Coach ROC Reviews Season..VIDEO

Guest abovetherim

There are a couple of holes to fill but those are HUGE holes. Chipola College has a guy 6-8 that is the teammate of Skyler Williams (Lamar signee) who originally signed with Fresno State. I know Coach Roc is going to Hutch. Kansas for the NJCAA Tournament and I would be all over this guy.

There are probably 4/5 other post players that would fit what we need but I would first talk to this guy once he got off the bus from Florida.

Guest abovetherim

BTW, don't be surprised if Lamar signs 4 additional players this spring. Remember Coy Custer has a 4.0 GPA as an engineering major, probably is on an academic scholarship. If not now, he will be. Matt Barrow probably isn't coming back. Then I love Nwevo but his minutes really diminished as the season progressed. He might be asked to walk-on next season but he too is a really good student and even better person. I hope something works out so he stays.

Guest coachacola

I think there's a lot of pressure on Roc to win next year and get Lamar into the NCAA tourney.  There's going to be a lot of seniors on the team next year and anything less than a trip to the NCAA tourney will be disappointing.  If Roc doesn't bring in some great players now and next year and there's a down year after next year then people will jump off the Roc bandwagon fast.

I think how well Roc does these next 2 or 3 years will influence the direction Lamar takes as far as conference affiliation goes.  If the basketball program still hasn't made it over the hump then it  will make it harder for Lamar to jump to a better conference.  Tubbs needs to do all he can do as AD to make sure Roc succeeds the next couple of years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo