How bout dem Jags!!!

Cowboy and Westend, I have to agree with you there.  PN-G, Nederland, Vidor, Livingston, LC-M and Lumberton, all members of 20-4A are 1 high school towns.  So they have the benefit of their middle schools going to one high school.  Stowers, Stump and Rison share 7 middle schools in Beaumont.  Just because a kid is in one of Centrals feeder middle schools doesn't mean he will wear the maroon and silver.  BISD gives the kids so many options and ways to attend the school almost of their choice.

I also agree that more of the kids in Beaumont grow up playing basketball verses football or baseball.  All it really takes is a ball, goal and at least 2 people for a one on one game.  Were as for football, you need a group of kids and a field/yard.  I know a lot of parents who are scared of the kids getting hurt at a young age, that's another reason they grow up playing basketball.

Prime example.  Anthony Collins.  Played basketball most of his life and at Central.  Really only played football his senior season for the Jaguars and was a all district DE.  Went on to play OT at Kansas.  Got drafted by the Bengals in the 4th round Sunday.  There is nothing wrong with any of what I have just stated.  But just what if he would have started playing at least in the 7th grade at whatever middle school he went to.  That would give him at least 6 years going off to school vs 1.  Good thing for the kid he just worked hard and continues to work hard. 

Cowboy and Westend, I have to agree with you there.  PN-G, Nederland, Vidor, Livingston, LC-M and Lumberton, all members of 20-4A are 1 high school towns.  So they have the benefit of their middle schools going to one high school.  Stowers, Stump and Rison share 7 middle schools in Beaumont.  Just because a kid is in one of Centrals feeder middle schools doesn't mean he will wear the maroon and silver.  BISD gives the kids so many options and ways to attend the school almost of their choice.

I also agree that more of the kids in Beaumont grow up playing basketball verses football or baseball.  All it really takes is a ball, goal and at least 2 people for a one on one game.  Were as for football, you need a group of kids and a field/yard.  I know a lot of parents who are scared of the kids getting hurt at a young age, that's another reason they grow up playing basketball.

Prime example.  Anthony Collins.  Played basketball most of his life and at Central.  Really only played football his senior season for the Jaguars and was a all district DE.  Went on to play OT at Kansas.  Got drafted by the Bengals in the 4th round Sunday.  There is nothing wrong with any of what I have just stated.  But just what if he would have started playing at least in the 7th grade at whatever middle school he went to.  That would give him at least 6 years going off to school vs 1.  Good thing for the kid he just worked hard and continues to work hard. 

Very True ::)

Kids are more involved with summer basketball and track!  I'm all for staying busy, but I would prefer to see more 7 on 7 stuff!  This summer will be big for us....it is time to shine!

IMO, 7 on 7 don't mean nothing.  Baytown Lee wins in 7 on seven pretty much every year.  Then when fall comes around, they don't look to good.  I think it's about being dedicated such as making sure you're conditioned and your lifting during the Summer.  If you do spring training, I think that would be a plus.

IMO, 7 on 7 don't mean nothing.  Baytown Lee wins in 7 on seven pretty much every year.  Then when fall comes around, they don't look to good.  I think it's about being dedicated such as making sure you're conditioned and your lifting during the Summer.  If you do spring training, I think that would be a plus.

I agree that it doesn't mean you'll win games, but what I like is how it can bring a team together during the summer along with summer lifting and conditioning.  It also helps those competive juices keep flowing in a time when much stuff is going on!  One of the Jag coaches is even trying to get competitions started for the lineman to tag up with 7on 7, you know...strongman competitions!  I think that'll be great!  Your big uglies against ours, lets see who wins!  I remeber Coach Jack calling em "The Big Nasties!"

You know it my boy has been playing ever since he could hold a ball, and all our kids know the Injun fight song and school song before they ever get into K, our kids have been playing football together now for so long they dont have to talk to one another its all non-verbal (they know what their job is and what the kid next to them is thinking) the HS boys come to our practice when they can and during our run in the STJFL playoffs this season and during the Jr MC madness game they came and some of the band did also, the HS gave us the old runthru (TeePee) for our home games, my boy is 10 now and already hitting weights not hard and heavy (dont want him to get hurt) but to say we are fanatical in MC is a fair assessment, but look at our stand if we are winning or losing. Soul you really do love your team, ill be supporting them also one of the ladies i work with at the hospital grandson plays this year, except when yall are playing us.

[move]GO INDIANS [/move]

I agree.  Christine Michael won't be wearing no flags when he comes through the hole.  Two below games are way overrated.

You know it my boy has been playing ever since he could hold a ball, and all our kids know the Injun fight song and school song before they ever get into K, our kids have been playing football together now for so long they dont have to talk to one another its all non-verbal (they know what their job is and what the kid next to them is thinking) the HS boys come to our practice when they can and during our run in the STJFL playoffs this season and during the Jr MC madness game they came and some of the band did also, the HS gave us the old runthru (TeePee) for our home games, my boy is 10 now and already hitting weights not hard and heavy (dont want him to get hurt) but to say we are fanatical in MC is a fair assessment, but look at our stand if we are winning or losing. Soul you really do love your team, ill be supporting them also one of the ladies i work with at the hospital grandson plays this year, except when yall are playing us.

[move]GO INDIANS [/move]

Thanks.  I hope yall can take Nederland in MCM.  That will be a tough one.

You know since it is BBALL season I have not been here but Soulja is fanatic and west end is a fanatic!  Maybe I am the traider....  I have been rooted knee deep inthe Jags since '87.  I used to yell until I was horse.  But now I still love my Jags but I like GOOD football.  No I don't go to practice I would rather let a coach be a coach and stay out of the way.... I get financially involved in boosting but if there is a big game in houston I might go.

True there are discipline problems, no direct feeders, and no pub at Central.  Also, every Central coach has been a defensive coordinators and great ones at that.  There has yet to be a well rounded offensive minded coach or assistant coach at Central... The "D" is always great!!!!  But the "O" has always sufferred... From the days of Enoch dixons "sweep right sweep left" to Stower's "Disfunctional Zone Read".  We have never made the appropiate adjustments.  On years when the "D" is not dominant we really struggle because we can't score on any body.  Last year we had an immoble QB running the zone read and any coach would tell you that doesn't work... But no adjustment and it looks like BAD football. Brandon made it look good because he was a mobil QB!!!

There are many problems at Central and most start at home and some end on the field.  Until we get students with pride and a since of what REAL success is there will be no STATE team at Central!  Call me a liar but I walked those halls and played with those guys...  I know! 

Prime example is Coach Green.. The parents and school backed his strong discipline actions. When he got rid of all the rif raf they went to State....  All of his starters were good kids and well mannered and reered right at HOME (even Ronnie)...  They made it.  He went to Memorial and couldn't do it becausde the parents did not back him and his structure.  There have been good football teams led by character young men at Central that made that years team very good.  But there are so many issues that it is hard to be un-done!

Same with Collins...  His mother kept him straight... It all starts at home....

every Central coach has been a defensive coordinators and great ones at that.  There has yet to be a well rounded offensive minded coach or assistant coach at Central... The "D" is always great!!!!  But the "O" has always sufferred... From the days of Enoch dixons "sweep right sweep left" to Stower's "Disfunctional Zone Read".  We have never made the appropiate adjustments.  On years when the "D" is not dominant we really struggle because we can't score on any body.  Last year we had an immoble QB running the zone read and any coach would tell you that doesn't work... But no adjustment and it looks like BAD football. Brandon made it look good because he was a mobil QB!!!

In the 2006 season our offense was ranked #1 in the district and one of the tops in 4A....running base dive with one read play in the scheme!  But as far as HC go, you know the old saying, "Defense win championships!"  Offense puts people in the stands though!  Nobody wants to see a defensive game. 

Co Stowers has done things no other coach took time to do while I was in school!  He and his staff are going into the home of kids and meeting with their folks and giving them the layout and what he's expecting this season.  They are involving the kids in FCA doing what my brotha calls "character enhancement."  You are right, it does take influence from the home to git er dun, but some parents are reluctant b/c they work a lot or really don't care!  That's when we need to step in and be that village that helps raise em. 

Don't get me wrong when I ask you to be more visible!  I'm not saying go in the office and watch film with Coach and I sure ain't saying to suggest what plays to run...that ain't smart!  But let's remember why we are there...for the kids, not to get pissy b/c they are struggling and decide to jump a coach in the stands (Westbrook game)!  The more they see us....the better! 

The Jags are going to State!

The Jags took home gold in the 4x100 and the 4x200!  Next year's speedsters step up big time with JT finishing 2nd in the 100 and CT winning the gold in the 200!  Three members of the these relay teams will be heading into their senior years hoping to do big things!  Almost done with track, then on to some spring Football! ::)

Oh yeah...the reason I started this topic...Jags are ranked #1 in 4A in the 4x100 and have the nations 4 fastest time in the 4x200...way to go Jags!  One more meet to be State Champs!

The Jags took home gold in the 4x100 and the 4x200!  Next year's speedsters step up big time with JT finishing 2nd in the 100 and CT winning the gold in the 200!  Three members of the these relay teams will be heading into their senior years hoping to do big things!  Almost done with track, then on to some spring Football! ::)

Oh yeah...the reason I started this topic...Jags are ranked #1 in 4A in the 4x100 and have the nations 4 fastest time in the 4x200...way to go Jags!  One more meet to be State Champs!

I am glad you wrote that because I remember one year we won State in the 4X100 and broke a State record and nobody in BMT knew about it...  The Beaumont Enterprise or should I say Suprise (right Soulja) did not even cover it.

I am glad you wrote that because I remember one year we won State in the 4X100 and broke a State record and nobody in BMT knew about it...  The Beaumont Enterprise or should I say Suprise (right Soulja) did not even cover it.

Jags are heading to Austin today the meet!  They run on Friday! ;D

The Jags have had plenty speed every year. The year my son played with Chad,Choppa and Booker. We punched Lufkin in the mouth on a wet field. But lost by a few point. If Chad had caught that pass in the corner of the endzone we'd have beat the state champs. We were very fast and strong that year. Our problem was our OC (TYNER). And our head coach Dixon for not pulling the plug on TYNER.

Our kids bust their butts. They diserve to be put in positions to succeed. Too many times as a fan I've seen clearly my Jags out class the other team with talent but not performance. And too many times its because of whats not being done on the side line and not on the field.

I take this serious because I know the importance of these young men succeeding on the field and how that succees will open up doors for their futures. Its not about that coach being succeesful so he could get that larger paycheck in another district. It shouldn't be!! It should be about the kids.

Some may say its just a game. I say its a make or break situation for some kids. We need coaches that care enough about these kids to groom a program and stick with that program. At lease groom an assistant to step in and keep that system flowing. We hire outside of our community way too much. we need to hire within. Hire coaches like Jeff Nelson, Kervess Fontneaux , my son, his team mates, players before them. These are people that will stick with these kids and show loyalty to them. And not leave for the money elsewhere.

GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bring Home the "STATE TROPY"  (Oh and Soulja we know your loyalty is not even in question)

You said that BC....  We have never had a good or even decent Offensive coordinator!

I'll say this again in hopes that you read it this time!

In the 2006 season our offense was ranked #1 in the district and one of the tops in 4A....running base dive with one read play in the scheme!  But as far as HC go, you know the old saying, "Defense win championships!"  Offense puts people in the stands though!  Nobody wants to see a defensive game. 

Co Stowers has done things no other coach took time to do while I was in school!  He and his staff are going into the home of kids and meeting with their folks and giving them the layout and what he's expecting this season.  They are involving the kids in FCA doing what my brotha calls "character enhancement."  You are right, it does take influence from the home to git er dun, but some parents are reluctant b/c they work a lot or really don't care!  That's when we need to step in and be that village that helps raise em. 

You said that BC....  We have never had a good or even decent Offensive coordinator!

Thank you for that snipit...

Yes that was a good year with Brandon, Frog, and That lttle Thomas at RB.  They did big things and put up big scores.  But they could not do it when the competition was smarter and had good athletes. Central was just more talented than everyone they played that ONE year.  Talent drove that team.  But when they saw teams that were just as Athletic and with smart coaches the outcome was different...  That one "DIVE" play with those "FEW" Options did not win big games.  That is why Dayton, Barbers Hill, and LaMarque were able to play with us and two of them beat us...  Any good coach with enough talent will not allow you to beat them with such a suspect playbook consisting of three to five plays!!!!  You even said it yourself that the play book was basic and simplistic.  When you get into the playoffs there are teams with defense and offense....  Yes Defense wins Championships but you can't win when you don't put numbers on the score board.  So if you READ and COMPREHEND what I am telling you.....  I know Stowers is good, so was Enoch...  Both had shutdown Defenses... Neither has an offensive scheme... And both are usually sitting at home week three of the playoffs....  Use you intellegence when breaking down football not your emotions...  Brandon's senior year Central had more than enough pure TALENT to win it all....  But not enough coaching to get them there!

Thank you for that snipit...

Yes that was a good year with Brandon, Frog, and That lttle Thomas at RB.  They did big things and put up big scores.  But they could not do it when the competition was smarter and had good athletes. Central was just more talented than everyone they played that ONE year.  Talent drove that team.  But when they saw teams that were just as Athletic and with smart coaches the outcome was different...  That one "DIVE" play with those "FEW" Options did not win big games.  That is why Dayton, Barbers Hill, and LaMarque were able to play with us and two of them beat us...  Any good coach with enough talent will not allow you to beat them with such a suspect playbook consisting of three to five plays!!!!  You even said it yourself that the play book was basic and simplistic.  When you get into the playoffs there are teams with defense and offense....  Yes Defense wins Championships but you can't win when you don't put numbers on the score board.  So if you READ and COMPREHEND what I am telling you.....  I know Stowers is good, so was Enoch...  Both had shutdown Defenses... Neither has an offensive scheme... And both are usually sitting at home week three of the playoffs....  Use you intellegence when breaking down football not your emotions...  Brandon's senior year Central had more than enough pure TALENT to win it all....  But not enough coaching to get them there!

At Central and in our district it is very tough to get out of the 2nd round...if you look at the teams that beat us in 05 and 06 they both made deep runs in the playoffs.  Our scheme has been, what a lot of coaches say is a " KISS" offense.  KISS means Keep It Simple Stupid!  At this level most teams do that!  They run 4 to 5 different plays in many varying formations.  The good teams like a Brenham in 05 and Lamarque in 06 run the same few plays in many different formations...the same thing that the Jags do!  We would say "you want some, come get some!"  See if you can stop it!  When you avg 8 yds per play running base dive, you'd be stupid not to keep it going until they stopped you!  Case in point:  Houston Sterling and Central in 06...they got up big b/c Central couldn't stop their deep ball.  Central against Ned in 06, they couldn't stop Big B.  Central and Ned 07, Central couldn't handle the deep ball....same route over and over again from different spots on the field.  Football is a game of chess in since that you have to out think and scheme you advisory.  Now when it becomes ugly is when they begin going crazy doing everything but the SIMPLE thing.  Stowers would say "we'll hold em to 14 or less you guys (offense) do the rest!"  That's what you want to hear and see the intensity in his eyes and the eyes of team!  I personally don't care if the score is 7-6 as long as we are winning!  You better buckle your seatbelt, with the offense the Jags are running this year you will see the same play over and over again with emphasis being on opponents stopping them!

The reason coaches leave is b/c BISD is not taking care of them....the good ones that is!  People say we should bring back homers or people who have Central at heart....shoot when we had some of them we still didn't get it done!  When Stowers brought in his crew the atmosphere changed in a positive way!  I am a college student who understands that people still need to take care of their families.  Why should they be any less of a person for wanting to financially secure themselves...when you got towns with lesser kids paying coaches over a 100 thousand...WoW!  Then they let them have the coaches they want, instead of telling to deal with what you have.  Some coaches are here for a paycheck only....late to practice, unorganized, and unprofessional (all of this I remember during my 1st 3 years prior to Stowers arrival). 

But I digress in order to further expound my levels of COMPREHENSION to you Shortdawg!  When I show emotion young one...you will know!! 

Oh yes!  I am 29 yrs young and loving it!....

I still use Keep it Simplie Stupid at my job today...  And I am an Engineer...  Do me a favor and look at what Northshore, Westlake, Duncanville, Katy, Smithson Valley run...  Those teams use everyone on the field...  The WR, TE, RB, and QB...  They run a variety of plays...  Usually sticking to 5-7 plays doing the course of the game with a few more sprinkled in DURING special situations...  See those teams have situational plays for third and long or 2nd and short, you know things like that.... But we don't have that...  It is the same play every time.  I agree that you should not run 20 different plays in a game...  The pros average about 20...  But I do think you need some variations for certain situations... That is the one thing we don't have...  A high School kid should b intellemgent enough to run at leats 10 plays a game.  We always act as if our kids can't learn...  WE HINDER THEM SO MUCH.

Oh yes!  I am 29 yrs young and loving it!....

I still use Keep it Simplie Stupid at my job today...  And I am an Engineer...  Do me a favor and look at what Northshore, Westlake, Duncanville, Katy, Smithson Valley run...  Those teams use everyone on the field...  The WR, TE, RB, and QB...  They run a variety of plays...  Usually sticking to 5-7 plays doing the course of the game with a few more sprinkled in DURING special situations...  See those teams have situational plays for third and long or 2nd and short, you know things like that.... But we don't have that...  It is the same play every time.  I agree that you should not run 20 different plays in a game...  The pros average about 20...  But I do think you need some variations for certain situations... That is the one thing we don't have...  A high School kid should b intellemgent enough to run at leats 10 plays a game.  We always act as if our kids can't learn...  WE HINDER THEM SO MUCH.

I don't think it's about hindering them as much as it is about what they can do well.  We all know that for the last few seasons when they Jags were in a pressure situation to get a 1st down or a TD they would run a counter play or do a bootleg pass!  That was their bread a butter...they had 5 or so plays that in whatever situation they were in those plays were golden!  The pro game is a longer game and is so much more complex...shoot, look at the college level!  You take one of the greatest HS coaches of this era in Todd Dodge and send him to North Texas running the same stuff they ran at Southlake and...well you know they got their stuff handed to em' more often than not!  Good programs are gonna hit you with a Flood, Post, Bubble, Stop and a Curl Route in some form....and run a Inside/Outside Zone, Counter/Trap Series, Option, and maybe (depending on their scheme) some form of FB play!  Look at Port Neches this past season...they tried to buck the system and follow they trend and change schemes....join the world of the T. Franklin Spread Series...and they said screw it!  We do one thing well here and that is take care of the ball!  Let's ram it down their throats all night long and when they stack the box well dump it to one of our backs in the flat or a TE pop pass (at least that's what I hope they said)!

obcowboy, all those plays are fine if you have the personel to run it. Yea with brandon at the helm, a lotta busted plays looked like boot legs. The kid was rare and it was shut down against other players of his caliber. Brenham did it, LM did it. We need a OC to install a scheme according to our players.

obcowboy, all those plays are fine if you have the personel to run it. Yea with brandon at the helm, a lotta busted plays looked like boot legs. The kid was rare and it was shut down against other players of his caliber. Brenham did it, LM did it. We need a OC to install a scheme according to our players.

I feel ya! ::)  But what I'm saying is when it is all said and done you have to have something to hang your hat on!  Something you do well!  And I think we have it now...check out my other topic!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43