Lamar vs. UTA/UTA ADVANCES!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think roc got all he could out of these guys.we have to upgrade in talent to take that next step.we lose 4 players and maybe more.we need to find some beef down low or were having this same convo next year.even though im hurting i do want to thank the team for a great year.

I don't find this loss all that surprising. Lamar got hot in mid season and started to stumble down the stretch. There is a lot of parity in this league. UTA was a good team when they came to Beaumont and were good again today. UTA was the only team this season to go to SFA and win so they are no slouch. I thought Lamar had a good season, but I just wish it would have ended a little better. The loss at SELA really let the wind out of our sails in my opinion.

i think roc got all he could out of these guys.we have to upgrade in talent to take that next step.we lose 4 players and maybe more.we need to find some beef down low or were having this same convo next year.even though im hurting i do want to thank the team for a great year.

Nice season.  I guess I should be pleased overall but this loss is a tough pill to swallow.  All we had to do was beat McNeese and we are in the NIT but nope...we lay an egg their.  And then we lay an egg in the first round of the tournament.  The early season was a big failure...the mid season was absolutely fantastic...and the post season was a HUGE FAILURE.

I'm sick....and you look at who we are using and the lack of any decent recruits and I'm even more sick.  It's time for Roc to step up and show why he is supposedly such a good recruiter.  Lamar Sanders, Hopkins, Currye, and Dawkins were all good recruits.  The 3 early signees look like subpar recruits (even for the SLC).  LU/Roc/Skelton HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO between now and next season.  I do think there are some potentially bright spots with Nabors and Worrell and possibly even Brown but Worrell and Brown still have to make a huge improvement next year.  I guess I just have too high of expectations.  I consider us the North Carolna of the Southland...you know they expect to win the ACC title every year...I expect us to win the SLC title every year.  Maybe we are just the Virginia or Florida State of the ACC.

Nice season.  I guess I should be pleased overall but this loss is a tough pill to swallow.  All we had to do was beat McNeese and we are in the NIT but nope...we lay an egg their.  And then we lay an egg in the first round of the tournament.  The early season was a big failure...the mid season was absolutely fantastic...and the post season was a HUGE FAILURE.

I'm sick....and you look at who we are using and the lack of any decent recruits and I'm even more sick.  It's time for Roc to step up and show why he is supposedly such a good recruiter.  Lamar Sanders, Hopkins, Currye, and Dawkins were all good recruits.  The 3 early signees look like subpar recruits (even for the SLC).  LU/Roc/Skelton HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO between now and next season.  I do think there are some potentially bright spots with Nabors and Worrell and possibly even Brown but Worrell and Brown still have to make a huge improvement next year.  I guess I just have too high of expectations.  I consider us the North Carolna of the Southland...you know they expect to win the ACC title every year...I expect us to win the SLC title every year.  Maybe we are just the Virginia or Florida State of the ACC.

Cant be NC... They expect to but they do at least some times.... We won once since basketball came back in '96

Here's a few comments from Coach Roc and Senior Lamar Sanders:

"Our guys did a great job of staying in the game...We didn't shoot the ball well enough from the floor or the free throw line to win the game," Coach Roc.

"We knew it before we got here that is was going to be a physical game. They just outplayed us and outworked us tonight," said Lamar Sanders.

"We had a great regular season, a share of the conference championship. It's very disappointing to lose like this in the postseason," said Coach Roc.

Sanders then wrapped up the press conference thanking all coaches, players, media, and the community of Beaumont for their support of Lamar Men's Basketball.

Lamar will not have to wait until early next week to see if they clinched a NIT berth after the NCAA Tournament teams have been selected.

Make sure you read the complete game blog linked in the "Related Media" section in the right column. Stay with KFDM and kfdm.com and setxsports.com for highlights.

Guest DickVitale

NIT is a long shot...This IS the SOUTHLAND conference we are talking about...Tough loss...I hope the best for Roc and his troops...bummer. :(

The season is over, no NIT,no CBI.  Lamar didn't end the season today, they ended the season last week. I was really pissed off

because I knew when Mcneese beat SELA that Lamar season was over if Lamar lost to SELA. It was about seeding. SFA will cruise to the dance

with double digit wins. Lamar gave SFA that easy route to the dance.

Well theres always next year. I know how many years we have said that, however, we have a good core of players coming back with Dawkins, Worrell, Nabors, Jay Brown, and McThay. Hall will improve this summer, i know it. It's up to Roc to get a low post scoring threat who isn't so obese he's immobile in the paint. I don't know why the heck we didn't play Nwevo, but thats an argument for another day i guess... it was a good season. Almost won the conference outright and actually got a postseason bid... so close.

Not close enough though.

Coach Roc will work his but this summer recruiting, I know a loss like this will fuel him to make this team that much better.

Well theres always next year. I know how many years we have said that, however, we have a good core of players coming back with Dawkins, Worrell, Nabors, Jay Brown, and McThay. Hall will improve this summer, i know it. It's up to Roc to get a low post scoring threat who isn't so obese he's immobile in the paint. I don't know why the heck we didn't play Nwevo, but thats an argument for another day i guess... it was a good season. Almost won the conference outright and actually got a postseason bid... so close.

Not close enough though.

Coach Roc will work his but this summer recruiting, I know a loss like this will fuel him to make this team that much better.

Dawkins....yes A+

Nabors....yes A-

Brown...B-

McThay...B

Worrell... D

We need to hit a jackpot in April with recruits.

Guest abovetherim

Our chances of a postseason birth went out the window with the loss today. 19 wins with 4 being non DI's is not a good enough resume'. Sorry, I love the Cards but this season is over.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo