*Ozen vs. #1 Yates Playoff Updates/YATES ADVANCES 60-58/COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

Guest BIG HOUSE

Wher are the mighty ozen fans? I can tell you that if coach J.Gamble had a 18pt. lead ozen would still be playing.Coach B. gets to much credit..heck ozen is loaded every year,but only 1-time did they get the gold......loaded and @ home ;D ;D ;D ;D

By the way  I"M LOVING IT  ;D ;D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many times did jones get dunked on i said joseph from ozen would out play him

Did anyone go to the game yates was beat REFS brought them back little to play crowd refs and nationally ranked team at home . to their credit they made adjustments on franks staying down on his perimeter shot

I knew it was going to happen. The refs had to get into the conversation. Why not just give Yates credit. They were down by almost 20 points and the fans were calling home telling their friends the game was over in the first half. Man, this is a nationally ranked team who has played big name schools. Do rankings mean anything? It depends on how you use the ranking to your mental advantage.  Like it or not, Yates has played some big name schools and tournaments. This provides a tremendous mental advantage to the team, if used properly.

You don't read Blue... I actually gave Yates credit for adjusting their style to the way the game was called and Ozen did not do that!!!  Yates won fair and square Ozen did not meet the challenge...  They had every opportunity to win the game and let Yates off the hook!  I tried to tell Dickie in an earlier post on another topic that you must withstand Yates third quarter push.. Everytime I have watched them this year they make a strong push in the third quater!

Jacoby did outplay Jones but he didnt step up when it counted.  Open shoot to win the game and he choked and shot an air ball... He probaly should have went to the cup to create a better shot and an opportuunity to draw a foul or at least get a rebound...  The air ball really hurted...  The kid will grow from that experience and I hope I have the opportunity to watch him on the next level.

sHORT, I was responding to The Brain's comments and the "ref card."

how many times did jones get dunked on i said joseph from ozen would out play him

Did anyone go to the game yates was beat REFS brought them back little to play crowd refs and nationally ranked team at home . to their credit they made adjustments on franks staying down on his perimeter shot

I knew it was going to happen. The refs had to get into the conversation. Why not just give Yates credit. They were down by almost 20 points and the fans were calling home telling their friends the game was over in the first half. Man, this is a nationally ranked team who has played big name schools. Do rankings mean anything? It depends on how you use the ranking to your mental advantage.  Like it or not, Yates has played some big name schools and tournaments. This provides a tremendous mental advantage to the team, if used properly.

You don't read Blue... I actually gave Yates credit for adjusting their style to the way the game was called and Ozen did not do that!!!  Yates won fair and square Ozen did not meet the challenge...  They had every opportunity to win the game and let Yates off the hook!  I tried to tell Dickie in an earlier post on another topic that you must withstand Yates third quarter push.. Everytime I have watched them this year they make a strong push in the third quater!

Jacoby did outplay Jones but he didnt step up when it counted.  Open shoot to win the game and he choked and shot an air ball... He probaly should have went to the cup to create a better shot and an opportuunity to draw a foul or at least get a rebound...  The air ball really hurted...  The kid will grow from that experience and I hope I have the opportunity to watch him on the next level.

sHORT, I was responding to The Brain's comments and the "ref card."

My bad Big Dog! ;D

Guest DickVitale

OK here I am guys...Really good game...Up 30-13, had 5 shots without them scoring and could not cash in...Did not go into the spread game because Boutte wanted to put them away..They were ready to quit and their fans were too...Decarlos scored 12 in the first quarter and took ONE shot in the second half...That hurt..They were doubling him, pulling on his jersey, and Breon and Dequincy lost their patience and would not wait for him to free himself...He also got a little frustrated at all of the holding they were doing..Jacoby had no business taking that shot while only being down 2, BUT, he was a senior and felt he could send them a dagger and took it..It happens...Next strange stat...THEY were pressing and shot 20 free throws...to Ozen 5 (FIRST ft taken in the 3rd quarter)...Second half foul count was 12-4...Ozen...and THEY were pressing..Just a few strange stats, not making excuses, Yates fought hard, and their age showed down the stretch...Particularly in the 3rd quarter...They were relentless..Actually they fought so hard, I think it cost them the game vs. Wheatley...

Decarlos scored 12 in the first quarter and took ONE shot in the second half...That hurt..They were doubling him, pulling on his jersey, and Breon and Dequincy lost their patience and would not wait for him to free himself...He also got a little frustrated at all of the holding they were doing..Jacoby had no business taking that shot while only being down 2, BUT, he was a senior and felt he could send them a dagger and took it..It happens...Next strange stat...THEY were pressing and shot 20 free throws...to Ozen 5 (FIRST ft taken in the 3rd quarter)...Second half foul count was 12-4...Ozen...and THEY were pressing..Just a few strange stats, not making excuses, Yates fought hard, and their age showed down the stretch...Particularly in the 3rd quarter...They were relentless..Actually they fought so hard, I think it cost them the game vs. Wheatley...

Sounds like sour grapes to me DickieV.  They were pressing so they should have more fouls???  By that logic Ozen should always have more fouls against every team they play in district, since most teams don't press them back.  If you fouled, you fouled.  Suck it up.  The previous poster had it correct when he said if Coach Gamble had a 30-13 lead, he would have iced it.  I'm not saying Boutte is a bad coach, because he's not (he's a good coach), but he's not the next coming of Phil Jackson like you sometimes make him out to be.  He goes in to 95% of the games he coaches with the most talent (by a good margin).  So he's supposed to get the W.  These 2 teams were probably pretty equal in the talent dept. but one team got it done and the other didn't.  Still a good season by Ozen (avg. for their talent).  They have a good team coming back next year, and should be tough to beat again.

Guest DickVitale

No sour grapes here...It happens...You win some, you lose some...Thats basketball..However, it is a STRANGE stat that the team that pressed 99% of the game shot more free throws and fouled less...It happens, as evidenced by Friday night, but, the fact reamins it is a strange stat due to logic..The reason Boutte did not pull it out, was because it was TOO EARLY in the game and he wanted to PUT THEM AWAY..The opportunity was there, because they were ready to quit, but in 5 attempts, neither team scored and missed point blank layups...They rode that momentum in to half instead of being down 20 or 30, they cut it to 6...It happens..Trust me, if those shots go down, Boutte is up BIG at the half and the spread game would have been dropped on them...Game over.

Guest DickVitale

Dang, now I'm almost wishing Ozen would have won. All their people have vanished off the forum.

Thats why you should be careful about what you PRAY for!! Prayer works!! :D

Guest DickVitale

Last I checked....Yates is doing EQUIPMENT INVENTORY today, as well! ;)..Thats who you were riding with, BLUEDOVE...Dont go and jump on the Wheatley express now... 8) ::)

Guest tigersvoice

Last I checked....Yates is doing EQUIPMENT INVENTORY today, as well! ;)..Thats who you were riding with, BLUEDOVE...Dont go and jump on the Wheatley express now... 8) ::)

A L R I G H T!  He's back.  I thought we had lost him.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43