Here you go...22-4A all-district released

I was invited by the coaches to sit in this selection meeting to watch & observe how it's done.

All selections were voted on by all 8 head coaches.

*Being voted 1 of the 4 superlatives, you were already declared 1st team.

MVP: DeCarlos Frank, Ozen, SOPH

Offensive POY: Jamar Gulley, Central, JR

Defensive POW: Willie Jefferson, Ozen, JR

Newcomer: Dionte Forney, Nederland, FROSH

Coach: Andre Boutte, Ozen

1st Team

Jacoby Joseph, Ozen, SR

Chris Hammond, Nederland, JR

AJ Dugat, Dayton, JR

Ronnie Powell, Dayton, SR

Kevin Cooper, LC-M, SR

Jared Williamson, Vidor, JR

Dallas Bean, LC-M, SR

Chad Sims, Vidor, JR

Travis Thompson, PN-G, SR

Breon Johnson, Ozen, JR

2nd Team

Stephen Moten, Ozen, SR

Jonathan Ward, Lumberton, SR

Chris Harris, Central, SR

CJ Champine, LC-M, SR

Lincoln Charlton, Central, SR

Scott Howard, Vidor, SR

Francis Torres, Nederland, JR

Ryan Miller, PN-G, SR

Hunter Rector, Lumberton, JR

Phillip Jefferson, Central, JR

John Gable, Dayton, SR

Ozen will have a good group coming back, Central is always tough but beatable if you can make less mistakes against their press. Nederland will have the same core of players they have had the last two years and Vidor will return a couple of seasoned players as well. Lumberton will do better than most expect and PNG will have to find replacements for Miller and Thompson. LCM graduated a lot of players but Coach Harley finds a way to compete every year. I do not know much about Livingston, but do not believe they are on the same level as Dayton. With four teams being able to go to the playoffs this next season I am going with Ozen at the top with Nederland, Vidor and Central as the next three teams in no particular order. This is all very early speculation and a lot could change between now and then. But if I had to choose, these are my best bet for the top 4 this next season. Also congrats to the players on the all district list, looks good to me.

How in the world does Stephen Moten make all region and not make 1st team all district.I would take the first 2 picks on the second team any day.Moten always stepped up in the big games and Ward is as solid as they come,he just didn't have any help  ::) ::) ::)

Guest DickVitale

I hear that the voters for all region got Jacoby Joseph and Stephen Moten confused for each other!...Might explain it...I just heard that this morning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43