Keller Favoring The Illini?

Guest mffl

When the season started at Lee College, Dominique Keller aimed to not only showcase himself but get his squad to nationals. Unfortunately the latter is not going to happen but the super-athletic 6-foot-7, 225-pound certainly showed his stuff. With the season now nearing a close, Keller is refocusing in on his college recruitment where high-major programs are very much involved, with one game left for him to showcase his skills.

"We're not going to make the playoffs as we're two games out right now," Keller said. "But I'm still going to end up averaging about 25 (points) and ten (rebounds) so I had a good year."

For the record, Keller currently leads Region XIV in scoring at a 24.8 ppg clip and ranks third in rebounding at 9.1 rpg. Just a month ago, Keller remained under the mainstream recruiting radar despite those sizzling numbers but schools have caught on to his availability - including a serious suitor from the Big Ten.

"Illinois is on me pretty strong right now," Keller said. "I've talked to (head coach) Bruce Weber and I want to see what they will say. They're coming to see me on Tuesday when we play Angelina and then they say that they want me to come on a visit."

Keller likes what he's heard so far from Illinois as he's familiar with the Fighting Illini and the competition that they play. "They've got a nice program and they're losing a lot of forwards too," Keller said. "So we'll see what they're talking about."

Illinois isn't alone in recruiting Keller as he's fielded some calls from some other schools in high-major conferences. "Oregon State has been coming on strong, as has Ole Miss and Idaho," Keller said. "There's also Texas A&M and Florida State - there are a lot of schools coming in right now."

Keller remains open to anything at this point in his recruitment, but things could change at any time so be sure to stay tuned.

Texas Hoops Analysis: DOMINIQUE is an active and efficient paint scorer with very good low post moves. He works hard for the ball, has a soft touch in the paint and out to 15 feet and runs the floor hard. He can beat the defense back for easy buckets and is active on the boards at both ends.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo