LU football coach

Guest roberthollister

Guest roberthollister

Do you think they'll add an additional 10,000 or so seats?  That'd leave it at 27,500.  That's probably too many, being that UH only gets 15,000 a game at Robertson Stadium.

Do you think they'll add an additional 10,000 or so seats?  That'd leave it at 27,500.  That's probably too many, being that UH only gets 15,000 a game at Robertson Stadium.

That has nothing to do with Lamar.

Houston MSA 5,000,000 UH 30,000 you say football 15,000

Lake Chuck MSA 178,000 McNeese 8,000  football 16,000

Guest coachacola

We probably won't know the coach for a while, so I am more interested in the stadium plans. Anything less than a horseshoe will leave me disappointed.

I think you'll be disappointed UNLV but I hope I'm wrong.  If they only have $6.5 million planned for stadium upgrades then that will barely cover upgrading the pressbox, seats, scoreboard, etc.  It would probably take an additional $10 million to horseshoe the stadium.

I'm concerned the $5 million or so they have planned for the field house isn't enough.  Didn't McNeese just spend around $9 million on their field house?  Hopefully the announced figures of what they plan to spend isn't the total they plan to spend.

Guest abovetherim

I'm very interested myself.

Yeah, but is Lamar interested in you?

Ha-Ha, looks like weslinder is in a joking mood today. Pretty funny, taking part of my statement is a common practice for some. So, the joke isn't on me let me clarify. "I'm very interested myself" in who has applied so far for the Head Coaching job at Lamar University.

Wes, have you heard anything?

We probably won't know the coach for a while, so I am more interested in the stadium plans. Anything less than a horseshoe will leave me disappointed.

I think you'll be disappointed UNLV but I hope I'm wrong.  If they only have $6.5 million planned for stadium upgrades then that will barely cover upgrading the pressbox, seats, scoreboard, etc.  It would probably take an additional $10 million to horseshoe the stadium.

I'm concerned the $5 million or so they have planned for the field house isn't enough.  Didn't McNeese just spend around $9 million on their field house?  Hopefully the announced figures of what they plan to spend isn't the total they plan to spend.

I heard Lamar has raised a whole lot more than you mentioned. A whole lot more. 

Guest roberthollister

Granted, UH's Robertson Stadium has nothing to do with Lamar.  But if Lamar is talking about moving up to FBS, then we probably won't see any additional seating capacity until 2013 or so.  Who knows.  Best case scenario is to raise so much money from private donations that we get a new stadium built - right next to Ford Park.......lol!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo