Forthcoming Changes to SLC, FCS Football

Guest coachacola

I dont see how the SLC can move up unless they boot a few schools.

I think they'd have to boot more than a few schools.  Over the last 4 or 5 years only McNeese State and Texas State have consistently averaged more than 10K per game.  SFA, SHSU, UCA, and Northwestern State average between 8K and 10K per game.

UTSA and Texas State have stated they want to go FBS.  I can see McNeese and Central Arkansas moving on up to FBS fairly easily.  No doubt LU would go FBS.  With SHSU being a sister school of us and Texas State they'd probably go FBS too. That's 6 schools, the minimum needed to keep the auto bids in the other sports.  Would UTA and TAMU-CC come along as non-football schools?  Would SFA try to make it at the FBS level?  I can't see how the other LA schools could afford to go FBS, especially since LA is already loaded with 5 other FBS schools (6 if McNeese goes FBS).

Maybe the Sunbelt and/or WAC falls apart and the SLC picks up some of those teams (LA Tech, ULL, ULM, Troy or South Alabama).  Maybe the CUSA breaks up and a few schools are suddenly desperate for a new home (Rice, Southern Miss, Tulane).  Simmons and Tubbs need to keep building up the University and good things should come Lamar's way in the coming years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43