Rice will hire....

Guest abovetherim

Wow! Now that is news there. Trent Johnson at Rice for $600,000 annually will definitely make that program a lot more competitive in C-USA.

You are the basketball guru. Beating the Chronicle for this news is amazing. Great job.

Guest abovetherim

To me, out of those three it's a no-brainer (Rice)  ;D. Trent Johnson is head and shoulders the best coach. I just am shocked he would leave Stanford. If they can't land Coach Johnson, the next choice would be Rick Byrd. He is a very good coach too.

Paying that kind of money, they are going to get a really good coach. $$$ talks.

Are you reading this DickVitale?  8)

Guest DickVitale

Oh yeah..I am ALL over it...Only ONE thing is wrong....I AM THE ONLY BASKETBALL GURU ON HERE, GOT IT!! ;D ;D ;D....Hoopinsider_Cooper can be the basketball REPORTING guru, But I am the HOOPS GURU, BRO!! :D :D :D....

Boutte to Lamar should look REAL attractive now....600K....See ya Ozen..Thats what I would be saying!! ;)

Guest abovetherim

Forgive me, I stand corrected you are the basketball guru.  ;D But, Mr. Cooper is darn good at what he does. I have to give him props there. The man knows HS basketball in SE Texas.

I got it straight now, you are the basketball guru and he is the basketball reporting guru. Good?  8)

Guest tigersvoice

Oh yeah..I am ALL over it...Only ONE thing is wrong....I AM THE ONLY BASKETBALL GURU ON HERE, GOT IT!! ;D ;D ;D....Hoopinsider_Cooper can be the basketball REPORTING guru, But I am the HOOPS GURU, BRO!! :D :D :D....

Boutte to Lamar should look REAL attractive now....600K....See ya Ozen..Thats what I would be saying!! ;)

DickieV:  I'm certain that you will let us know when YOU get the offer. ;D

Guest abovetherim

Well, I gotta give my bro KFDM his due, he has connections all over the area. I've never seen anyone report more scores in a shorter period of time than him. The cat works his tail off! Guess it runs in the family?  8)

Guest DickVitale

DickieV:  I'm certain that you will let us know when YOU get the offer. ;D

I will tell you THIS...If he (Boutte) goes ( head coach at the college level)....I GO.....SEE YA!!!! :D :D :D :D...Why do you think I am pushing for him to go to Lamar with Roc? ;D ;D ;D ;D

As Sammy the Owls turns...

From "Scoop" Berman...

HOUSTON -- College basketball sources have identified three more candidates involved in the search for a new basketball coach at Rice. They are Bob McKillop from Davidson, Craig Robinson from Brown, and former Cal coach Ben Braun.

Rice athletics director Chris Del Conte will neither confirm nor deny who the candidates are but he told FOX 26 Sports Thursday he is looking at a long list of coaches.

"I am casting a wide net," Del Conte said. "I can promise you this I have not offered the job to anybody during this process."

This is the hidden content, please

Guest abovetherim

Nope...Who's is he?

Hint, he is running for President of the United States of America. Another hint, it is not John McCain. DV, I know you got to be joking!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92