Football Added to LU Athletic Site

Now they need to add Cardinal Stadium to the Facilities and Directions page.

Once they update them i sure they will.

I bet UNLV is happy.

I bet UNLV is happy.

Took them long enough. Besides I won't be happy unless Lamar bowl or semi-bowl the stadium with FBS by 2013.

i have a friend who works in the IT dept. at Lamar.  he said that the university contracts the athletic site out to another party.  someone sends the info and the other party updates it.  they sent the football info weeks ago right after the coach was hired.  i think Lamar has done a good job so far promoting their football team, considering the fact we have no team yet. 

I bet UNLV is happy.

Took them long enough. Besides I won't be happy unless Lamar bowl or semi-bowl the stadium with FBS by 2013.

looks like ur going to be bitter for a while.  ;D

I bet UNLV is happy.

looks like ur going to be bitter for a while.   ;D

If you look around other forums all over the country you will notice a lot of people think Lamar is eye-ing FBS.

I am still feeling some doubt. I believe not bowling/semi-bowling the stadium will be the answer to the FBS/FCS question.

Up here at Central Ark. with Junior and let me tell you they have it going on. The are picked to win the Southland but whether they do or not have a great stadium. Have a jumbotron and scoreboard that is second to none.

Guest coachacola

I bet UNLV is happy.

looks like ur going to be bitter for a while.  ;D

If you look around other forums all over the country you will notice a lot of people think Lamar is eye-ing FBS.

I am still feeling some doubt. I believe not bowling/semi-bowling the stadium will be the answer to the FBS/FCS question.

I don't think Lamar knows yet if they are going FBS or not but they are laying the groundwork for such a move.  There's still a lot of unknowns between now and 2011 so we'll just have to wait and see.  I would find it hard to believe that Lamar would not have plans to expand Cardinal Stadium.  I bet they have talked to Leo Daly on what it would take to expand the stadium, but there's a lot of other facility upgrades that must come first.

I bet UNLV is happy.

I don't think Lamar knows yet if they are going FBS or not but they are laying the groundwork for such a move.  There's still a lot of unknowns between now and 2011 so we'll just have to wait and see.  I would find it hard to believe that Lamar would not have plans to expand Cardinal Stadium.  I bet they have talked to Leo Daly on what it would take to expand the stadium, but there's a lot of other facility upgrades that must come first.

Fuel cost I'm sure is killing Tech as well as other nearby FBS schools. Now is the time for the Legendary Tubbs to work his magic

by creating a regional FBS conference.

Something like;

La Tech

ULL

UNT

Tulane

Tulsa

Rice

SMU

Ark st

USM

Texas st

UTSA

Lamar

Travel cost should be minimum.

I bet UNLV is happy.

Fuel cost I'm sure is killing Tech as well as other nearby FBS schools. Now is the time for the Legendary Tubbs to work his magic

by creating a regional FBS conference.

Something like;

La Tech

ULL

UNT

Tulane

Tulsa

Rice

SMU

Ark st

USM

Texas st

UTSA

Lamar

Travel cost should be minimum.

i have to admit that would be a great conference to be in.  8)

i have a friend who works in the IT dept. at Lamar.  he said that the university contracts the athletic site out to another party.  someone sends the info and the other party updates it.  they sent the football info weeks ago right after the coach was hired.  i think Lamar has done a good job so far promoting their football team, considering the fact we have no team yet. 

WOS95 -- just about every school does this nowadays, surprised you thought Lamar did it "in house"...

Lamar uses CSTV (check out their web site address, GameTracker and all that they use, it's clearly out there that they do this). Lots of schools either use CSTV or JumpTV (formerly XOS). The SLC uses JumpTV as does SHSU and some other schools. JumpTV is a head of the game as far as the web-streaming goes and the SLC uses it for SouthlandTV. CSTV has some good features as well, think JumpTV's sales staff moved quicker than tech side of things (see that awful Gamewatcher!)...

Guest coachacola

A lot of fans would like this conference. It would bring out a lot more to the games vs playing in the slc.

That's true, but the problem with a conference like that is that the CUSA schools and La Tech see themselves better than the Sun Belt schools, and they all see themselves better than the SLC schools.  It'd be almost impossible to get those schools into one conference unless they didn't have any choice.

Up here at Central Ark. with Junior and let me tell you they have it going on. The are picked to win the Southland but whether they do or not have a great stadium. Have a jumbotron and scoreboard that is second to none.

Central Arkansas does have long term potential in D1.  Last year they averaged 10K per football game and their stadium only holds about 8500.  Only McNeese and Texas State averaged more (which is pretty sad considering the SLC considers itself a football conference).  UCA is part of the Little Rock metro area which they share with UALR of the Sun Belt, but UALR doesn't have football.  In 5 or 10 years they might be an attractive FBS school.

A lot of fans would like this conference. It would bring out a lot more to the games vs playing in the slc.

That's true, but the problem with a conference like that is that the CUSA schools and La Tech see themselves better than the Sun Belt schools, and they all see themselves better than the SLC schools.  It'd be almost impossible to get those schools into one conference unless they didn't have any choice.

Yeah if those schools had a choice. La Tech is bankrupting itself in the WAC. Tech backetball was ranked 327. No one except ULM is happy in the Sunbelt.

ULL, UNT, La Tech, and Lamar was at their best when in the same conference. The remaining CUSA teams will need to fill a few spots after Memphis, UCF, ECU, and Marshall

leave. The pickings will be few unless Rice, TU, TUL, and SMU invite schools way across country.

WOS95 -- just about every school does this nowadays, surprised you thought Lamar did it "in house"...

Lamar uses CSTV (check out their web site address, GameTracker and all that they use, it's clearly out there that they do this). Lots of schools either use CSTV or JumpTV (formerly XOS). The SLC uses JumpTV as does SHSU and some other schools. JumpTV is a head of the game as far as the web-streaming goes and the SLC uses it for SouthlandTV. CSTV has some good features as well, think JumpTV's sales staff moved quicker than tech side of things (see that awful Gamewatcher!)...

i really wasn't surprised Terror.  i was just defending Lamar because some posters on here were getting upset with LU for being slow putting the football tab on the athletic website. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43