Doesn't look good for LU Men and postseason this year.

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

http://tcaa.puretecmo.com/bracket31508.html

NIT bracket through March 16th, 2008 

OHIO ST. Region ARIZONA ST. Region VT Region ILL ST. Region

1 Ohio St. 1 Arizona St. 1 Virginia Tech 1 Illinois St.

8 UNC Asheville 8 Alabama St. 8 Robert Morris 8 Morgan St.

4 Oklahoma St. 4 Creighton 4 UAB 4 Florida St.

5 Southern Illinois 5 Texas Tech 5 Charlotte 5 Cleveland St.

2 Syracuse 2 Mississippi 2 Massachusetts 2 Florida

7 Nebraska 7 Akron 7 Utah St. 7 Santa Barbara

3 Dayton 3 VCU 3 Maryland 3 New Mexico

6 Stephen F. Austin 6 Wake Forest 6 Minnesota 6 California

CBI Tournament Games 

SOUTH Region EAST Region MIDWEST Region WEST Region

1 Virginia 1 Seton Hall 1 Houston 1 Washington

4 Ohio 4 Utah 4 Tulsa 4 Sam Houston St.

2 Alabama 2 Rhode Island 2 Bradley 2 Nevada

3 Miami (OH) 3 Wright St. 3 IUPUI 3 San Diego St.

19 wins in the slc, forget about it. Same for the 19 wins lady cards.

Actually -- 15 wins. Throw out the sub-Div I wins. That leaves SHSU at 19 unfortunately, but the teams getting the CBI call have RPIs that are worse than ours...so, no telling. Perhaps SHSU declined the bid, but I doubt they would have...

19 wins in the slc, forget about it. Same for the 19 wins lady cards.

Actually -- 15 wins. Throw out the sub-Div I wins. That leaves SHSU at 19 unfortunately, but the teams getting the CBI call have RPIs that are worse than ours...so, no telling. Perhaps SHSU declined the bid, but I doubt they would have...

Declined what bid? I see that they are in the CBI tourney. Or am I seeing things?

Declined what bid? I see that they are in the CBI tourney. Or am I seeing things?

No Southland teams in the CBI. Apparently RPI was not that big a criteria for them and they just wanted a good mix of majors and mid-majors. Some of these matchups make plenty of sense (Richmond v Virginia, Cincy vs Bradley), but it does not seem the Gazelle Group got as lucky at they wanted as some of these match-ups send teams on the road a little further than they probably wanted...

Tuesday, March 18

Richmond at Virginia - 7 p.m.

Houston at Nevada - 9 p.m.

Brown at Ohio - TBA

Rider at Old Dominion - TBA

Wednesday, March 19

Cincinnati at Bradley - 7 p.m.

Valparaiso at Washington - 9 p.m.

Miami (Ohio) at Tulsa - TBA

Utah at UTEP - TBA

I heard somewhere that getting into the CBI was contingent on teams being willing to guarantee a certain amount of money going to the CBI. I think it was in the neighborhood of $60,000. Even though that's a relatively small amount by today's standards, maybe SHSU wasn't willing to pony up. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have gotten in. They could have won the thing...

Guest abovetherim

To me they were looking at "money games" and not the better teams. I say Lamar and SHSU both should have got in before Cincinnati. They lost their last six basketball game.

Why does one say SHSU in and other say SHSU out.

The projections (which came from the same guy that does NITology) had us projected in. It's like the Bracketology for the NIT and CBI -- which I think is pretty neat that someone does this, as he's like the only one to do it. He sure gets a lot of traffic (and according to Google, quite a few message board mentions).

The actual CBI bracket did not have SHSU.

Guest abovetherim

Wonder why? If it was $60K and they had to travel then I understand. If it was $60K and a home game to get a name opponent in here would have been worth it. Of course maybe he and Coach Roc decided this team reached they peak and would not do well.

I know it wouldn't be like being in the NCAA tournament but some publicity is better than none.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo