SOC

Someone asked a question about South Oak Cliff, ateam from the Dallas area.  I checked them out this week.  Man, theyhad an awesome run - then I read they cheated.  Not only once, but several other investigations, including one going on right now.  They are lucky they are not recieving more attention.  I have no respect for a program that is a known cheater.  What is a championship worth if you cheated?

Someone asked a question about South Oak Cliff, ateam from the Dallas area.  I checked them out this week.  Man, theyhad an awesome run - then I read they cheated.  Not only once, but several other investigations, including one going on right now.  They are lucky they are not recieving more attention.  I have no respect for a program that is a known cheater.  What is a championship worth if you cheated?

Beating a dead horse, dude.

What do you mean - beating a dead horse.  DV asked about it - I responded.  You confuse me.  As far as the response of "allegations" - according to the media report, they admitted they changed the grade.  If this is old info - my bad - I am new here and was just trying to talk some  hoops.

What do you mean - beating a dead horse.  DV asked about it - I responded.  You confuse me.  As far as the response of "allegations" - according to the media report, they admitted they changed the grade.  If this is old info - my bad - I am new here and was just trying to talk some  hoops.

So they admitted to changing a grade... I thought it was about an old player!?

Actually the report said the player was flunking an English class.  They took him out of the class mid -season but failed to report the grade.  According the rules - UIL I believe, he is still assigned the F even if he was taken out of the class.  I am not sure about Texas rules, perhaps someones knows more about this.  I know this is a shame on any level.  Who would have know that this occurred.  The coach, principal, AD?

Actually the report said the player was flunking an English class.  They took him out of the class mid -season but failed to report the grade.  According the rules - UIL I believe, he is still assigned the F even if he was taken out of the class.  I am not sure about Texas rules, perhaps someones knows more about this.  I know this is a shame on any level.  Who would have know that this occurred.  The coach, principal, AD?

I don't know but it is urly wrong if it happened!!!

Check out the PM southbound!

• 4 weeks later...

Too bad it wasn't Ozen's parade :'(

State 4A boys basketball champions South Oak Cliff High School will be honored with a parade

The South Oak Cliff High School boys basketball team will have a parade in their honor at 10 a.m., Saturday April 12 for capturing the 2008 Boys State 4A Basketball crown during the tournament that was held in Austin. The Golden Bears captured the Class 4A title with an 80-77 win over Fort Worth Southwest on March 8.

This year marked the fourth straight year and 11 overall appearances at the state tournament for South Oak Cliff. They have won six titles.

The parade line-up begins at 9 a.m.

Guest DickVitale

Been there, done that...Our parade in 2001 was THE BEST!! What a day! It was a complete surprise to all of us, because when the police pulled us over on the way back from Austin, we thought the driver was getting a speeding ticket! We had to wake everyone up and then told them to try and look presentable... and the entire city of Beaumont lined up on the streets to greet us....That was priceless. 8)..MY picture was on the front page of Monday's Beaumont Enterprise holding up the trophy... ;D

Been there, done that...Our parade in 2001 was THE BEST!! What a day! It was a complete surprise to all of us, because when the police pulled us over on the way back from Austin, we thought the driver was getting a speeding ticket! We had to wake everyone up and then told them to try and look presentable... and the entire city of Beaumont lined up on the streets to greet us....That was priceless. 8)..MY picture was on the front page of Monday's Beaumont Enterprise holding up the trophy... ;D

Dickie, it's good you have those memories from Ozen. Make sure you hang on to them. Everybody can't earn them, even  in an entire lifetime.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43