Galena Park 8 Huffman 1 Final NM

Guest etbu

Kind of suprising to see Huffman get it put on them so bad. GP's pitcher seemed to be very dominating. Saw him pitch against BH the other night and he appears to be pretty impressive. After giving up a lead-off home run he settled in and really shut down Huffman's lineup (especially the 3-4-5 hitters). After GP's catcher gunned down the next Huffman runner by a good 20 ft, Huffman seemed to be at a stand still the rest of the night. Should be an interesting race down the stretch!!!

I agree "463 dp" ,it is very suprising to see huffman get beat that bad. I was also at the game and that vazquez kid throws hard. He sure did keep the whole Huffman line-up off balance. The only mistake he really did was hang a curve ball to the lead off batter. After that he was just dominating. Boy, that catcher did gun out that runner, bad. He should probably be a first team all district. Also I think their center fielder should be a first team all district, boy he's fast  I think he had three or four stolen bases. I had only seen that GP team play against one other team and that was crosby, and they also beat them, it looks to me that they are a pretty darn good ball club. Should be a good district race!

This district is not going to get much credit beyond BH, however don't be suprised if there are two or more teams left after the first round.  If all three teams from this district draw a 3 game series, look out.  Anything could happen then.

Does anybody know who won out of that galena park barbers hill match up when they played. I bet that was a good game especially if that kid vazquez and BH 's stud Ross Hales pitched against eachother!

BH won and I don't think Hales even pitched when the faced each other. Hey 89-2 tell us more. Huffman is still one game ahead of GP they should be fine just a bad game.

Does anybody know who won out of that galena park barbers hill match up when they played. I bet that was a good game especially if that kid vazquez and BH 's stud Ross Hales pitched against eachother!

BH won and I don't think Hales even pitched when the faced each other. Hey 89-2 tell us more. Huffman is still one game ahead of GP they should be fine just a bad game.

Hales did throw against Galena Park. Not a knock on the Galena Park ( Fransico Vaquez ?) pitcher. He is a solid pitcher and great kid who comes from a good family. Spoke with his dad at length after our game.....but BH has 4 pitchers that rate above him. Also, Huffman is one game ahead of New Caney and I believe 2 above GP.  BH (9-0) Huffman (7-2) New Caney (6-3) Galena Park (5-4). It should be an interesting race towards the finish. Good luck.

My opinion is the GT Area teams don't have the pitching depth to go 3 games.  They also have lost games they should have won or barely beat teams they should dominate.  Examples:

LCM was almost upset by Central 10-7

LCM blown-out by PNG 11-1

Vidor was dominated by LCM 13-1

PNG lost to Vidor 3-4

PNG only beat Ozen by 1 (3-2)

Lot of inconsistent results from these 3 teams.

Our district teams have beat the teams they should have and held their opponents somewhat close in the games they were underdogs.  Huffman has at least 2 quality pitchers and all other teams have at least one good pitcher.  BH has 4 pitchers.  All top 4 teams can score runs. 

With the lack of pitching depth, inconsistent performance, and a possible lack of offense all those teams, except maybe LCM will have a hard time winning in a 3 game series.  The ONLY reason I exclude LCM is because they have playoff experience and have hit the ball pretty good this year.  I know PNG has playoff experience, but one pitcher in a 3 game series with no offense is going to be tough. 

That's my reasoning.     

My opinion is the GT Area teams don't have the pitching depth to go 3 games.  They also have lost games they should have won or barely beat teams they should dominate.  Examples:

PNG lost to Vidor 3-4

Our district teams have beat the teams they should have and held their opponents somewhat close in the games they were underdogs.  Huffman has at least 2 quality pitchers and all other teams have at least one good pitcher.  BH has 4 pitchers.  All top 4 teams can score runs. 

With the lack of pitching depth, inconsistent performance, and a possible lack of offense all those teams, except maybe LCM will have a hard time winning in a 3 game series.  The ONLY reason I exclude LCM is because they have playoff experience and have hit the ball pretty good this year.  I know PNG has playoff experience, but one pitcher in a 3 game series with no offense is going to be tough. 

That's my reasoning.     

Good Lord....your are asking for trouble.  ;D ;D ;D It's already been mentioned on this forum that Nederland, Vidor, LCM, and PNG have the best pitching staffs in the area if not the state.  ;)

I know BH has hit the gold mine this year with it's 4 great arms......that's a rarity..If you didn't go 4 plus rounds I'll be surprised.....but...keep passin' the word around PNG only has one pitcher to your district...that's fine

Just keep thinking PNG only has one pitcher............it will work to PNG's benefit..JMO

I know BH has hit the gold mine this year with it's 4 great arms......that's a rarity..If you didn't go 4 plus rounds I'll be surprised.....but...keep passin' the word around PNG only has one pitcher to your district...that's fine

Just keep thinking PNG only has one pitcher............it will work to PNG's benefit..JMO

PNG and BH would be a great matchup. 

PNG vs. Huffman, PNG vs. New Caney, PNG vs. Galena Park, I'll say PNG easily. We know about Todd...BH89-2 is here to stir the pot up. Got to admit, he usually does a darn good job of it.  ;) And I tell you, if we do not start hitting the ball more consistently, 4 rounds deep ain't happening.

PNG vs. Huffman, PNG vs. New Caney, PNG vs. Galena Park, I'll say PNG easily. We know about Todd...BH89-2 is here to stir the pot up. Got to admit, he usually does a darn good job of it.  ;) And I tell you, if we do not start hitting the ball more consistently, 4 rounds deep ain't happening.

BH vs PNG either a 1 gamer or 3 gamer would be a toss up. Baseball is streaky, these 2 could be knocked out before a matchup. PNG had a big win over LCM, but the week before lost to Vidor and squeaked by Ozen.

ok a little while ago i spoke to a good friend of mine that said that Galena Park is tied for third with new caney. He also gave me these results: CE king 1 GP 14;GP 4 Huffman 5;Crosby 7 GP 11;GP 15 Forest Brook 0;GP 0 New Caney 2;GP 16 Smiley 1;GP 3 Barbers Hill 6;GP 15 CE King 5;Huffman 1 GP 8. Those are the district games they have played, so their record is 6-3, so they are tied with New Caney for third place. Should come down to an important district game next Friday when GP host New Caney! Trust me I'll be their.

ok a little while ago i spoke to a good friend of mine that said that Galena Park is tied for third with new caney. He also gave me these results: CE king 1 GP 14;GP 4 Huffman 5;Crosby 7 GP 11;GP 15 Forest Brook 0;GP 0 New Caney 2;GP 16 Smiley 1;GP 3 Barbers Hill 6;GP 15 CE King 5;Huffman 1 GP 8. Those are the district games they have played, so their record is 6-3, so they are tied with New Caney for third place. Should come down to an important district game next Friday when GP host New Caney! Trust me I'll be their.

I stand corrected..you are right ( I checked out first  ;D ) So it is : BH (9-0) Huffman (7-2) GP and New Caney (6-3) and Crosby (in-trouble).  ;) I take it you are a GP fan. If so, props to you..I've been at every BH game this year ( I have a vested interest). Other than a few teams we played in tourneys..GP w/ Frank on the mound, best w/ seen.

Another 21-4A game tomorrow night w/ implications... @ BH. New Caney vs. The Hill.

I'm pulling for the 'Jackets to make the playoffs...they impressed me/us/BH.

I stand corrected..you are right ( I checked out first  ;D ) So it is : BH (9-0) Huffman (7-2) GP and New Caney (6-3) and Crosby (in-trouble).  ;) I take it you are a GP fan. If so, props to you..I've been at every BH game this year ( I have a vested interest). Other than a few teams we played in tourneys..GP w/ Frank on the mound, best w/ seen.

Another 21-4A game tomorrow night w/ implications... @ BH. New Caney vs. The Hill.

You think GP pitching was better than Bay City? 

Oops...other than a few teams we played in tournaments and Bay City.  Bay City was season opener. I cannot remember that for back.  ;D

Are you going to the game tonight and did you save me any crawfish ?  ;)

BH vs PNG either a 1 gamer or 3 gamer would be a toss up. Baseball is streaky, these 2 could be knocked out before a matchup. PNG had a big win over LCM, but the week before lost to Vidor and squeaked by Ozen.

I'll give ya a one gamer because just about anything can happen ,but PNG could not beat BH in 3 games NO WAY! PNG was touted last year and Huffman took em out. Sorry I just think this district has way to much hype IMHO ;D

PNG lost to Vidor 3-4

That's my reasoning.     

Look at PNG and LCM this Friday.  Proof of what I said here.

Oops...other than a few teams we played in tournaments and Bay City.  Bay City was season opener. I cannot remember that for back.  ;D

I will be doing another 1000 or 1200lbs this Tuesday after work.  Come on over and eat all you want for free.

I will be doing another 1000 or 1200lbs this Tuesday after work.  Come on over and eat all you want for free.

I may have to take you up on that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    chipslift1
    Newest Member
    chipslift1