SLC kicking out Texas st.

Terror and the katfan crew is calling for the SLC to give Texas st the boot.

See...

This is the hidden content, please

I say Lamar and UTSA join Texas st. 2010, all 3 can play Independent football before going FBS.

Thats 2 games right there. Other games could be with South Alabama, Wichita st, and other start-ups and move up teams.

Going to play as an independent in everything else? When I say that we need to kick out Texas State - San Marcos for announcing their plans to move to FBS, that is for every sport...

Not sure you guys would like being an independent without a home. It'd hurt your chances of making post-season events across the board and would hurt recruiting, but hey, you never have the best interests of Lamar at heart.

UNLV -- you going to help recruit Billy Tubbs to the "Boot San Marcos" movement? Would be nice to have his support, as that'd be like receiving support from the conference itself...

TIME TO BOOT THE BOBCATS!

Going to play as an independent in everything else? When I say that we need to kick out Texas State - San Marcos for announcing their plans to move to FBS, that is for every sport...

Not sure you guys would like being an independent without a home. It'd hurt your chances of making post-season events across the board and would hurt recruiting, but hey, you never have the best interests of Lamar at heart.

UNLV -- you going to help recruit Billy Tubbs to the "Boot San Marcos" movement? Would be nice to have his support, as that'd be like receiving support from the conference itself...

TIME TO BOOT THE BOBCATS!

SHSU will never make it back to the NCAA while Lamar is in the SLC. You should be hoping we leave too. Each year Lamar gets stronger

and stronger. Your beloved SLC cup is already ours. However this is what I don't understand, why are you and the katfans giving UTSA the free ride?

UTSA has said they will play FBS too. UTSA is also rumored as a member of the future Southwest Conference. Why the outrage at TSU and not UTSA?

Guest abovetherim

God, I'm glad you posted that UNLV. I was going to hate disagreeing with you. Why don't SHSU and it's fan's worry about SHSU and not every other school in the SLC.

Just due to this sort of BS, I hope Texas State wins the SLC in football next season! I promise you will not hear a Lamar fan bitter about a school wanting to move out of the SLC. If you do, I'll be very surprised.

Guest coachacola

What gets me is that they talk about these DII schools (Tarlenton State, Central Oklahoma, etc.) that would be great additions to the SLC.  You know you're at the bottom of the DI conferences when DII schools are mentioned as great additions to your conference.  When Lamar left the SLC in the mid-80's who did the SLC bring in?  DII schools Texas State, SHSU, etc., and they'll do it again.

Billy Tubbs knows this and I believe his mission won't be complete until he gets Lamar into a FBS conference.  But Lamar's not going to go independent, that would kill basketball and the other sports, like it did in the 80's.  He'll have a conference invite lined up before he announces Lamar's intention to leave the SLC.

Texas State won't get kicked out of the SLC, no matter how much hot air they blow out from katfans.com.  If they kick out Texas State then they'll also have to kick out UTSA because they also announced their intentions to play FBS football.

God, I'm glad you posted that UNLV. I was going to hate disagreeing with you. Why don't SHSU and it's fan's worry about SHSU and not every other school in the SLC.

Just due to this sort of BS, I hope Texas State wins the SLC in football next season! I promise you will not hear a Lamar fan bitter about a school wanting to move out of the SLC. If you do, I'll be very surprised.

When Lamar starts football, conference alignment will be in full swing. This is why Texas st and UTSA can thumb its nose at the SLC. I only want Lamar to thumb too...

What gets me is that they talk about these DII schools (Tarlenton State, Central Oklahoma, etc.) that would be great additions to the SLC.  You know you're at the bottom of the DI conferences when DII schools are mentioned as great additions to your conference.  When Lamar left the SLC in the mid-80's who did the SLC bring in?  DII schools Texas State, SHSU, etc., and they'll do it again.

Billy Tubbs knows this and I believe his mission won't be complete until he gets Lamar into a FBS conference.  But Lamar's not going to go independent, that would kill basketball and the other sports, like it did in the 80's.  He'll have a conference invite lined up before he announces Lamar's intention to leave the SLC.

Texas State won't get kicked out of the SLC, no matter how much hot air they blow out from katfans.com.  If they kick out Texas State then they'll also have to kick out UTSA because they also announced their intentions to play FBS football.

Don't let Terror trick you, Lamar does not need to go independent in other sports to go FBS. Terror is afraid Lamar, Texas st, and UTSA will up SHSU.

What other reason would angier him so much. Would you and I be full of rage if SHSU moves up?  no, we would say good luck. Represent Texas well in FBS.

However this is what I don't understand, why are you and the katfans giving UTSA the free ride?

UTSA is not a member of the conference in football. They have yet to do anything as far as announcing football is a go and have yet to make as bold a statement as Texas State-San Marcos has as it relates to their football program -- namely due to a lack of a program at present time.

ABR3, several things...

1) Texas State - San Marcos will not win the SLC next season. In their 20+ years in the conference, they have one title, one they won in large part due to recruits brought in by the biggest rule violator the SLC has seen in the 21st century -- Manny Mataskis -- including one, Barrick Nealy, who was brought in illegally.

2) SHSU fans want Texas State - San Marcos out of the conference because of the rules laid out by the SLC by-laws. It is our feeling that certain individuals in the conference refuse to acknowledge the by-laws. The by-laws were set in place for the good of the conference, just like all other by-laws. These by-laws, if you read them, dictate how things work in the conference and while I disagree with some things (i.e I want the limit of sub-Div I basketball games reduced to four and football games reduced to one), they are the rules and we must abide by them.

The conference must acknowledge that Texas State - San Marcos has announced a move to FBS and in doing so, they have activated a condition of the by-laws. The conference needs to announce now that they plan to cut ties with Texas State-San Marcos at the end of the second academic year and also make it clear what privileges will not be allowed by Texas State - San Marcos as those two years go by. This is pretty similar protocol to that of other conferences.

While I'd like for Texas State - San Marcos to have a rough road to FBS (considering they did "flourish" at this level -- ha!), I do understand they are granted their two years. To me, the conference has not officially acknowledged that Texas State - San Marcos has announced a move up, but they have on numerous occasions. The conference refuses to talk about it and needs to be pressed on the issue.

It's unfortunate that the SLC will not act because unless Billy Tubbs doesn't like it (and since Lamar doesn't have football yet, he could care less), nothing is going to happen...and that quite frankly, is the view of many around the conference, whether they will say so or not...

Incorrect. Those schools were members of the Gulf Star Conference, a Division I conference. Correct, the SLC did turn them down when they were Division II members trying to get in, but after a few schools left, they had to let those schools that they turned down, now Division I members, in...

That's what Texas State - San Marcos did wrong. They announced they were going to FBS through several different means (the job post, public announcements on campus, etc) and by doing so, announced their intentions to leave the Southland Conference. One can not be FBS and in the SLC. We are not doing La-Monroe again in the conference. In announcing their intentions to leave the conference, read the by-laws. It clearly states what happens from here...

And you are right, Texas State - San Marcos will not get kicked out because as noted on my previous post..."It's unfortunate that the SLC will not act because unless Billy Tubbs doesn't like it (and since Lamar doesn't have football yet, he could care less), nothing is going to happen...and that quite frankly, is the view of many around the conference, whether they will say so or not..."

And UTSA has announced their plan to go to FBS in their feasibility plan, but until they have football, does it really matter? They have no set time frame to bring in football and it's not as pressing an issue as it is for Texas State - San Marcos, who already participates in the conference as an FCS member.

I'm not very good at explaining my views, so let me try another way. This is why I am so passionate about rushing

Lamar to FBS. I already told you about conference alignment, now or next time in 30 years.

Look at this stat...

Louisianna...pop. 4,500,000

Texas...pop. 23,000,000

Houston MSA. pop. 5,700,000

La. has 4 FBS public schools

Tx has 6 FBS public schools

Do the La to Tx ratio..

However this is what I don't understand, why are you and the katfans giving UTSA the free ride?

UTSA is not a member of the conference in football. They have yet to do anything as far as announcing football is a go and have yet to make as bold a statement as Texas State-San Marcos has as it relates to their football program -- namely due to a lack of a program at present time.

ABR3, several things...

1) Texas State - San Marcos will not win the SLC next season. In their 20+ years in the conference, they have one title, one they won in large part due to recruits brought in by the biggest rule violator the SLC has seen in the 21st century -- Manny Mataskis -- including one, Barrick Nealy, who was brought in illegally.

2) SHSU fans want Texas State - San Marcos out of the conference because of the rules laid out by the SLC by-laws. It is our feeling that certain individuals in the conference refuse to acknowledge the by-laws. The by-laws were set in place for the good of the conference, just like all other by-laws. These by-laws, if you read them, dictate how things work in the conference and while I disagree with some things (i.e I want the limit of sub-Div I basketball games reduced to four and football games reduced to one), they are the rules and we must abide by them.

The conference must acknowledge that Texas State - San Marcos has announced a move to FBS and in doing so, they have activated a condition of the by-laws. The conference needs to announce now that they plan to cut ties with Texas State-San Marcos at the end of the second academic year and also make it clear what privileges will not be allowed by Texas State - San Marcos as those two years go by. This is pretty similar protocol to that of other conferences.

While I'd like for Texas State - San Marcos to have a rough road to FBS (considering they did "flourish" at this level -- ha!), I do understand they are granted their two years. To me, the conference has not officially acknowledged that Texas State - San Marcos has announced a move up, but they have on numerous occasions. The conference refuses to talk about it and needs to be pressed on the issue.

It's unfortunate that the SLC will not act because unless Billy Tubbs doesn't like it (and since Lamar doesn't have football yet, he could care less), nothing is going to happen...and that quite frankly, is the view of many around the conference, whether they will say so or not...

Why can't you and katfans want Lamar out too. C'mon Terror, want us out too. Please. I would support you as SLC commisioner if you

want us out too.

I'm not very good at explaining my views

If that's the case, what are you good at, outside of getting under my skin? 

Look at this stat...

Texas...pop. 23,000,000

Do the La to Tx ratio..

Not sure what this ratio has to do with anything...

Did you know that schools with larger enrollments than yours have Div II football and Div III football?

Did you know that schools in larger MSAs than the Golden Triangle have Div II and Div III football?

We can all pull stats out of our backside that do not mean much...

Why can't you and katfans want Lamar out too. C'mon Terror, want us out too. Please. I would support you as SLC commisioner if you want us out too.

Will give your program credit...

For as much as you guys talk about Lamar being this great basketball power, you have one NCAA tournament appearance in the last however many years to claim for it -- and that was one of those years you were a very bad seed...

And for as much as Texas State - San Marcos has the $$$ and all the talented recruits that picked them over FBS schools and plenty more (picking themselves to win the SLC each and every year), they have one SLC title and it was a co-championship with players recruited by a known NCAA rule violator...

Very similar...but then again, football-wise. Lamar does not have a team on the field just yet and until they do, there's no telling whether they will be successful in the SLC . No telling if you will be closer to McNeese or closer to your TSUS sister school in San Marcos...

I'm not very good at explaining my views

If that's the case, what are you good at, outside of getting under my skin? 

Look at this stat...

Texas...pop. 23,000,000

Do the La to Tx ratio..

Not sure what this ratio has to do with anything...

Did you know that schools with larger enrollments than yours have Div II football and Div III football?

Did you know that schools in larger MSAs than the Golden Triangle have Div II and Div III football?

We can all pull stats out of our backside that do not mean much...

Did you know Monroe enrollment is 7,000 and they play FBS.

Guest abovetherim

ABR3, several things...

I knew Billy Tubbs was a powerful man in Beaumont, Texas but I didn't know he had the Commissioner by the nose. Like I stated before, I could care less about what Texas State-San Marcos does or doesn't do. I only care about what Lamar University does or doesn't do. I don't feel the need to go to other fan forums and tell them how they should think or how that should act.

Obviously, your boat sails in a different direction than mine.

Why can't you and katfans want Lamar out too. C'mon Terror, want us out too. Please. I would support you as SLC commisioner if you want us out too.

Will give your program credit...

For as much as you guys talk about Lamar being this great basketball power, you have one NCAA tournament appearance in the last however many years to claim for it -- and that was one of those years you were a very bad seed...

And for as much as Texas State - San Marcos has the $$$ and all the talented recruits that picked them over FBS schools and plenty more (picking themselves to win the SLC each and every year), they have one SLC title and it was a co-championship with players recruited by a known NCAA rule violator...

Very similar...but then again, football-wise. Lamar does not have a team on the field just yet and until they do, there's no telling whether they will be successful in the SLC . No telling if you will be closer to McNeese or closer to your TSUS sister school in San Marcos...

Does that mean you want Lamar out too?

Lamar does not have football nor a compelling argument to move to FBS at this point due to

a) current lack of football (with no telling how well they will do) -- schools like South Alabama have an advantage already having a seat at the table despite a lack of football, which just makes adding football easier...

B) can not say they have been consistent in men's basketball, which would obviously be a foot in the door to any FBS conference...

It's a different situation...

Lamar does not have football nor a compelling argument to move to FBS at this point due to

a) current lack of football (with no telling how well they will do) -- schools like South Alabama have an advantage already having a seat at the table despite a lack of football, which just makes adding football easier...

B) can not say they have been consistent in men's basketball, which would obviously be a foot in the door to any FBS conference...

Do you not want us out anyway, reguardless of football. All you will ever get is slc bashing from us. Replace us with a school

that appreciates the slc. What do you say.

Guest abovetherim

Texas Terror are you aware Lamar has beat the Kat's the last two times they played in men's basketball? Please, I know UNLV has you upset but you are looking foolish and I know you are a smart guy. Lamar's basketball history is superior to SHSU and anyone with any basketball knowledge will tell you the same. In the Kats only NCAA tournament appearance in the history of the school you got blown out by thirty. Lamar has more victories in the NCAA tournament than all the other SLC school combined. That is history, one and done isn't. Sorry.

Also, you do recall Lamar University was the co-champions during the regular season and fell to the same team that beat SHSU in the SLC tournament. So, you need to talk now because the door is closing on the Kats. Lamar will rule the SLC in men's and women's basketball for the next several years.

You better pray Lamar doesn't hire Coach Boutte!

ABR3,

Does not matter if Lamar has wins over SHSU the last two times out. This is about football, but as I noted elsewhere in this thread, you guys do not have a successful football program (yet) nor a consistent basketball team. No one is in the dark about your basketball history, but that is what it is, history -- most of it, before any of your traditional students were born. That can not be denied. Not saying SHSU is great by any stretch of the imagination. It's going to be tough to move into an FBS conference when you do not have "impressive" credentials in those two sports as those are the ones people care about -- and pending conference, baseball as well.

When it comes to FBS, Lamar does not matter much to me until they actually have a team on the gridiron that plays SLC football and in such case, it does not matter to the discussion at hand.

Can we get back to the topic at hand, Texas State-San Marcos, their announcement of FBS and why they are currently in position to be given the boot out of the SLC? Lamar has nothing to do with this. The only person remotely connected to Lamar that matters if Billy Tubbs because he has a say and a big one at that...

Anyone notice Terror wants it both ways. Lamar basketball is history, history is not important. Yet football, oh now we need

some history. Oh wait, Texas st football history is not good. It seem the importance of history changes with each view made by Terror.

Guest abovetherim

Texas Terror, okay let's keep it on football then. Matter of fact, I think the topic was about kicking Texas State-San Marcos out of the SLC. I didn't think it was about Lamar. Maybe I'm wrong? I'll go back and review all the prior post.

Thats where abtr3 got his idea about you suggesting our basketball program is "inconsistent", that is true, but right now, things are looking for our men's and women's programs for the next several years. The football coach hire will only be the biggest in school history and if we hire the right one, look out for LU.

SFA and SHSU united to bash Texas st. I'm sure UTSA is secretly cheering on Texas st. The slc is

becoming the Democratic party.

One correction Terror,  Denver is good as gone out the Sunbelt so there will be room for Texas st.

UALR is looking at other options, UNO may follow.

One correction Terror,  Denver is good as gone out the Sunbelt so there will be room for Texas st. UALR is looking at other options, UNO may follow.

If Denver leaves -- you have 12 teams, which is much more ideal than 13 they have now. DU has a few more years to meet the SBC requirements as far as SBC sports goes. We'll see what happens there as I'm not really sure. DU has strong skiing and hockey programs, which of course, neither is a SBC sport.

Doubt the SBC would let UNO go if they can meet the NCAA/SBC standards once their waiver due to Katrina is up. SBC worked to get that program back on it's two feet and the school is located in the same city as the Sun Belt offices and the Sun Belt's bowl tie-in (New Orleans Bowl), plus the institution can host championship events (just hosted the NCAA Regional for WBB this past weekend) which is something that the conference likes to do. UALR is in a great position due to nearby rival Arkansas State and already meeting the SBC requirement of 15 championship sports (which DU and UNO do not).

Only way that Texas State-San Marcos (and any other SLC school wanting to move out) goes to the Sun Belt is if C-USA comes calling  for those SBC schools...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92