2008 - How will your team look? Players to watch? Returning Players?

Guest Pirate V Ball

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the man will be Charlie Thomas at RB.  He had 5.35 yards per carry with 4 TD's with limited touches.  QB should be backup from last year Mike Rickards.  Coach might decide to go with the JV QB, which I've heard is a beast.  Victor Spikes will be our senior reciever who us Jag fans are expecting big things from.  On defense, David Mayfield should be a man at LB and Phillip Jefferson should make a lot of big plays for us in the secondary. 

Jasper will make a run at it all. I am extremely impressed by how hard the kids are working this offseason and its clear where they're headed under Coach Brook's leadership. This is a very talented group and their putting the pieces into place to make run. Watch out for the DAWGS!!!!

Guest tigersvoice

For the Silsbee Tigers it will be a questionable at the start of the season.  Tigers lost a TON of linemen on both sides of the ball.  Our offensive backfield will be good - we are returning Jeremy Johnson at QB, and Castle and Barnes as the running backs.  But as mentioned, we graduated a lot of linemen, and we will have to see how good the replacements are.  On defense, the Tigers have some "hosses" returning but graduates most of it's secondary.  Thank the UIL for a longer than usual preseason.  Maybe we'll be set by our district opener against WO-S.  Yeah, right!

Well, the man will be Charlie Thomas at RB.  He had 5.35 yards per carry with 4 TD's with limited touches.  QB should be backup from last year Mike Rickards.  Coach might decide to go with the JV QB, which I've heard is a beast.  Victor Spikes will be our senior reciever who us Jag fans are expecting big things from.  On defense, David Mayfield should be a man at LB and Phillip Jefferson should make a lot of big plays for us in the secondary. 

Did he get a concussion playin vidor?

One of my classmates is coaching at Jasper and he told me that this group at jasper high school is showing so much heart and the want to get better.He say's it reminds him of when we played in 94-95 just that get down and dirty work hard felling and this is just the offseason.I belive jasper will be very very strond this year.GO BULLDOGS

now thats where ur wrong soulja ive heard through coach rison that central might be running the airforce option nxt yr.........he tol me it was something him and stowers were talking about doin since they were in college but rison said he never had the players to do it...........but stowers thinks this year he might have the players to do it heres how he's thinking about doin it:

Victor at QB

chalie at TB

mayfield at FB

and JT in the backfield or that nigel kid

now imagine if central ran this offense they would probably be unstoppable because that option stuff is very hard to defend

Oh lawd.  here we go with another experimental offense.  You  see what happened to the West Virginia offense we tried to run.  If you are right, I sure hopes it work.

Oh, stop your stinking whining Soulja...if we had a better production out of our QB last season and if Frog lived up to the hype of his magazine cover, the Jags would have been alright!  News Flash...Charlie will probably be strictly defense with some of the other horses in the stable taking over the workload!  This dude is a big time recruit who my brotha, (who still plays for  the Jags) says he's playing Safety!  Let's see ya come across the middle now....Labove will hit you and Charlie will destroy you! MMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN! 

2008 - How will your team look? Players to watch? Returning Players?

Some players in 2A to watch this year are Senior John Stelly RB/LB at Hardin along with Junior Mitch Villemez RB/LB and Sph Hunter Davis along with the Dickey kid at QB great players that will require alot of attention.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43