Final State Rankings!!! Guess What? Silsbee is Ranked!!

Say what you will, but there is NO WAY HJ is the 13th best team in the state.  They are in the top five if not higher.  True, they lost to Silsbee on a day where Silsbee was the better team, but I guarantee you, Kennedale nor Burkburnett had no desire to see HJ make it to the state tournament.

Say what you will, but there is NO WAY HJ is the 13th best team in the state.  They are in the top five if not higher.  True, they lost to Silsbee on a day where Silsbee was the better team, but I guarantee you, Kennedale nor Burkburnett had no desire to see HJ make it to the state tournament.

Trust me, Kennedale is better than HJ and not just because they beat Silsbee and are state champions.

Guest nostradamus
Trust me, Kennedale is better than HJ and not just because they beat Silsbee and are state champions.

I disagree Aggies.....I thought the same thing at first after watching Silsbee play them (even though I believe Silsbee did not play well against them) but, after watching how Burkburnett's press hurt Kennedale (same press we run) I felt like we would have matched up well with any of the teams there. 

It's all about match-ups at that point and I think we matched up pretty well with all four teams there.  While rankings ultimately mean very little I am confused as to how teams from the two toughest regions in the state (that made it to the regional tournaments and finals) could be ranked below teams who got beat in the second and third rounds.

Oh well.....

I disagree Aggies.....I thought the same thing at first after watching Silsbee play them (even though I believe Silsbee did not play well against them) but, after watching how Burkburnett's press hurt Kennedale (same press we run) I felt like we would have matched up well with any of the teams there. 

It's all about match-ups at that point and I think we matched up pretty well with all four teams there.  While rankings ultimately mean very little I am confused as to how teams from the two toughest regions in the state (that made it to the regional tournaments and finals) could be ranked below teams who got beat in the second and third rounds.

Oh well.....

Match-ups are everything...  That is real talk!

Trust me we would have loved to play Kennedale or Burburnett, and neither wanted to see us. Your comment about how much better they are than us is SILLY, yall were in it the whole game almost and missed a lot of shots along the way. I still say if yall would have had a good day shooting the ball yall would be state champs. I am glad to see that silsbee finally got into the rankings it was terrible how they got no love from TABC all year or last year we knew you guys were better than that.

Wow just wow. I think a trained monkey randomly inserting teams would have made a better ranking than the TABC. I have no problems with the top 4  (congrats Silsbee, it was a long time coming) because they always include the 4 state qualifiers first (as they should). But a team that lost in the regional semis jumped 13 spots while HJ lost in the regional finals dropped 7. And if that wasn't bad enough. The 5th ranked team lost in the Area round.

As has been stated many times on here, these rankings are a joke.

After watching many HJ games and watching the games at state I would say that  HJ would have had a tough time with Kennedale because of the size they have.  Granted HJ could have equaled that with pressure D saying that they are lucky doesnt seem like a smart comment.  i understand you are just backing your team but both teams in the finals where good teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats