.........maybe the runner up also. But four is too much. West Brook's district next year is one of the few in the state with six teams, and only two of those will not make it. It's too many!

Agreed 82!

Guest ECBucFan

I believe that 2 is enough to be honest..even if that leaves me at home.

My feelings exactly. Whats even more sadder is that a time is coming (mark my words) that ALL teams will "make" the playoffs. Even 0-10 teams. The UIL is so money obsessed they are selling off all meaning of real accomplishments. Scoff now if you want to, but you will see 0-10 teams getting in, Greed has no limits.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham