Lamar vs. A&M CC/79-72 LU WINS/COMMENTS

KFDM COOP

Guest coachacola

Some thoughts:

1.  Again, Lamar lets the other team back in the game instead of blowing them out.

2.  Is Dawkins getting worn down?  He plays 40 minutes in almost every game.

3.  Hall is playing better.  Maybe he'll make an impact yet before the season is over.

4.  Rebounding and free throws make me nervous. 

5.  Corpus Christi should be embarrassed by that crowd.

6.  Todd and Hopkins have really picked up the slack since Barrow got injured.  Why weren't they playing this good at the beginning of the season?

7.  Lamar shouldn't lose any of their last 3 games unless 3 or 4 guys have an off night.

8.  Lamar is 2 wins away from a 20+ win season!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

Some thoughts:

1.  Again, Lamar lets the other team back in the game instead of blowing them out.

3.  Hall is playing better.  Maybe he'll make an impact yet before the season is over.

6.  Todd and Hopkins have really picked up the slack since Barrow got injured.  Why weren't they playing this good at the beginning of the season?

7.  Lamar shouldn't lose any of their last 3 games unless 3 or 4 guys have an off night.

coachacola, I can't determine what you want.  It's a road game, the Cardinals won, they had a large lead, they won by a lesser amount, what is your problem with that?

Some thoughts:

coachacola, I can't determine what you want.  It's a road game, the Cardinals won, they had a large lead, they won by a lesser amount, what is your problem with that?

Lamar got a little sloppy, I think his point was for Lamar to not lose focus this late. Lets correct those mistakes.

Guest abovetherim

Coachacola knows his Lamar basketball. Quick trivia question here: What is the longest conference winning streak in school history? How many game and what year did it occur?

Guys, I had a blast watching the watch with 70-100 Cardinal fans including the new women's soccer coach, two of the assistant coaches on the ladies team and a couple players on the soccer team. I was nervous as the lead Lamar had in the second half began to dwindle but I saw three huge positives in this game. Ashton Hall is coming around and hit two critical 3-pt shots and Jay Brown is playing some good basketball as of late. Lastly, I know everyone including myself wants Lamar to win by twenty every game but this was a road game and the Cardinals found a way to get it done again. I love this team.

Now, let's "put a hurtin in the Burton" this Saturday versus McNeese State. If LU wins Saturday they will be going for twenty wins on senior night in the Montagne Center and I would expect a large crowd to say thank you to 3 great seniors: Lamar Sanders, Darren Hopkins and Currye Todd.

It's great watching Lamar basketball again!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo