Still waiting on Roc...

Guest mffl

Guest coachacola

Lamar already has a big man that needs to be developed (Coy Custer) and they already tried the other option (James Davis).  Since everybody wants a big man who can get up and down the court, Roc probably won't sign a real good big man.  I think the next few years we'll keep seeing players in the 6-7 or 6-8 range who can run the court.

Agreed.. i mean Athletic Tall guys.

Coaches generally seem to sign sign athletic guys who can surprise some people until they get a good program where they can recruit skilled players.

It worked at Memphis, of course it is memphis but it also worked to an extent this year for us.

Agreed.. i mean Athletic Tall guys.

Coaches generally seem to sign sign athletic guys who can surprise some people until they get a good program where they can recruit skilled players.

It worked at Memphis, of course it is memphis but it also worked to an extent this year for us.

The difference in Memphis is that this school is already considered a big time basketball school. The very good players look at these type of schools. But schools like Lamar find sleepers who develop into good ball players.

Guest coachacola

How did Memphis become big time? by being passive and timid?

You think Roc hasn't signed a big guy because he's passive and timid?  You think Lamar is turning away all the 3 and 4 star players because they don't want to be big time?  We all want Lamar to succeed and make it big but you're really being unrealistic these days.

You think Roc hasn't signed a big guy because he's passive and timid?  You think Lamar is turning away all the 3 and 4 star players because they don't want to be big time?  We all want Lamar to succeed and make it big but you're really being unrealistic these days.

That's nailing it.

I was referring to Roc at all. I don't know what Roc is doing. But lets not talk about being unrealistic. Just because you limit yourself

and put up all these dumb false road blocks for yourself and Lamar is a problem on you, not being unrealistic.

Here let me give you an example of what I am talking about.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to

us." -- Western Union internal memo,1876.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of . ... science, 1949

"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." -- Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole . ... Superieure deGuerre.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital. .... Equipment

Corp., 1977

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's

associates in response to his urgings for investment in the radio in the 1920s.

"Who in their right mind would ever need more than 640k of ram!?" -- Bill Gates, 1981

"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that

won't last out the year." -- Editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957

"But what ... is it good for?" -- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, ... 1968, commenting on the microchip.

"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible." -- A Yale University management

professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." -- Gary Cooper, on his decision not to accept the leading role

in "Gone With The Wind."

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." --Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

"If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can't do this." -- Spencer Silver

on the work that led to the unique adhesives for3-M "Post-It" Notepads.

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us?

Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard,

and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'" -- Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get

Atari and H-P interested in his and Steve Wozniak's personal computer.

"Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and reaction and the need to have something better than a vacuum against

which to react. He seems to lack the basic knowledge ladled out daily in high schools." -- 1921 New York Times editorial about Robert

Goddard's revolutionary rocket work.

"Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try and find oil? You're crazy." -- Drillers whom Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist to his project to

drill for oil in 1859.

"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau." --Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." -- Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction". -- Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon". -- Sir John Eric Ericksen,

British surgeon, appointed Surgeon Extraordinary to Queen Victoria 1873.

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." -- Decca Recording Co., when rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

I was referring to Roc at all. I don't know what Roc is doing. But lets not talk about being unrealistic. Just because you limit yourself

and put up all these dumb false road blocks for yourself and Lamar is a problem on you, not being unrealistic.

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." -- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of . ... science, 1949

"Who the heck wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." -- Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

"Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value." -- Marechal Ferdinand Foch, Professor of Strategy, Ecole . ... Superieure deGuerre.

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital. .... Equipment

Corp., 1977

"The wireless music box has no imaginable commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?" -- David Sarnoff's

"Who in their right mind would ever need more than 640k of ram!?" -- Bill Gates, 1981

"I have traveled the length and breadth of this country and talked with the best people, and I can assure you that data processing is a fad that

won't last out the year." -- Editor in charge of business books for Prentice Hall, 1957

"But what ... is it good for?" -- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, ... 1968, commenting on the microchip.

"The concept is interesting and well-formed, but in order to earn better than a 'C,' the idea must be feasible." -- A Yale University management

professor in response to Fred Smith's paper proposing reliable overnight delivery service. (Smith went on to found Federal Express Corp.)

"I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face and not Gary Cooper." -- Gary Cooper, on his decision not to accept the leading role

in "Gone With The Wind."

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." --Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

"If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The literature was full of examples that said you can't do this." -- Spencer Silver

"So we went to Atari and said, 'Hey, we've got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us?

Or we'll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary, we'll come work for you.' And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard,

and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'" -- Apple Computer Inc. founder Steve Jobs on attempts to get

"Professor Goddard does not know the relation between action and reaction and the need to have something better than a vacuum against

which to react. He seems to lack the basic knowledge ladled out daily in high schools." -- 1921 New York Times editorial about Robert

"Drill for oil? You mean drill into the ground to try and find oil? You're crazy." -- Drillers whom Edwin L. Drake tried to enlist to his project to

drill for oil in 1859.

"Stocks have reached what looks like a permanently high plateau." --Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University, 1929.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." -- Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. Office of Patents, 1899.

"Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction". -- Pierre Pachet, Professor of Physiology at Toulouse, 1872

"The abdomen, the chest, and the brain will forever be shut from the intrusion of the wise and humane surgeon". -- Sir John Eric Ericksen,

"We don't like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out." -- Decca Recording Co., when rejecting the Beatles, 1962.

A little redundant, don't you think?

Again, what's your point?

Wait, I answered it myself, nevermind.

Guest tigersvoice

"Who the heck wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers, 1927.

Corp., 1977

in "Gone With The Wind."

drill for oil in 1859.

A little redundant, don't you think?

Again, what's your point?

Wait, I answered it myself, nevermind.

To borrow from the Softball Forum:  unlv thinks linearly rather that rotationally.  He just keeps goint "Out there."  Doesn't stop to look back nor does he turn to try to close the circuit.  You ain't from around here are you, Bud?

Lamar and Memphis, cmon now :o

Yes Memphis, Lamar was playing big ball before Memphis. Lamar was actually bigger than Memphis 40 years ago.

But ya see, Memphis invested and took chances. Lamar did what this forum advocates, the "no no wait". I can't count

the number of schools that passed Lamar up because of this inferior mentality.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Wildcats92
    Newest Member
    Wildcats92