Former coach Kennan among 11 applicants to be LU football coach

Guest abovetherim

What I've read is that a school must play two years of FCS football before they can announce their intentions to move up to FBS.  Once they do that there's a two year transitional period before they're a full blown FBS school.  Lamar could announce their intentions to go FBS in 2012, but won't unless they have an invite to a FBS conference already lined up.  2014 is the earliest Lamar could be eligible to play in a bowl game, which is 6 years from now.

Is that not what I said, 3rd year follows 1st year and 2nd year. Maybe someone needs to explain that to terror.

Any news on UTSA coaching search?

Actually UNLV, Terror is right on this one. You say we could be FBS in year 3, that is wrong. Our first year will be 2010 right? 2nd year 2011, third 2012. We aren't eligible for FBS till 2014, like coachacola said.

I believe your fondness for big dreams clouds your logic. Let's keep it real, let's get the football program back first before we declare then national title contenders. ;D

The moratorium ends in 2011, Lamar could join FBS in 2012. Count, 1st year 2010, 2nd year 2011, 3rd year 2012... Its the same freakin schedule UTSA layed out as its plan. Is UTSA wrong too?  I think your fondness to prove me wrong clouds your math skills.

Guest abovetherim

Well, I will say if Lamar spends the money for Coach Fran and the coaches he would bring in, it would be pretty obvious the intentions of the administration. Now, I'm not familiar with the moratorium but I don't appear to be alone here.

Texas Terror said as much on a few other forums......

I'm beginning to think those two like to throw punches at each other.  ;D

The moratorium ends in 2011, Lamar could join FBS in 2012. Count, 1st year 2010, 2nd year 2011, 3rd year 2012... Its the same freakin schedule UTSA layed out as its plan. Is UTSA wrong too?  I think your fondness to prove me wrong clouds your math skills.

Incorrect...on UTSA web site, they quote FIU and even call it an "expedited" timeline, so this is as fast as it goes...

2002-03 First Division I-AA football game/I-AA Independent (Year One)

2003-04        Division I-AA schedule/I-AA Independent (Year Two)

June 2004    Applied for multidivisional membership for I-A

2004-05      Division I-AA Schedule/Some Sun Belt/ReClassification Year I (Year Three)

2005-06      Division I-A Schedule/Full Sun Belt Schedule/ReClassification Year II (Year Four)

2006-07    Division I-A schedule/Play full Sun Belt schedule/Active Division I-A  member (bowl eligible) Sun Belt Conference member

So, in year three of football, you'd be playing an FCS schedule with a few FBS games as you begin your transition. You would not play a full FBS schedule til year four and not even be an active FBS member til year five.

This is the hidden content, please

ABR3...UNLV just needs to come back to the real world. He loves Lamar, but he needs to sit down and read up on NCAA football. He's obviously not that well-versed in the FCS level, the moratorium, how the transition works or even on the SLC by-laws (please Lamar, announce FBS in May, if not sooner!)...

Guest abovetherim

You and I know that will not happen because then Lamar would have to play a few years as a FCS independent. The SLC would not allow them membership as a football member to just leap to FBS within a few years.

Our administration now is smarter than past ones at Lamar.  8)

You and I know that will not happen because then Lamar would have to play a few years as a FCS independent. The SLC would not allow them membership as a football member to just leap to FBS within a few years.

Lamar is already going to have one, if not two years as an FCS Independent. Unfortunately, Texas State - San Marcos, who already announced a move to FBS (Teis and Trauth did this "holding hands together" shtick) has not been removed from the conference following this year. Hopefully they announce it soon and follow their by-laws.

I'd love if Texas State - San Marcos got the boot, because they'd be hard-pressed as an Independent...it definitely would not help them find another conference. ;)

Lamar is already going to have one, if not two years as an FCS Independent. Unfortunately, Texas State - San Marcos, who already announced a move to FBS (Teis and Trauth did this "holding hands together" shtick) has not been removed from the conference following this year. Hopefully they announce it soon and follow their by-laws.

I'd love if Texas State - San Marcos got the boot, because they'd be hard-pressed as an Independent...it definitely would not help them find another conference. ;)

Oh please, you and katfans are extremely jeolous of TSU. You hate fact they are leaving SHSU behind. Despite your LAMAR must follow this school action and Lamar must follow that school actions, I feel comfortable in saying Lamar will also leave SHSU behind. Now maybe you be asking yourself who will replace UTSA, TSU, and Lamar.How about Tarleton st and West Texas AM.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92