Donor Rumors????

Guest abovetherim

Yep, but I don't have any names to give you. I would assume since Coach Tubbs, Dr. Simmons and even Bob West are very good friends with Walter Umphrey he'll make a donation but I won't count on it being larger than the $5 million he has already given to Lamar in honor of his wife, Shelia.

Guest abovetherim

I agree with you UNLV! Time to give a little back to the community, the people, the university which serves ExxonMobil in so many ways. Plus, Lamar would probably rename the stadium in honor of whom ever donated such a large figure.

Guest coachacola

Reading the University Press today it appears Lamar will issue about $15M worth of bonds to be paid by the new athletic fee and Lamar will only need around $5M in donations.  If Lamar gets a $10M to $15M in private donations what will they do with the money?

Guest abovetherim

Coachacola, I read that in the press today. Now, I know they have a woman (I won't state her name) who does a great job of obtaining donations from corporate sponsors. She is the grandaughter of the man McDonald Gym is named after. She is very intelligent, has a great deal of charisma and is a fun person to be around. If anyone can get some big-time donations it is her.

Now, I heard a figure or more accurately read about a figure Lamar had an idea they could get back in September. That was before legislature passed and allowed the student fee referendum. I'm not sure what will happen now.

But, the bottom line is 25% of the renovation of Cardinal Stadium has to come from private donations. If that is true and Lamar is selling $15 million in bonds. That would mean if I'm correct the total for all the renovations for Cardinal Stadium, Huggins Field House and other football related needs would be about $20 million.

Now, to stay within Title IX compliance Lamar would need to build a soccer stadium, softball stadium and a athletic complex to house the teams. So, there are several more million needed for those projects not to mention renovation of Vincent-Beck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo