rumor mill---Indiana coaching job

They talked to Washington State coach Tony Bennett today, according to ESPN, and he isn't interested in the job. I don't think he'll stay here in the Northwest forever, but that's good news for Cougar fans.

Here's who I think they should go after:

1- Brad Stevens (Butler)

2- Anthony Grant (VCU)

3- Sean Miller (Xavier)

4- Steve Alford (New Mexico, IU alum)

They need someone who can run a clean program and win like Coach Knight did, but without the bristly personality. I like Stevens because he's very young and could be there forever if he could win there.

I never thought Crean would leave Marquette to take the Indiana job with the Hoosiers likely going on probation, but he's a good fit for them. He'll clean the program up and they'll be at or near the top of the Big 10 very soon.

Tony Bennett turned IU down, but I doubt he'll turn down Marquette if they go after him. He's a Wisconsin native and although he'd probably prefer to coach the Badgers, Marquette's a very nice alternative. He seems to be pretty loyal to Washington State and for good reason, but a chance to go home might be too good to pass up...

I never thought Crean would leave Marquette to take the Indiana job with the Hoosiers likely going on probation, but he's a good fit for them. He'll clean the program up and they'll be at or near the top of the Big 10 very soon.

Tony Bennett turned IU down, but I doubt he'll turn down Marquette if they go after him. He's a Wisconsin native and although he'd probably prefer to coach the Badgers, Marquette's a very nice alternative. He seems to be pretty loyal to Washington State and for good reason, but a chance to go home might be too good to pass up...

Crean surprised me also....... :o

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92