Coach Tidwell says he'll sign two more in April

Guest abovetherim

Guest abovetherim

During The Coach Roc Show, Coach Tidwell was a special guest and mentioned he'll sign two more ladies in April. He stated one was a local product (Ang Green from Silsbee) but did not state her name and mentioned the Lady Cardinals were going to sign another PF.

I have no idea how many scholarships there are for ladies basketball but he sure is recruiting a lot of players for just one senior.

He did mention the 6-4 young lady playing in Fort Worth was MVP in the private school state tournament.

Also, he stated the woman from Sweden played in an All-State game recently and had 30 pts. Said again, "She is a legit 6-0 PG."

Doesn't sound like he is interested in going anywhere.

He has a top 25 class coming in. We are talking 2 players better than Tamara; Green and Kalis. Another player not as good as Tamara, but can score and has height to solve our rebounding problem. She should open things up for Brittany. If Lady cards can get to the championship game with the current so-so ability team, imagine what the new recruits will do. Top 25 in 2 years, You heard it here from me first.

I just want to refresh everyone's mind about what a great job Tidwell has done recruiting.  While Drake was a good teacher and some of his teams really came together on the floor, his one and only recruiting "prize" was Brittany Williams.

In two years, Tidwell has recruited:

• The best player in Europe in two consecutive years, Tamara Abalde and Kalis Loyd.  Both of them over 6'0" and all the skill of a great guard.
  • 1st team NJCAA All-American Nikki Williams.  A very good 2-guard who did a yeoman's job at point when AC went down.
  • An NJCAA Academic All-American, Ashley Crawford
  • An NJCAA Champion Point Guard, Agnija Reke.
  • Two-time All-State guard, and possibly the best player in the area, Ang Green.
  • And a lot of other players that do a good job and fit the system well.

If anyone calls in, ask coach about ms 30 pts a game Katrina Harris from Central. This kid can score and she did it at the 4A level and against 5A schools.

Lamar could use this kind of scoring off the bench and maybe starting in 3-4 years. Or did she sign with another school?

Guest abovetherim

Don't know but he said two more and we all know Ang Green is one of them and the other will be a PF. Knowing Coach Tidwell he'll land a good one. He said last year he brought in 11 young women for a visit and signed 9 of them.

i really havent followed the women to much until recently.i did learn he lost his starting point and a valuable post player named coffey.he will have those two back and is losing only one senior.add this excellent recruiting class and it equals a bright future.

Guest abovetherim

The girl from the Virgin Islands left the team as she was homesick. Agree, Coach Tidwell is doing it the right way and I honestly believe a Top 25 women's program is in the Lamar Ladies future.

At that time I hope the fan's come out and average 3,000. That is more than the majority of SLC men's teams.

I don't know about Angie Green being better than Tamara her freshmen year but she will be very good for the lady cards. I think Petrovanie will be verrryyy good as she plays basketball more. She has only played organized basketball for 3 years according to this article http://lamarcardinals.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/010808aaa.htmlhttp://lamarcardinals.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/010808aaa.html and she put up strong numbers, plus at 6-4, all she has to do is be able to grab a rebound and make a layup like Courtney Paris for Oklahoma. Oh and she is also ranked 102 in America according to the girls basketball report, a good site for womens bball.

Guest abovetherim

Yea, I hear she is really good and will play at the next level. Hopefully she'll go juco and then Lamar can grab her next year. Coach Tidwell stated on air (KFDM) the only other signee would be a PF. Lamar will get back their starting point guard (torn ACL in the 2nd game), add the girl from Sweden, then move Nikki Williams back to her natural position as a SG. Nikki Williams is a former JC All-American who was All-Conference playing out of position. I could see Lamar adding Little next year because Nikki Williams will be a senior next year.

Either way, best of luck to Miss Little as I hear she is a great player.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo