1 Stephen F. Austin  93.4  79.6  55.0

3 Sam Houston St.    84.0  54.4  24.5

2 Lamar                  63.0  28.8  10.4

4 SE Louisiana          72.6  15.5  5.2

7 UT Arlington          37.0  12.6  3.3

6 McNeese St.        16.0  4.2  0.7

5 Northwestern St.  27.4  2.9  0.5

8 UT San Antonio      6.6  2.0  0.3

Format: All games at the Merrell Center, Katy, Texas, March 13, 14, 16.

Most likely championship matchup: Stephen F. Austin vs. Sam Houston State (43%)

The Southland leaves their worst three teams behind for this event. SFA won at Oklahoma earlier this season, and the Lumberjacks have just four losses overall, including one at Texas Tech, another by one point in overtime, and a third by two points. They're the best team in the Southland. On an unrelated note, one of Lamar's starters is actually named Lamar, which I found interesting.

SFA has a 55% of winning, SHSU 24.5%, LU only 10.4%.  Since there's been upsets in the Sunbelt and the WCC, look for one in the SLC too.

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=222

Ask those oddsmakers what the odds of SFA losing to Nicholls were?? Or better yet, what were the odds of SFA losing a late season important home game to UT-A? I think SFA is the deserved favorite going in, but I don't think they are gonna win it. Give me Lamar and SHSU and somebody else can have SFA. I would also like to know why Lamar's odds are only 10% while SHSU is nearly 25%. That does not make much sense to me. LU beat them in Beaumont in their only meeting this year and also beat them at the conference tourney last year. I just don't see them being 2.5 times more likely to win the tourney than us. Actually, with the parity in this conference on any given night, I think the odds on even some of the lower seeds look way too low. If McNeese or Northwestern get hot than they are more than capable of making a run.

Here's the odds for each team to the SLC tourney (from Basketball Prospectus):

Southland Conference

Semis Final Champ

1 Stephen F. Austin  93.4  79.6  55.0

3 Sam Houston St.    84.0  54.4  24.5

2 Lamar                   63.0  28.8  10.4

4 SE Louisiana          72.6  15.5   5.2

7 UT Arlington          37.0  12.6   3.3

6 McNeese St.         16.0   4.2   0.7

5 Northwestern St.   27.4   2.9   0.5

8 UT San Antonio      6.6   2.0   0.3

Format: All games at the Merrell Center, Katy, Texas, March 13, 14, 16.

Most likely championship matchup: Stephen F. Austin vs. Sam Houston State (43%)

The Southland leaves their worst three teams behind for this event. SFA won at Oklahoma earlier this season, and the Lumberjacks have just four losses overall, including one at Texas Tech, another by one point in overtime, and a third by two points. They're the best team in the Southland. On an unrelated note, one of Lamar's starters is actually named Lamar, which I found interesting.

SFA has a 55% of winning, SHSU 24.5%, LU only 10.4%.  Since there's been upsets in the Sunbelt and the WCC, look for one in the SLC too.

This is the hidden content, please

Looks like whoever ran these projections needs to re-boot their computer  ;D

Guest abovetherim

You're correct it was Jake94. Thanks man, I've been in a bad mood the past couple days and you brought a smile to my face. That was hilarious!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43