BISD stadium

This is the hidden content, please

Beaumont ISD approves land purchase for athletic facility

The Beaumont school district athletic complex now has a home.

The school board unanimously approved the purchase of an 85-acre tract of land south of Interstate 10, north of Fannett Road and east of Brooks Road.

Lamar will win the field house, but will the BISD stadium put Lamar to shame?

BISD complex will cost more than $30 million. I figure $18 million will be for the stadium alone.

Guest coachacola

BISD complex will cost more than $30 million. I figure $18 million will be for the stadium alone.

You're joking, right?  They'll probably build a 12K stadium for that price.  PNG is spending about $10M on renovating their stadium, and it costs a lot more to build a new one from the ground up.  The BISD will look like a nice high school stadium while Lamar will have a nice college stadium.

You're joking, right?  They'll probably build a 12K stadium for that price.  PNG is spending about $10M on renovating their stadium, and it costs a lot more to build a new one from the ground up.  The BISD will look like a nice high school stadium while Lamar will have a nice college stadium.

Coachacola, you forget who you're talking too. UNLV is the king of pessimism when it comes to Lamar's football stadium. He is so clouded with negativity that he can't even see the numbers correctly.

You are right, BISD will build a 12,000 to 15,000 seat high school stadium, nothing more.

Stadium for BISD isn't going to be some massive building like you think UNLV, they are also building a notatorium. It will probably be somewhat like ours. Our stadium is like 12K to 13K.

Where did I say anything about size. BISD has published size many times. PNG is building a very nice stadium, however BISD stadium will be

much better. NOT BIGGER....

Here is where BISD is getting its ideas.

Some high school stadiums are better than college. Will completed Lamar stadium be better than this?

Stadium for BISD isn't going to be some massive building like you think UNLV, they are also building a notatorium. It will probably be somewhat like ours. Our stadium is like 12K to 13K.

Where did I say anything about size. BISD has published size many times. PNG is building a very nice stadium, however BISD stadium will be

much better. NOT BIGGER....

Here is where BISD is getting its ideas.

we will see.atleast we dont have to share with 3 other schools. ;)

Guest coachacola

PNG is cutting back a little on their stadium because costs are rising so fast.  By the time BISD builds their stadium who knows how nice it'll be because of rising costs.  We still don't know exactly what they have planned for Cardinal Stadium.  We've seen one drawing of the outside of it and that's it.

PNG is cutting back a little on their stadium because costs are rising so fast.  By the time BISD builds their stadium who knows how nice it'll be because of rising costs.  We still don't know exactly what they have planned for Cardinal Stadium.  We've seen one drawing of the outside of it and that's it.

I think BISD will start building the stadium very soon. I would bet dirt will be flying before Summer is over.

I think BISD will start building the stadium very soon. I would bet dirt will be flying before Summer is over.

Wanna bet? Name your price.

As if you can trust an Aggie to pay up.

Guest tigersvoice

As if you can trust an Aggie to pay up.

Put a smiley face after that comment, unlv.  This Aggie you can trust - but if you can't bring yourself to that point, then I'll have myself and about 40 others that will stand good for him.

I dont think anything is gonna happen, for a while. BISD has a tendency to drag their feet with big projects. I expect nothing less from our great adminmistration. ;D

I dont think anything is gonna happen, for a while. BISD has a tendency to drag their feet with big projects. I expect nothing less from our great adminmistration. ;D

2 months ago there was nothing at West Brook, Central, and Fletcher. Today the new additions are nearing completion. BISD needs to work fast before support is lost.

Guest coachacola

BISD needs to start soon and work fast on the athletic complex to keep the price down.  PNGISD is having trouble staying in budget on their projects because they were told construction costs are increasing 2% a month.  Lamar better get started on their end zone complex and renovations or they'll have to cut back on their plans and that would suck.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43