6 Year Old

Can anyone tell me if there are any 7U or 6U select teams in this area. A friend of mine heard rumors that somebody may be starting up a couple of teams.

I am interested in getting my son inot some tryouts. Currently the Little League we are in is not challenging or open minded to producing talented/competitive children for the future. My son is 5 and will be 6 in September. After football season ends he wants to get back into baseball and claims he would rather play it year round.

Hey the boy has been playing t-ball since he was 2 1/2. He is pretty talented for a five year old  and will turn 6 in September.

I really didnt think it would be so far fetched to have a young select team. I mean there is not a League in this area that has shown a competitive league for young children. I know its about learning the game and learning to have fun....but some kids are a little more advanced and are past that. I figured they had a "select" team.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Penny

Be careful of allowing you kid to play year round baseball... especially at this age.  I know you think he'll be the next Chipper, but there's an epidemic of kids who at 13/14 ish are throwing their arms out.  Many doctors claim it's the stress of year round repetivive motion without rest.  My guess is your son is probably pretty good at other sports, I would encourage you to encourage him to play them all if for nothing else to let his arm rest.  Most people who know a lot more than me would tell you the same thing.  Just some friendly advice, hopefully as you said he has fun.  If he's good enough, competition or no competition, he'll be all he can be.  Most great players end up where they're supposed to.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful of allowing you kid to play year round baseball... especially at this age.  I know you think he'll be the next Chipper, but there's an epidemic of kids who at 13/14 ish are throwing their arms out.  Many doctors claim it's the stress of year round repetivive motion without rest.  My guess is your son is probably pretty good at other sports, I would encourage you to encourage him to play them all if for nothing else to let his arm rest.  Most people who know a lot more than me would tell you the same thing.  Just some friendly advice, hopefully as you said he has fun.  If he's good enough, competition or no competition, he'll be all he can be.  Most great players end up where they're supposed to.

Ditto---been down that road and the kid needs to be a kid--if the higher levels are in the cards he will figure it out

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BigCard
    Newest Member
    BigCard