*BC vs. HJ/5-0 BC Wins/Comments*

Guest Orangeboy

Well pitched game by both Hicks and Rogers. HJ defense was what really killed them along with reall not threatening Hicks with their bats. Now on to Tuesday and another big battle with Silsbee.

Guest Orangeboy

I was very impressed with the Roebuck kid, yall have a good one in him HJ, enjoy him while you got'em. He can play with the best of em.

it was a great game if HJ could have fielded the balls that they normally do this could be a totally different story but i have to give it to BC they took advantage when they had the chance and beat us fair and square

I agree that errors can kill you, especially against a team like BC, but you have to remember that HJ didn't do its job at the plate either, so errors do not appear to be the only thing that hurt them.

You know, Looking at the big picture, this 21-3A is very superior to other 3A Districts across the state.

Most of the teams represented would win Districts all over the state of Texas.

We are fortunate to be able to go and see premium HS games all through the season.

You know, Looking at the big picture, this 21-3A is very superior to other 3A Districts across the state.

Most of the teams represented would win Districts all over the state of Texas.

We are fortunate to be able to go and see premium HS games all through the season.

true...it's kinda sad that there will probly be 3 "premium" teams sitting at home come playoff time. there are about 6 teams in this district that would dominate in the playoffs. the state champion is def. coming out of this district again-IMO.

I was very impressed with the Roebuck kid, yall have a good one in him HJ, enjoy him while you got'em. He can play with the best of em.

Yes I was very impressed with the Roebuck kids great curve ball....

what is that supposed to mean?

Guest BC boy 17

I think they were complementing Roebuck on his good game Friday??  : 8)

Roebuck is a great player and a force either offense or defense. For the game against BC it was Rogers pitching, Roebuck played center and lead off batter.

Cards Fan

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43

• Well I thought it would be a better matchup for us more so than us versus yall and we got whooped 🤷🏾‍♂️ we'll see, long time before Ball High meets Lufkin though. 
    • Very critical win for Crosby last night. At no point has the current regime given me any reason to think Crosby should be able to pencil in wins but for the sake of discussion I will for FB Kempner who we play two weeks from now and also Porter who we play a couple of weeks after that. That means if Crosby can beat Kingwood Park next week we’ll most likely finish district play 5-2 and in at least 3rd place.    That being, the team could be a lot better if we had a competent offensive coach. Crosby’s offensive philosophy is to give it to Yarbrough and hope he breaks it which is why we lose to team with above average defensive talent. Crosby’s TE Landen Hammer is 6’2” and about 210lbs with crazy ball skills, an absolute mismatch problem and got one target last night. Friendswood realized Crosby had some playmakers on the edges and lots of times gave the receivers a 10 yard cushion. The problem is that Willis doesn’t know that so not once did we just raise up, throw it out to the receiver and give them an opportunity to be an athlete and make a play. So now that we’ve averaged 8 completions per game through our first four contest because 50% of the time Willis chooses to swap out 50% of the offense we look like we “don’t have the receiving talent that we used to.” Yarbrough probably had close to 300 rushing yards last night but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had 35 carries. I like our backup RB but there are several kids who could help Crosby more at that position and Willis chooses not to play them there and feed Yarbrough to the point he couldn’t even finish the game last night. He continues to display an inability to efficiently use his personnel which is why we get blow out by any team with at least equal talent. Maybe something changes but Willis being 6-19 his last two and a half years on the sideline and his inability to shake the Cedar Park model don’t give much hope, which is unfortunate for the kids. 
    • Big girl is trying to make Oprah sound like Bam Morris, who was busted with 220# of weed in the trunk of his car. When the cops opened the truck and found the weed, Bam said,”That’s not mine”. Give me a break.
    • Aggies with the “brunch” game today. I think Missouri will be a tough matchup. Playing at Kyle may have an effect.
    • I’m sure Oprah did, she was very good friends with some of the creepiest people on the planet.
  • Topics