Cody Hussey -- Lamar?

Guest tigersvoice

i saw hussey play a couple of times on tv last year.Ā  the kid was impressive.Ā 

Cody Hussey would be a GOOD player for Lamar's "Re-original" team.Ā  He has those good ol' blue collar work and game ethics; nothing less than all he has on any given play.Ā  Break away?Ā  No!Ā  Run away? Yeah, right after he runs you over.Ā  Can't speak for Coach Woodard, but I'd take Cody on my team in a hurry.

Kind of about this topic, but I'm going to make an opinion. Cody would be good for LU. I think your going to see players from Lumberton, Nederland, PNG, and smaller schools trying to go to LU due to the lack of D-1 signees from these schools.Ā  Central, WB, WOS, Ozen usually has some D-1 signees that go away to school. Hopefully with the talent of kids that don't get the big offers they can go to LU and help out.

Guest abovetherim

Lamar has guys from WO-S back when they were in the state championship every season. I see no reason this will not occur again.

Kind of about this topic, but I'm going to make an opinion. Cody would be good for LU. I think your going to see players from Lumberton, Nederland, PNG, and smaller schools trying to go to LU due to the lack of D-1 signees from these schools.Ā  Central, WB, WOS, Ozen usually has some D-1 signees that go away to school. Hopefully with the talent of kids that don't get the big offers they can go to LU and help out.

Don't forget that LAMAR will be playing as a D-I team right from the start.

Lamar fans need to realize that FCS is D-I.

FBS and FCS of BOTH SUB-Divisions of Division I.

The only difference being the number of FULL scholarships Lamar will be able to offer (85 for FBS and 63 for FCS).Ā  Lamar will be able to split those 63 scholarships among 85 players however.

McNeese has a total of 83 to 85 football players that recieve some sort of NCAA recognised Grant in Aid.Ā  And due to our tradition, and history we can usually get a kid to come to McNeese for a partial before a kid will go to UL-Lafayette for a full ride.Ā  Those kids that are winners can stand the thought of playing for a bottom feediong FBS program that has never been to a bowl, and then losing 50 football games in 4 or 5 years.Ā  They know if they go to McNeese they win 50 to 60 in 4 or 5 years and have a shot at the playoffs every year and a possible Division I National Championship.Ā  THE ONLY D-I National Champion the NCAA recognises in Football.

The BCS NC is NOT a NCAA Champion.

Guest abovetherim

The only difference being the number of FULL scholarships Lamar will be able to offer (85 for FBS and 63 for FCS).Ā  Lamar will be able to split those 63 scholarships among 85 players however.

McNeese has a total of 83 to 85 football players that recieve some sort of NCAA recognised Grant in Aid.Ā  And due to our tradition, and history we can usually get a kid to come to McNeese for a partial before a kid will go to UL-Lafayette for a full ride.Ā  Those kids that are winners can stand the thought of playing for a bottom feediong FBS program that has never been to a bowl, and then losing 50 football games in 4 or 5 years.Ā  They know if they go to McNeese they win 50 to 60 in 4 or 5 years and have a shot at the playoffs every year and a possible Division I National Championship.Ā  THE ONLY D-I National Champion the NCAA recognises in Football.

This isn't always the case and I bet McNeese would be lucky to get 2-3 players who have offers on the table from FBS schools. I know of one young man who was headed to UH, then after a coaching change decided on McNeese.

Baylor was looking at him but never offered. So I don't believe a majority of young men would prefer a FCS program over a FCS very often.

FCS is JV ball. West Brook is 5A yet it still has a JV team. Nobody in this area is interested in JV football.

Guest coachacola

There are rumors that the SLC is looking to go FBS in the future.Ā  I wonder if McNeese would go FBS if that happened or would they stay behind again and stay at the FCS level.Ā  McNeese can already compete with a lot of teams from the Sunbelt, so if they offered 85 scholarships instead of 63, and had home and home games with ULL, or Troy, McNeese shouldn't have any problem average over 20K per home game.

It would be the same for Lamar.Ā  LU-McNeese would draw 20K+, same with ULL, or Rice.Ā  I don't think Nicholls State, SELA, or even SFA could go FBS, and if some of the northern and/or eastern Sunbelt teams leave, then I could see some type of merger with the remaining Sunbelt football schools.Ā  I could see a nice conference in some decent media markets with this type of merger.

There are rumors that the SLC is looking to go FBS in the future.Ā  I wonder if McNeese would go FBS if that happened or would they stay behind again and stay at the FCS level.Ā  McNeese can already compete with a lot of teams from the Sunbelt, so if they offered 85 scholarships instead of 63, and had home and home games with ULL, or Troy, McNeese shouldn't have any problem average over 20K per home game.

It would be the same for Lamar.Ā  LU-McNeese would draw 20K+, same with ULL, or Rice.Ā  I don't think Nicholls State, SELA, or even SFA could go FBS, and if some of the northern and/or eastern Sunbelt teams leave, then I could see some type of merger with the remaining Sunbelt football schools.Ā  I could see a nice conference in some decent media markets with this type of merger.

I had hoped the SLC would go FBS, but I can't see it. Most of the schools would vote it down.

Texas st

UTSA

SHSU

LU

Mcneese

are the only ones who could play at FBS long term.Ā  Maybe NW st.

NWST. probably can't. I would add UCA to that list. I hear they have a pretty good program and might challenge McNeese for the SLC crown this year.

this might be a stupid question, but how is everyone thinking lamar can go to the FBS so quickly, when we haven't even played the first game yet? this is in no way putting the team down, as i want this to succeed just as much as the next guy.. but i'm just wondering.

Guest coachacola

this might be a stupid question, but how is everyone thinking lamar can go to the FBS so quickly, when we haven't even played the first game yet? this is in no way putting the team down, as i want this to succeed just as much as the next guy.. but i'm just wondering.

There's not a huge difference between FCS and FBS football.Ā  It does cost more at the FBS level in the form of scholarships, coaches salaries, etc., but there's also more income available in the form of ticket sales, tv money, guarantees, etc.Ā  Since South Alabama is already in the Sunbelt, they will fast track to the FBS after a couple of years playing FCS football.

There is the NCAA moratorium in place until 2011 that keeps schools from moving from FCS to FBS, but Lamar will have played 2 years of FCS football and will be eligible to move up, unless the NCAA changes the rules and makes it harder for schools to move up.Ā  SETX is plenty big enough to support Lamar at the FBS level.

Texas State is actively looking to go FBS.Ā  UTSA has stated they plan to fast track to the FBS if they start football.Ā  SHSU and LU will not allow Texas State to move up without them.Ā  UCA is a growing school in the Little Rock metro area and they probably don't want to stop at the FCS level considering they have the Little Rock market all to themselves.

The SLC commissioner has already talked about how the LA schools have a hard time competing with the Texas schools budget-wise.Ā  Of the La schools probably only McNeese has the money to compete at the FBS level.

So if Texas State, UTSA, SHSU, LU, McNeese and UCA broke away in 2012 that would be 6 schools so they would keep their automatic bids in the other sports.Ā  They could then join up with maybe 4 or 5 Sunbelt schools (USA, ULL, Troy, Ark State) and have a pretty good conference.Ā  You'd have these markets:Ā  San Antonio, Austin, Little Rock, Mobile, Houston, Beaumont, Lake Charles and Lafayette.Ā  This conference footprint wouldn't be that much larger than what the SLC is today but it'd be more evenly spread over more states.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43

• Bye Week beat Beaumont United by double digits so not all is bad šŸ˜
    • He made the comment as a business man he hated overtime. He never said or implied he wanted to do away with it. He has said overtime should not be taxed. That will benefit the refinery workers in our area big timeā€¦..as well as nurses. Not only would you not pay taxes and see the benefit immediately on your paycheck, my guess that at the end of the year, you would subtract all the overtime from your total wages, thus lowering your taxable imcome.
    • Well I thought it would be a better matchup for us more so than us versus yall and we got whooped šŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø we'll see, long time before Ball High meets Lufkin though.Ā 
    • Very critical win for Crosby last night. At no point has the current regime given me any reason to think Crosby should be able to pencil in wins but for the sake of discussion I will for FB Kempner who we play two weeks from now and also Porter who we play a couple of weeks after that. That means if Crosby can beat Kingwood Park next week weā€™ll most likely finish district play 5-2 and in at least 3rd place.Ā  Ā  That being, the team could be a lot better if we had a competent offensive coach. Crosbyā€™s offensive philosophy is to give it to Yarbrough and hope he breaks it which is why we lose to team with above average defensive talent. Crosbyā€™s TE Landen Hammer is 6ā€™2ā€ and about 210lbs with crazy ball skills, an absolute mismatch problem and got one target last night. Friendswood realized Crosby had some playmakers on the edges and lots of times gave the receivers a 10 yard cushion. The problem is that Willis doesnā€™t know that so not once did we just raise up, throw it out to the receiver and give them an opportunity to be an athlete and make a play. So now that weā€™ve averaged 8 completions per game through our first four contest because 50% of the time Willis chooses to swap out 50% of the offense we look like we ā€œdonā€™t have the receiving talent that we used to.ā€ Yarbrough probably had close to 300 rushing yards last night but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he had 35 carries. I like our backup RB but there are several kids who could help Crosby more at that position and Willis chooses not to play them there and feed Yarbrough to the point he couldnā€™t even finish the game last night. He continues to display an inability to efficiently use his personnel which is why we get blow out by any team with at least equal talent. Maybe something changes but Willis being 6-19 his last two and a half years on the sideline and his inability to shake the Cedar Park model donā€™t give much hope, which is unfortunate for the kids.Ā 
    • Big girl is trying to make Oprah sound like Bam Morris, who was busted with 220# of weed in the trunk of his car. When the cops opened the truck and found the weed, Bam said,ā€Thatā€™s not mineā€. Give me a break.
  • Topics