Who Wins The District Title In 21 5A?

Who Wins The District Title In 21 5A?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins The District Title In 21 5A?

• West Brook
    • Baytown Lee
    • Memorial
    • Baytown Sterling
    • Channelview
    • North Shore

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest etbu

As much as I hate to admit it, I think NS takes it. However, there hasn't been a down of football played yet, and there could be some suprises. Yes, I think my Bruins will play them a good game, but I think the Mustangs are potentially a better team. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, I'm just being honest!

I don't know about that bc I saw NS get wiped by Judson this last year and think that WB can play with them.

I think Brook can win it.   After a TOUGH predistrict schedule, Brook will be ready.

True, our preseason schedule is gonna be tough. BUT, the Mustangs will play Katy, LaMarque, SLCarroll, Eisenhower, and Cy Falls....a much tougher schedule. Injuries are gonna dictate who wins this tough district. Whoever is the healthiest come Week 10 is gonna win it!

Gotta go with North Shore.  They haven't lost a district game in what...8 years?

if they havent lost a district game in 8 years then the last time they lost a district game was the last time they were in 21-5a...i'd guess it wouldve been the game they lost by Baytown Lee blocking their field goal with time expiring (was the last week of the season), the next year they ran the table in 21-5a and after that they were moved to the district they were in until this coming year...

21-5a looked a little different then though, North Shore along w/ Deer Park were in the District, there was no Port Arthur Memorial yet, West Brook along with Sterling were horrible and Baytown Lee had Drew Tate, and the district still enjoyed the dancing sensation that is the Beaumont Central band at halftime (and they were pretty decent at football)...anyway, i think North Shore will probably win it this year, but who knows 21-5a has historically been more competitive than the district they were in...

As much as I hate to admit it, I think NS takes it. However, there hasn't been a down of football played yet, and there could be some suprises. Yes, I think my Bruins will play them a good game, but I think the Mustangs are potentially a better team. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, I'm just being honest!

I don't know about that bc I saw NS get wiped by Judson this last year and think that WB can play with them.

You saw The Judson Rockets with serveral championships going back to the '80s beat NS and come the the grand conclusion based on this defeat, WB with 2 returners on defense can run with the Mustangs.  Again, for those that don't pay attention, there is no finess on Wallisville and the Beltway, there's only downhill, smashmouth running with this bunch.  NS will go 10-0 in this district until the next realignment.....

You, my friend, are in a fantasy land if you think they will go 10-0! It aint gonna happen with the schedule they've got. Katy, Ike, SLCarroll, LaMarque, Cy-Falls, possibly West Brook........one or more of those teams is gonna beat NS. They cant beat all of those teams! They just cant. They will not go undefeated. IF they do, they'll win the state title! I could see them going 8-2, possibly 9-1.....but not 10-0. No Way! I'll buy your ticket to the state championship game if that happens. ;)

You, my friend, are in a fantasy land if you think they will go 10-0! It aint gonna happen with the schedule they've got. Katy, Ike, SLCarroll, LaMarque, Cy-Falls, possibly West Brook........one or more of those teams is gonna beat NS. They cant beat all of those teams! They just cant. They will not go undefeated. IF they do, they'll win the state title! I could see them going 8-2, possibly 9-1.....but not 10-0. No Way! I'll buy your ticket to the state championship game if that happens. ;)

Glad you understand my last post.  But I think the only team that will give NS fits on that schedule is Ike.  LM has a new coach and has to replace the backfield.  Same with Katy and SLC.  Cy-Falls isn't ranked on 5Afootball.com's top 25 so if the new QB steps up, with 13 starters back, NS will be tough as usual.....

So, how well do you think West Brook will do against some of those same teams NS will play?....Ike, Katy, Westfield, ect......

To replace players like #5 and #10 @DE is a tall order not to mention the leadership of players like Falgout et al.  I like downhill running teams and out of that list, I know Ike use to run the bone and WF runs downhill.  Katy will have to replace a 2K yard rusher who's playing for UCLA now but Katy will still play smashmouth so on paper, WB probably would go 0-3.  Not to mention, WB's former DC works with me now(not in the same department) so WB has several holes to fill with a tough, tough schedule.  5afootball.com has WB going 6-4 so it's not just me....

So, how well do you think West Brook will do against some of those same teams NS will play?....Ike, Katy, Westfield, ect......

To replace players like #5 and #10 @DE is a tall order not to mention the leadership of players like Falgout et al.  I like downhill running teams and out of that list, I know Ike use to run the bone and WF runs downhill.  Katy will have to replace a 2K yard rusher who's playing for UCLA now but Katy will still play smashmouth so on paper, WB probably would go 0-3.  Not to mention, WB's former DC works with me now(not in the same department) so WB has several holes to fill with a tough, tough schedule.  5afootball.com has WB going 6-4 so it's not just me....

I agree with some of what you said, however I think going 7-3 or maybe even 8-2 is not unrealistic. It just depends on how the plays are called if it's a close game. We have not forgotten about the Westfield game last year, and how the refs can influence the outcome of the game. I believe our "ace in the hole" next year will be the fact that 6 of the 10 games on the schedule will be played at Durley. Hopefully it will be to our benefit!

I am thinking Northshore will not run through this district.  I think Lee has the coaching to push them, Memorial has the Athletes to play with them, Westbrook has both and may uppset them,  It will be difficult but I think it can happen!

Those Geese and PAM have the same disease:  The Spred O with a drugstore cottonball soft defense.  Besides, no school has over 4000 students like NS......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43