Houston Franchize 97 Gamble All Stars 94 Final!!!!!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U have 2 b 6'10 to play? Plus they were lean

Yeah they were lean but they still owned the glass...  Gamble could not rebound with them.  They had put back after putback...  The team that makes the most easy shots and second hand shots usually wins the game... And that is what happenned.  On the defensive end there was a lot of traffic on the inside and the Gamble team took alot of outside shots...  They were lucky that they were falling and it kept them in the game.  Easy shots were hard to come by...

I would like to have seen Gamble beat Franchize and they had their chance. They were in this game to the very end. If I remember correctly, the Gamble team squandered their last three possesions on a charge, missed free throws (2) and a turnover in the lane.

Short just a question Didn't you say Highschool ball is all about gaurd play? Am I in RogerClemens words misrembering ? ;) ???

That is a very true statement...  That is why the Gamble team stayed in it and had a chance to win... They had better guards!!!  In the end the size prevailed because of second chance shots and rebounding!!!!  If the game was played NBA style then it would have been a blow-out for the Franchize team...  No high school teams boast a roster of three 6'10" players with one playing the wing.  This was a put together team with kids from different schools.  They put the best bigmen on the same team.  But none of these big men won State.  The teams that came out of region 3, which is the region all these players were in, were  guard oriented teams.  Sislbee, Wheatly, and Dulles...  My point made... High school Bball is a Guards Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short just a question Didn't you say Highschool ball is all about gaurd play? Am I in RogerClemens words misrembering ? ;) ???

That is a very true statement...  That is why the Gamble team stayed in it and had a chance to win... They had better guards!!!  In the end the size prevailed because of second chance shots and rebounding!!!!  If the game was played NBA style then it would have been a blow-out for the Franchize team...  No high school teams boast a roster of three 6'10" players with one playing the wing.  This was a put together team with kids from different schools.  They put the best bigmen on the same team.  But none of these big men won State.  The teams that came out of region 3, which is the region all these players were in, were  guard oriented teams.  Sislbee, Wheatly, and Dulles...  My point made... High school Bball is a Guards Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guards rule baby! We make the All-Americans. I use to tell my All-Americans (hs & college) they never would have made it unless I passed them the ball, because nobody else passed it. Guards rule baby!

Guest DickVitale

Guards rule baby! We make the All-Americans. I use to tell my All-Americans (hs & college) they never would have made it unless I passed them the ball, because nobody else passed it. Guards rule baby!

DOVE...There were no ALL AMERICANS out of Kashmere!! In 74-75 they had Karl Godine who was a GUARD! The next best was big man, Reggie Slater and he came through in the late 80's...What are YOU talking about, bro!! :D...You know me...I wasn't passing to ANYONE, let you tell it...KOBE BEFORE he was Kobe!! ;D

DOVE...There were no ALL AMERICANS out of Kashmere!! In 74-75 they had Karl Godine who was a GUARD! The next best was big man, Reggie Slater and he came through in the late 80's...What are YOU talking about, bro!! :D...You know me...I wasn't passing to ANYONE, let you tell it...KOBE BEFORE he was Kobe!! ;D

Hhahahah! Don't tase me bro! Now you know I played for your dad but I never told you  WHAT SCHOOL!!!!!!

And yep  Godine was the man back then. I think he went to Texas A&M to play.

Guest DickVitale

Oh I thought you went to Kashmere....If you are OLDER than dirt, you played for him at Davis in the 60's or 70's...If you were a real ball player you played for him at Madison in the 80's or 90's  ;D...Dad left to go to Kashmere in 96...at Coach Brazos' beckoning (I STILL didn't understand that one) You cant be THAT young...You are probably in the "older than dirt" crew!! ;D ;D

What point  ???ha ha if Brown would hve played I would still be hearing about gaurdplay wasn't Gamble allstars taken from different schools ? 3 yrs ago Ozen 6'9 250 ,Randle 6'8 280 ,Boutte 6'5 ,Eric 6'7 ,Joseph 6'5 and richards 6'3. from Bmt it could happen came pretty close

Oh I thought you went to Kashmere....If you are OLDER than dirt, you played for him at Davis in the 60's or 70's...If you were a real ball player you played for him at Madison in the 80's or 90's  ;D...Dad left to go to Kashmere in 96...at Coach Brazos' beckoning (I STILL didn't understand that one) You cant be THAT young...You are probably in the "older than dirt" crew!! ;D ;D

Heres a hint. I played AGAINST Godine & he went to Texas A&M back in the day. So that puts me in the older than dirt crew ;)

What point  ???ha ha if Brown would hve played I would still be hearing about gaurdplay wasn't Gamble allstars taken from different schools ? 3 yrs ago Ozen 6'9 250 ,Randle 6'8 280 ,Boutte 6'5 ,Eric 6'7 ,Joseph 6'5 and richards 6'3. from Bmt it could happen came pretty close

Yes but the area had no bigs this year...  Like I said the Gamble team stayed in  the game on guard play!!!! 

Ok the whole team for Gamble were guards exception of Jefferson and Malbrough . Bmt small city so what I'm saying it's a possibility of happening since u  said it couldn't or wouldn't happen on school squad .

Name one Highschool squad that you have seen with three very good 6'10" players?  It doesnt happen!!!!!  Oakhill recruits and I have not seen a team of theres with three 6'10" players starting that were very good!  The closest they had was Carmelo's year.  6'8" Melo with two bigs that stood in the 6'9 to 6'10" range...  That team went undefeated...  But then again, that is not a normal Highschool line-up!

Guest DickVitale

You need solid post play to win in HS basketball...You need great guard play to win championships in HS AND college basketball....Guard play can make you or break you, especially in the playoffs.

You need solid post play to win in HS basketball...You need great guard play to win championships in HS AND college basketball....Guard play can make you or break you, especially in the playoffs.

Being associated with Ozen, I would definitely call you a guru on this subject. Because we all know playoffs is where it counts with good guards ;D

Short, I'll take the 'BIGS'.  You can have the little guys running around.  You teach your guards to shoot the 3, and I'll teach my bigs the right and left jumphook.  I bet my team wins.  On any level.

Take that Soulja!!!

whack.gif

Give me one slooth footed, clumbsy post man about 6'10" to stand with your three six foot tens and four good hustling guards ranging from 6' to 6'4" and I will beat you and beat you good!

Short, I'll take the 'BIGS'.  You can have the little guys running around.  You teach your guards to shoot the 3, and I'll teach my bigs the right and left jumphook.  I bet my team wins.  On any level.

Take that Soulja!!!

whack.gif

Give me one slooth footed, clumbsy post man about 6'10" to stand with your three six foot tens and four good hustling guards ranging from 6' to 6'4" and I will beat you and beat you good!

And I'll take my four quick race horses and beat your clumsy men down the floor AND wear them down in the process. Now if we played half court, thats a different story.

Take that Soulja!!!

whack.gif

And I'll take my four quick race horses and beat your clumsy men down the floor AND wear them down in the process. Now if we played half court, thats a different story.

You missed the boat Dove... Pleae read my thread again... I am going with the guards... Brain you are right in your eyes and I am right in mine... Nuff said!

? What wears more in a game speed or size ? We all ran in practice but size eventually will wear speed down getting bumped

name the top 10 people in the NBA and tell many how many are bigs and how many are guards.  Name me one Championship team on any leve (high school through the pros) that has one a championship without great guards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closest one is the Robinson/Duncan Spurs or maybe Chamberlan of the 70s!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43