Yates Wins By 1 At Last Second

KFDM COOP

This is the hidden content, please

311xInlineGallery.jpg

It looks like their crying in the picture, maybe because they're about to play Ozen. :D

Wait a minute, now I outta know somebody at Yates to send these posts to over there. Then hang them up in the locker room for all the mighty lions to see. You know a panther will run when they see a lion ;)

Why are you dissing a local team like that if you like Yates so much then move to houston and support them over there and get on to the houston sports forum

Hold on we need him... If there were no contraversy then there would notbe a forum...  Stick around Blue!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the hidden content, please

311xInlineGallery.jpg

It looks like their crying in the picture, maybe because they're about to play Ozen. :D

Wait a minute, now I outta know somebody at Yates to send these posts to over there. Then hang them up in the locker room for all the mighty lions to see. You know a panther will run when they see a lion ;)

Why are you dissing a local team like that if you like Yates so much then move to houston and support them over there and get on to the houston sports forum

First of all, I am from 5th Ward and Beaumont ask me to come here and help this area get better by introducing fresh and innovative ideas to help the growth in this area.

Guest DickVitale

I hope Ozen takes them out to the woodshed!

Gotta pull for teams from the triangle!

I think I might take your statements and use them to fire up the team. Thanks HJ

Just HOW do you plan on doing that?  8)...

I hope Ozen takes them out to the woodshed!

Gotta pull for teams from the triangle!

I think I might take your statements and use them to fire up the team. Thanks HJ

Just HOW do you plan on doing that?   8)...

In a non-perfect world I would have sent copies over but in a perfect world, I'll just take no action. I was just wondering if Yates knew about the trash talking going on here.

OZEN BY 8 NOONE CARE IF YATES KNOWS AFTER FRIDAY ALL OF TX WILL ANYWAY. I'LL GIVE IT TO U ON GAURD PLAY CUZ OURS CAN'T STAY IN FRONT OF ANYONE. AND I SAY JOSEPH FROM OZEN WILL PLAY JOHNSON TO A STANDSTILL . LEAVING IT TO WILLIE TO BE DOMINATE ON INSIDE ON DEFENCE AND THE BENCH OZEN MIGHT BE SERVED WELL TO TEST OUT THERE DEPTH BENCH PLAY OZEN WIN.

BlueDove, I thought Yates was in the third ward by U of H? It doesn't matter because Ozen is going to send them back to whatever Ward their from. Bet they don't know about the Pear Orchard, but they will :o Send that to Jack Yates, BTW wasn't the LION on the wizard of oz a coward ;D  That was meant for fun and don't take it literally

OZEN BY 8 NOONE CARE IF YATES KNOWS AFTER FRIDAY ALL OF TX WILL ANYWAY. I'LL GIVE IT TO U ON GAURD PLAY CUZ OURS CAN'T STAY IN FRONT OF ANYONE. AND I SAY JOSEPH FROM OZEN WILL PLAY JOHNSON TO A STANDSTILL . LEAVING IT TO WILLIE TO BE DOMINATE ON INSIDE ON DEFENCE AND THE BENCH OZEN MIGHT BE SERVED WELL TO TEST OUT THERE DEPTH BENCH PLAY OZEN WIN.

All I can say is watch for the repeat when Ozen tried to match up with Chris Bosh and his group a few years ago in a State title. The Ozen guards were too slow. Even though it was early in the season, Ozen had the same problems with another quick/athletic team this year and lost.  But hey, I'm going to try and not rub it in later on tonight.

See, thats why I  hate Ozen during playoffs only when they play my Houston teams. Yall too arrogant and yall go around thinking you have some sort of a monopoly on th State 4-A title. Reminds me somewhat of the movie, "Hoosiers."  Country boys coming out the woods to geta taste of what real basketball is all about. Now get me wrong, yall can play some ball in this area, but you need to stay in your place and respect the big boys.

Guest DickVitale

See, thats why I  hate Ozen during playoffs only when they play my Houston teams. Yall too arrogant and yall go around thinking you have some sort of a monopoly on th State 4-A title. Reminds me somewhat of the movie, "Hoosiers."  Country boys coming out the woods to geta taste of what real basketball is all about. Now get me wrong, yall can play some ball in this area, but you need to stay in your place and respect the big boys.

Well lets take a count..state titles "big boys" - 0, "country boys"-1.....state appearances "big boys" - 1, "country boys" - 4.....Ozen has been open and playing a varsity schedule since 1998.....Yates has been open since 1938...60 year difference yet, in basketball the country boys have done better....hmmmmm...Wonder why? REAL PROGRAM...NO fly by nights at Ozen, buddy...PROGRAM.. ;)...Yates has won district ONCE in the last ten years...Ozen has won the district.....10 out of the last 10....PROGRAM...When Jones graduates, they will be mediocre, once again...When Kendrick left for the NBA, the train kept rolling.....PROGRAM.

Guest DickVitale

Great point, DV.  one thing wrong.  22-4a is a Weak district in hoops.

Yeah and 19-4A is weaker. And Yates has won ONE title in 10 years.. ;)...NO team would get beat by 100 in 22-4A...NONE.  I guarantee on a yearly basis, with the exception of THIS year, Central would DOMINATE that district...Lets take Ozen out of the equation for a sec...Central would dominate, Dayton would get in and Nederland would too...GUARANTEE..

Yeah and 19-4A is weaker. And Yates has won ONE title in 10 years.. ;)...NO team would get beat by 100 in 22-4A...NONE.  I guarantee on a yearly basis, with the exception of THIS year, Central would DOMINATE that district...Lets take Ozen out of the equation for a sec...Central would dominate, Dayton would get in and Nederland would too...GUARANTEE..

Yeah 19 4A has been weak for a while...  Waltrip has been the only team to make noise and that was in the late 90s!  And yes the Jag teams of those times would have beat the breaks off of Waltrip!!!

Guest DickVitale

Yeah 19 4A has been weak for a while...  Waltrip has been the only team to make noise and that was in the late 90s!  And yes the Jag teams of those times would have beat the breaks off of Waltrip!!!

Not JUST Waltrip, but check this out; Thats why I say Houston ISD ball has taken a nosedive in recent years..Here are the region 3 winners for the last 15 years: 1993 Milby (5A) Lincoln (4A),/ 1994 *Willowridge (5A) Lincoln (4A), /1995 Humble (5A), *Lincoln (4A), /1996 Dulles (5A) Bay City (4A), /1997 Humble (5A), Wheatley (4A)/ 1998 Clear Lake (5A), *Waltrip (4A) /1999 Bmt Central (5A), Lincoln (4A)/ 2000 *Willowridge (5A), PA Jefferson (4A)/ 2001 *Willowridge (5A), *Ozen (4A)/ 2002 Hightower (5A), Ozen (4A) /2003 Hightower (5A), Ozen (4A)/ 2004 *Milby (5A) *Jones (4A) /2005 *Kingwood (5A), Wheatley (4A)/ 2006 Kingwood (5A), Angleton (4A) /2007 Kingwood (5A), Ozen (4A)....*- (won title)

Now, outside of 2004, which was two teams led by bonafide stars, LOOK at how HISD has fared...The suburbs have taken over inner city basketball...Kashmere (team I coached) lost in the regional finals in 99 to Lincoln, Wheatley lost to us in 2001 in the regional final, and Worthing last season finished in the region finals...Props for doing that..23 high schools and just 3 state champs in the last 15 years? Its a new day, and HISD has been left in the dust.

Not JUST Waltrip, but check this out; Thats why I say Houston ISD ball has taken a nosedive in recent years..Here are the region 3 winners for the last 15 years: 1993 Milby (5A) Lincoln (4A),/ 1994 *Willowridge (5A) Lincoln (4A), /1995 Humble (5A), *Lincoln (4A), /1996 Dulles (5A) Bay City (4A), /1997 Humble (5A), Wheatley (4A)/ 1998 Clear Lake (5A), *Waltrip (4A) /1999 Bmt Central (5A), Lincoln (4A)/ 2000 *Willowridge (5A), PA Jefferson (4A)/ 2001 *Willowridge (5A), *Ozen (4A)/ 2002 Hightower (5A), Ozen (4A) /2003 Hightower (5A), Ozen (4A)/ 2004 *Milby (5A) *Jones (4A) /2005 *Kingwood (5A), Wheatley (4A)/ 2006 Kingwood (5A), Angleton (4A) /2007 Kingwood (5A), Ozen (4A)....*- (won title)

Now, outside of 2004, which was two teams led by bonafide stars, LOOK at how HISD has fared...The suburbs have taken over inner city basketball...Kashmere lost in the regional finals in 99 to Lincoln, Wheatley lost in 2001 in the final, and Worthing last season...Props for doing that..23 high schools and just 3 state champs in the last 15 years? Its a new day, and HISD has been left in the dust.

What a run for SETX... From '99 through '03 we had a south east tx team in either 5A or 4A to win the region.

Guest DickVitale

You know what? I AM not only a basketball GURU, I am a basketball JUNKIE!! All of that information was right from the top of the old DOME!!  ;D...I just thought about that....MAN! I need to go to a basketball annonymous group or something..."I am DickVitale...and I am a hoops junkie!" :D

You know, I was in a Houston gym last night and the conversation started on playoffs. I don't keep up with h.s. basketball like I use to I was made aware of what I call the "burb" schools dominating the playoffs.  face it, there has been a population shift within the greater Houston area, whereas the inner city schools are not as dominant as they use to be. Which is probably why the Jaycee Tournament has lost it's luster.

Guest DickVitale

BLUEDOVE, the Jaycees was THE event in Houston area basketball...Forget this Houston vs. The nation junk....Jaycees was IT! From round 1 to the finals EVERY location was packed for every game...If Houston ISD were smart, they would CONSOLIDATE...It would help athletically AND academically...Could you imagine if Wheatley were combined with Kashmere and Furr? Or Waltrip, Washington and Scarborough? Or Worthing, Sterling and Jones? Yates has NO BUSINESS being reduced to class 4A numbers...No business..COMBINE some of these schools, build facilities, and you will really see something...HISD is not that smart though.

BLUEDOVE, the Jaycees was THE event in Houston area basketball...Forget this Houston vs. The nation junk....Jaycees was IT! From round 1 to the finals EVERY location was packed for every game...If Houston ISD were smart, they would CONSOLIDATE...It would help athletically AND academically...Could you imagine if Wheatley were combined with Kashmere and Furr? Or Waltrip, Washington and Scarborough? Or Worthing, Sterling and Jones? Yates has NO BUSINESS being reduced to class 4A numbers...No business..COMBINE some of these schools, build facilities, and you will really see something...HISD is not that smart though.

I hate the word consolidate since P.A. did it far too late and far too soon. (not a highly thought out plan)

Maybe H-town can, i know they got the money

Guest DickVitale

In Houston, its just necessary...I mean why run half full schools, with empty classrooms..Shut them down, combine the populations, build new facilities (or not) and watch the growth! It is really that simple, but it takes too much brain power to so that, and the people in HISD are lacking that tremendously!

DV alot of deep rooted bitterness over these HISD schools. Some of these schools would be like oil and water but good point. Thing about it is that many of them are much more  diversied that they were ten years ago, Like Wheatly is something like forty percent hispanic and Smiley is about fifty. These kids do not get the same shake as the kids in the burbs and we have been down this road on this board before. Call you what want but is not fair and is flat our racism. Kids with no money get far less and not near the education that the $$$$$ schools do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92

• Well I’d say the Bobcats looked a lot more talented tonight, not taking anything away from Anahuac, but physically this was not a competitive game. Gotta give the Bobcats their flowers lol absolutely no one gave them a chance in this game.
    • I can’t help but feel for Anahuac in this game. A lot of buzz and excitement around the team this year, and there is not a more talented team in the district.  But it looks like they still have some issues with discipline and consistency. They keep getting in their own way.    They have an amazing coaching staff and good athletes who are also great young men. I hope they find a way to get over whatever hill is blocking them from being the program they’re capable of being
    • Worst week of the season. Glad it happened earlier than usual. 
    • Season        This         Total        Week        Player 119        18        @wo-s#1 118        16        Mr. Buddy Garrity 116        18        KF89 115        18        WOSdrummer99 112        19        Coaching4Christ 112        18        AshlyHasBeen 112        17        navydawg31 111        20        @fatthead 111        18        AggiesAreWe 111        18        RaiderGirl22 111        16        workbootz 110        20        @Matt Dillon 110        19        Guitar Man 110        19        J-Mike 110        17        Austin1985 110        17        The Lake 109        18        Cat22 108        19        bp141103 108        17        TXHORN_ET 107        16        Sledge 106        20        @BBfan061 106        18        texaslonghorn14 106        17        Longhorn62 104        20        @NewEra 100        19        bullets13 99        17        VPfan2017 99        16        RETIREDFAN1 99        15        19Bulldog99 98        15        Lamar1996 98        15        PINETREE 97        15        expirate20 94        18        Reagan 93        19        One4All 91                RealTalkRob 85        19        Broncos2447 85                DW28 83        19        Rez 83        14        ThaGhost 78        19        BigRed5 73                Stangfan#1 69        16        59n Sports 52                prepballfan 51                H-STING 49                ace2335 49                LCMAlumtiger32 47                HarryDoyle 37                3rdandGreen 36                Tiger33 30                pdawg119 29                uknowit2 20        20        @spidersal 17        17        RVLife  
    • Good question. Maybe just one of those years where not alot of football players? Im surprised aswell because usually vidor has a good # of players suited
  • Topics