Lady Cards Tennis Falls to SELA 5-2

Guest abovetherim

SLU has a very strong women's program...the fact you guys have moved up as quickly as you have is astonishing. It'll be interesting to see how far along you move next year, if you can catch SLU.

With you guys getting as good as you are, I've even recommended to a Div. I tennis coach that they schedule you and I do not believe he has ever scheduled the Cards...

SLU has a very strong women's program...the fact you guys have moved up as quickly as you have is astonishing. It'll be interesting to see how far along you move next year, if you can catch SLU.

With you guys getting as good as you are, I've even recommended to a Div. I tennis coach that they schedule you and I do not believe he has ever scheduled the Cards...

Lamar should be every bit as good or even better next season. I am a very good friend of head coach David Wong. They only graduate one senior, albeit a very good one in Andrea Martinez. She is the best doubles player on the team and plays #1 singles, but is probably the 2nd best singles player. Freshman Mariayeni Gutierrez has been awesome this year. She plays #1 doubles and #2 singles and is going to be a great player. SLU has a good team. I was at the match yesterday. Most of their players are seniors from Eastern Europe... places such as Macedonia and Slovenia. They compete really hard and call lines extremely close(I am being politically correct). This match swung with the doubles point. #3 doubles went to a tie break with SLU winning a close one to get the doubles point and a 1-0 lead. Andrea cramped up in the third set at #1 singles with a 4-1 lead and ended up fighting thru the cramps but fell 7-6 in the 3rd. I really felt like LU was just as good as SLU. These are the two teams to beat at conference. Should be another great matchup.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43