WILL THEY RELEASE THE LIST OF APPLICANTS FOR FOOTBALL JOB?

Guest Ozen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abovetherim

I'm sure they will in due time. That brings up a good topic. You guys throw out the names of coaches you think would be ideal for the Lamar Head Coaching job. See if one of you guys nails it!

Guest abovetherim

I'm sure they will in due time. That brings up a good topic. You guys throw out the names of coaches you think would be ideal for the Lamar Head Coaching job. See if one of you guys nails it!

Ray Alborn

Well, thanks for throwing a name out.

Guest roberthollister

Craig Stump.  That's my pick because he coached at the college level before.  Ideally an R.C. Slocum or Barry Switzer would work.  But that's just every once in a blue moon that someone would pretty much volunteer.  You'd have to be pretty bored, but who knows.  Look at Jerry Glanville at Portland State.  Wasn't Dan Reeves going to start Georgia St.'s football program?  And, of course, Howard Schnellenberger at Florida Atlantic (or International...something); these are all prime examples of retired coaches wanting something to do.

Guest abovetherim

roberthollister, if you saw what I did today you would be all smiles regarding the state of our football program. I wouldn't be surprised about any name interested in the position. Really, I can't say anymore at this time.

Except this has been me all day.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

roberthollister, if you saw what I did today you would be all smiles regarding the state of our football program. I wouldn't be surprised about any name interested in the position. Really, I can't say anymore at this time.

Can you say how long they are going to make us suffer?  I thought torture was illegal.

Guest abovetherim

Honestly, no I can't because it is not in my hands. I promised not to make this public knowledge and I plan to keep my word. Hope you and others understand my position here. It will be worth the wait I will tell you that.

Honestly, no I can't because it is not in my hands. I promised not to make this public knowledge and I plan to keep my word. Hope you and others understand my position here. It will be worth the wait I will tell you that.

We understand. We don't want to screwup something good.

I lied...tell us tell us tell us...Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh....

They've re-posted the Head Football Coach job -- until filled?  What does that mean?  Are they not getting who they hoped to?

Don't over react...

As noted before on this board, "All posted classified positions must be advertised a minimum of five (5) working days before a job offer can be made. All professional, non-classified and faculty positions shall be open for a minimum of ten (10) days."

This position is posted and after the time frame in which they are required to keep the position open for, they put until filled...which is just the usual way things work.

Guest abovetherim

Please, after 20 years of praying for football to return don't let it be Fran. I wouldn't cheer for the Aggies with him there but I'd have to cheer for Lamar. God, that would stink! Of course, BT knows Coach Fran pretty well since they both coached at TCU about the same time.  :'(

They've re-posted the Head Football Coach job -- until filled?  What does that mean?  Are they not getting who they hoped to?

Don't over react...

As noted before on this board, "All posted classified positions must be advertised a minimum of five (5) working days before a job offer can be made. All professional, non-classified and faculty positions shall be open for a minimum of ten (10) days."

This position is posted and after the time frame in which they are required to keep the position open for, they put until filled...which is just the usual way things work.

The reality of this is that a new packet of potentials were picked up today for additional  ;)review.

I heard Coach Tubbs will make a hire as early as next week and no later than May 1st. He must have somebody in mind.

I heard he talked to Barry Switzer and he says he's too old. R.C. is supposedly going to be A&M's athletic director next year... i also hear the facilities should be 1st class.

And FBS.... hopefully 5 years with a good program.

I heard Coach Tubbs will make a hire as early as next week and no later than May 1st. He must have somebody in mind.

I heard he talked to Barry Switzer and he says he's too old. R.C. is supposedly going to be A&M's athletic director next year... i also hear the facilities should be 1st class.

He may already have his pick. I suspect the first bach of applicants didn't meet some sort of guideline thats monitored by HR.

A&M's new athletic director? Where's Bill Byrne going off to? Has he already announced he is leaving? I'm a big Bill Byrne fan -- particularly his "Wednesday Weekly"...

70 is not too old. How old was Reagan?  We are talking a 5 year job at the most.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo