2 starters kicked off team for watching ragball game

Good post tvc.  You are right.  A coach can kick off whoever he wants with a good reason.  And a good reason would be lack of discipline.  If the kids were told not to go and they go, that is a lack of discipline and is not needed on the team.  Now everyone is whining about its unfairness and holding the coach responsible.  All of these people want to back the players and put heat on the coach.  The players broke a rule.  They should be punished by what ever is deemed by the coach.  But you want to punish the coach.  So now you have two undisciplined kids that think they are above the law.  I sure hope if he let them on the team they will just sit the bench for the rest of the year.  You do not want that cancer spreading to the rest of the team.  Next the coach will tell them not to miss practice!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post tvc.  You are right.  A coach can kick off whoever he wants with a good reason.  And a good reason would be lack of discipline.  If the kids were told not to go and they go, that is a lack of discipline and is not needed on the team.  Now everyone is whining about its unfairness and holding the coach responsible.  All of these people want to back the players and put heat on the coach.  The players broke a rule.  They should be punished by what ever is deemed by the coach.  But you want to punish the coach.  So now you have two undisciplined kids that think they are above the law.  I sure hope if he let them on the team they will just sit the bench for the rest of the year.  You do not want that cancer spreading to the rest of the team.  Next the coach will tell them not to miss practice!

If it is not okay for the players to go and they "broke the rules" so kicking them off the team is okay then should the coach still be a part of the team because he too was at the tournament, a place that was "off limits" so if you punish the kids then why doesn't the coach get punished?? Does he not have to abide by his own rules??

Remember, this is the same coach who went ballistic when he found out some of his players were getting hitting instructions on thier own time also.  High school coaches do not have the right to tell players where they can and cannot go, unless the activity in questions has to do with illegal things such as underage drinking.  I agree he can tell his players not to play, as an injury affects the whole team, not just the one player.  I know several people who were at this game, and they were not impressed by the actions they witnessed.  Again, I also understand that one of the players is not back on the team - seems the parents (you know, the people who have the real authority on where their kids go) were not happy about what happened and do not want their child playing on this team anymore.

The parents not wanting their kid to play on the team anymore because of the incident is hurting the kid more than the team. I don't know if he is a senior or not but if he is then he would not get to play high school ball any more. That doesn't seem fair to me. I believe the coach did not want his players playing because they are putting themselves in a potential spot to get injured. Although I don't agree with the coach for not wanting his players to attend the game as spectators, if that is what he said then they should not have attended. The coach does make the rules for the team and they should be adhered to. My opinion only.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RVLife
    Newest Member
    RVLife

• Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: High Island - 1A-12-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Bellville Faith Academy- Private-Private-Private Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Chester - 1A-12-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Oakwood- 1A-12-2 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Apple Springs - 1A-12-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Leveretts Chapel- 1A-10-1 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Deweyville - 2A-12-2 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: West Sabine- 2A-12-2 Record: Unknown District Matchup: Yes *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left.  Live Broadcast
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:00:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: West Hardin - 2A-12-2 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Hull-Daisetta- 2A-12-2 Record: Unknown District Matchup: Yes *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left.  Live Broadcast
  • Topics