This is a high school stadium

UNLV

Guest coachacola

I doubt they'll do a horseshoe, at least not now.  They'll probably wait a few years and see if there's a need for more seating.  Looking around at the SLC,  Texas State has a big end zone complex, as does SHSU, and isn't McNeese building a nice end zone complex too?  If Lamar builds one too then no horseshoe.  But they can still put some seats in the end zones which would give the stadium over 20K seats.  Then maybe 5 years from now when LU goes FBS they'll add an upper deck to both sides and increase capacity to 35K plus seats which should be plenty.

Yeah, I doubt the horseshoe too but that doesn't mean its not best. The first year of football will have a very high demand.

17,500 seat will not be enough. Fans wanting to go but can't will get ticked off and give up. Too attract fans, you must give them

something to say wow. The stadium must give a big time football feel. Painting the stadium, re-building the fieldhouse, turf, and maybe

some suites for the rich only crowd at a 1962 stadium is not enough.

DP, I knew you would be. Wait til you see the new football complex. It is unbelievable! I can't wait until you all see what I had the opportunity to see. I'll put it this way, the only thing that rocked my world more was seeing my wife for the first time. BTW, I have to say that as she reads this stuff from time to time.  ;D

Don't want to be sleeping on the couch.  8)

Rim, you really have me pumped now.

Why does a 11,000 seat stadium need an upper deck?  It's a nice HS football stadium but smaller than most stadiums in the SLC. 

Their basketball arena is actually quite nice and fairly large at 8200 seats.  Maybe the SLC should hold their basketball tourney there instead of the Merrill Center.

That's right around where I live...

It is incredible inside and out.

I think the SLC tried to have it there, but the place was booked.

SLC needs to have the tourney games at the home site of the highest seeded team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo