Dayton News - Cody Green pulls the trigger - commits to Nebraska

By: MIKE GEORGE, [email protected]

Dayton Bronco Cody Green who'll be leading his football team at quarterback this fall will graduate in December and enroll at Nebraska in January to play football for the Cornhuskers.

"My mom and I made a trip to Nebraska back on June 16th," said Green. "I loved the facilities and the atmosphere,

but the thing that most got me was the tradition - it more resembled that of Bronco football and I just really felt at home."

Green's intention is to study animal science, but his mom is holding out for media relations.

"I'd like to see him as an analyst on ESPN," said Sondra Green, Cody's mother.

Cody has a sister, Ashley, who'll be a senior at Baylor this fall. The two are extremely close.

Also on hand was one of Green's high school football coaches.

"We're very proud of Cody," said Bronco defensive coordinator Jeff Nations, "and we think he made a great decision.

He took a lot of time to make this decision using some great research he did on his own, spoke to a lot of people and

spoke a lot with his mom. The two came together on a decision that will impact Cody for the rest of his life. He's going

to be very successful in whatever he does and going to Nebraska is just going to be a big part of that."

Nebraska, who has had three top rated quarterbacks commit to the Cornhuskers only to back off those commitments,

doesn't have to worry about Green's commitment.

"My commitment is solid," said Green. "I took my time to make this decision and now having made it, that's it. I'm going to

Nebraska."

Green, with this decision made and behind him will focus now on what's directly ahead of him - his senior season as

quarterback of the Dayton Broncos.

This is the hidden content, please

Guest whoabroncos09

Is the QB who filled in for Cody last year gone?

yes.

he is attending school in iowa.

im not sure what school though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats