Astros Now In Last Place

There are a couple of problems that the Astros have with the trading deadline coming up.  First, all their tradable commodities (that have value) are veterans with no-trade clauses.  That means if Ed Wade wants to trade Oswalt, Lee or (God forbid) Berkman, he has to okay it with them before it can be finalized.

Second, what are you really going to get for these guys.  The Indians traded awar C.C. Sabathia (Cy Young winner last year) for one solid Major League prospect.  We need more younger talent that that for trading Oswalt to make any sense since he is signed for the next several years.

Finally, trading away big names is not what Uncle Drayton likes to do.  He would still have us believe that this team is capable of contending for a World Series this year.  I think Ed Wade can do the job, but I don't think Drayton will allow him to.

Good post, i don't know where i would start.

I agree. That's an excellent post by Ruckdad. The Astros are handcuffed.....and cannot do much for many reasons. As mentioned, the no-trade clauses are big. Inablilty to sign draft picks, when you actually had some, has decimated the minor league sytem for now. I believe it will take 3 or more years for the Astros to really get this thing turned around.  :( :(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BigCard
    Newest Member
    BigCard