Nederlands Stefan Huber Looking Good

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

3 Observations:

1:  the kid with the Purple shirt and red socks gave him fits

2:  he can't handle a bull rush

3:  shorts and t-shirts don't indicate effectiveness in pads

3.5:  all the defenders with stretched or torn shirts indicates holding

The last camp wonder from Nederlan didn't even make all district first team and was a part of that 63-0 arse beating of Biblical proportions.  I wonder how many pancakes he got in that loss???

keep sittin on you big butt eating twinkies and get a life

I have a life.  You on the other hand can stand to get those Nederland Test-Tee-Cals out of your mouth....

very nice, you are all about class arn't you.........

What you've failed to notice is that I, Mr. Mosley, et al are having an adult discussion about a certain Ned OLineman so if you want to be an adult and join the discussion, feel free.  Otherwise, stay at the kid's table and learn how to spell the word aren't.  A contraction of the words are not.....

SFA85, Stefan is like a 180 degree different player from last year to this year. I'm not asking you to jump on the Nederland we love Stefan bandwagon just telling you this kid really does have a career at the next level. I hope he takes some of this new found confidence and mean streak to the field next year.

3 Observations:

The last camp wonder from Nederlan didn't even make all district first team and was a part of that 63-0 arse beating of Biblical proportions.  I wonder how many pancakes he got in that loss???

I have a life.  You on the other hand can stand to get those Nederland Test-Tee-Cals out of your mouth....

I know SFA85 doesn't need me to defend him, but you started the Classy comments.

3 Observations:

I know SFA85 doesn't need me to defend him, but you started the Classy comments.

Let Get one thing right i'm not telln SFA85 to get any test tee cals out of his mouth am I??????

all we here about is SFA85 doggin on Nederland/PNG kids all the time........

Guest 87CRU79

Stefan is a good kid, who comes from an excellent upbringing. I've been watching the kid over the last couple of seasons, and like everyone else, he has strengths and weaknesses.

Strengths: Size, intelligence, heart, determination

Weaknesses: aggressiveness, NO MEAN STREAK, poor foot quickness, and a little too top heavy when blocking

Some of these things can be worked out, but aggression is either something you have or don't have!

A wise man once told me, "A lot of O-lineman are big, but the good ones are big and quick!"

Attitude and desire can more than make up for lack of a MEAN streak. As he gets his body physically ready, (kid is already strong), add that with his desire for the game, he will be just fine. This kid has a passion to make it to the next level. Sometimes people like The Dude see only one type of mean streak, you can be aggressive and fundamentally sound without having to look like your possessed.  I say as he progresses with strength and quickness he becomes the freak you are looking for Dude.

Now that the thread has become more civil, here's some food for thought:  What if he, the QB from WB, and others got in on the ground floor of something special such as being the first recruits @LU.  Think about it, he could be the anchor of the first group of lineman to begin a new tradition @LU.  Coach Juco better hit these area schools and I mean hit them hard and IMO, he could start with landing Huber......

SMU and Army have made offers. This is just the first of many to come. I think he is setting his dreams higher than Lamar. I agree though, his talent along with some other local talent could bring Lamar football back in a hurry and fill the stands with people who want to see the home boys do well. I say after he attends the college mini camp circuit this summer he will start getting many more offers.

Guest Penny

When you take the name away from the youtube video, what I saw was a kid doing much MORE than holding his own.  I was actually shocked by his performance.  Pads or no pads, that was a physical drill and you can't take away from the performance Huber put on in it against the states best.  SFA's comments would be what I'd expect from a line coach trying to decide on who starts at a bigtime D1 school, not whether the kid deserves to be there or not... he definitely deserves to be there, I think based on what I've read, SFA would agree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Last years camp wonder? You must be talking about DJ, tell me this, had he not gotten the offer from Texas would you have blamed the coaches at Nederland? Camp wonders, can do wonders, for you getting a wonderful degree paid for at a big D1 school. If you play football at Nederland you better hit the camp trail and combines to get the attention of the coaches. Do great at the camps then they know who you are and start showing up at your school and games to see you in action, stay home and don't attend camps, they never know who you are and don't come to see ya, then blame the head coach for not getting you a shot at playing college ball. Wow!!

Don't get me wrong JM, going camping is the in thing now in being recruited for football and will be for the forseeable future.  My whole thing with DJ was/is, his stock didn't shoot up on the internet until he changed his verbal from A&M to UT.  Just me but those stars didn't popup by his name until he wanted to be a Longhorn but time will tell.

I agree, when he switched to UT he became a 5 star recruit, he became a known player by going to camps and combines, not by his play at Nederland. He had a good career at Nederland, and is a fine player but, he would have never got the attention unless he attended some camps. Same goes for Stefan, we all know what the kid has done, can do, and what he can become but, when you play in the area Nederland plays you are restricted as to who sees you unless you go three to four rounds deep in the playoffs. I agree, camps and combines are the future!!! Better go if you want to go to the next level.....Difference with Stefan is he will play for his TEAM first and his future second, he is a Bulldog for now!!!.....

no. was/is a 4-star recruit out of Nederland. Going to TEXAS or aTm didnt change that.

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham