Humble Opening 5th school in '09

Summer Creek High School will be the 5th school to open in 2009 by Humble I.S.D., it's expected to be completed in April. The growth in Texas is spawning a trend in building new state of the art high schools. The new school will on 67 acres of land. approximately 435,000 square feet to house 3,200 students. Expect its first varsity football season around 2010 or 2012 may be placed in Class 4A or 5A

Mascot: Bulldogs

Colors: Crimson and Gold

Summer Creek High School will be the 5th school to open in 2009 by Humble I.S.D., it's expected to be completed in April. The growth in Texas is spawning a trend in building new state of the art high schools. The new school will on 67 acres of land. approximately 435,000 square feet to house 3,200 students. Expect its first varsity football season around 2010 or 2012 may be placed in Class 4A or 5A

Mascot: Bulldogs

Colors: Crimson and Gold

This school is located on Beltway 8 East, about 2-3 miles North of I-10....my neck of the woods. It is less than 5 miles from the new Atascocita(?) High School. Construction is well under way. This thing is going to be massive.

Before too long, we are all going to feel like sardines packed tightly in a can.  ;)

Guest tigersvoice

I heard they were going to build another one. It's getting crazy around the suburbs of Houston. Cy-Fair ISD will eventually be the 4th largset school district in Texas by reports that I've read.

And time marches on!  When I was in high school at Eagle Lake, Texas in the early 50's, our first game of the season (football) was Cypress-Fairbanks.  All 4 years of high school we opened with Cypress-Fairbanks.  We were class A - they were class A, and this is in the days when 4-A was the largest classification.  Now, 50+ years later, Cy-Fair is one of the most progressive school districts in Texas with, what is it 5-6-7?, 5-A schools in the district.  Eagle Lake - well after consolidating a huge portion of Colorado County several years ago, they are a 2-A school named Rice Consolidated.  Time marches on - but not everyone is in step.

Guest etbu

I heard they were going to build another one. It's getting crazy around the suburbs of Houston. Cy-Fair ISD will eventually be the 4the largest school district in Texas by reports that I've read.

And time marches on!  When I was in high school at Eagle Lake, Texas in the early 50's, our first game of the season (football) was Cypress-Fairbanks.  All 4 years of high school we opened with Cypress-Fairbanks.  We were class A - they were class A, and this is in the days when 4-A was the largest classification.  Now, 50+ years later, Cy-Fair is one of the most progressive school districts in Texas with, what is it 5-6-7?, 5-A schools in the district.  Eagle Lake - well after consolidating a huge portion of Colorado County several years ago, they are a 2-A school named Rice Consolidated.  Time marches on - but not everyone is in step.

Cy-Fair has ten and will be twelve by next year Voice. Good stuff Voice bc always reading your stuff.

Why are y'all talking about this when it doesn't involve a "SETX" team? Aren't they a Houston team?

Because it's something to talk about, and it's possible that if Humble HS drops to 4A we could be having them in our district in the future. I said possible because we would probably get BH or Dayton or new Baytown school before we got Humble.

Guest rambleonus

I know this should be on another post but I think all schools that are in a Golden Triangle teams district should be covered here on SETX.  It only makes sense. 

Or Kingwood Park.  They are 4A also.

True, but I think we would end up losing Livingston next realignment and possibly pick up Dayton and BH, man wouldn't that make a interesting district.

Imagine BH, Dayton, Lumberton,Central, Ozen, Vidor, LCM, PNG, Nederland

Thank goodness they're going to 4 teams for the playoffs :D

Guest rambleonus

I agree.  I know some don't like the 4 team playoff but I think it gives more opportunities,  not to mention keeping the top teams on their toes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BigCard
    Newest Member
    BigCard