3.BRIDGE CITY 22-3

4.SINTON 20-5

5.KENNEDALE 18-1

6.SNYDER 22-5

7.LUFKIN HUDSON 19-6

8.HARDIN- JEFFERSON 17-6

9.ANDREWS 17-6

10.CARTHAGE 18-5

I read with interest how both Polls out there for 3A always keep three teams for Region IV in the top four places.  When one wanes they are replaced with another one from Region IV.

My personal opinion is that Bridge City, Hardin-Jefferson and Jasper could all beat any teams from Region IV.  It appears that the folks that live in a geographic region just tend to prop-up the teams that are around them.  Any thoughts?  I could put up a Poll but it would not look anything like the one being presented by Region IV folks.....LOL

Makes one wonder where the poll originators went to HS?    LOL

It does appear that way, but the 3aBaseball.com ranking is run by Tim Baugh, who lives in Midland.  Isn't that Region I?  I met Tim last year at Austin.  I think he has no axe to grind, is just calling it like he sees it.  Now, having said that, I agree with you.  I think our top district 21-3a teams could probably take any of them.  But somehow, for the moment they have the reputations.  If Region III can just beat them all a few more years ......    :)

you don't have to go to far back in history, just to last year.  Were I believe that Jasper did and  BC would have done the same, was to blast thru the state tournament like it was nothing.  I think I said it before its hard to compare teams that are in other regions, you just don't know how strong their districts are.

Guest Orangeboy

It really doesn't matter. BC's goal isn't to be the #1 team in April, its to be the last one standing when its all over in June. 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43