Local football players hope to walk on at Lamar

Guest coachacola

Lamar is already attracting local HS players who would have attended other colleges.  It won't be long until they start putting together a marching band which will bring in a few hundred more students who would have gone somewhere else.  Then there will be the students who attend LU over some other school because there's going to be football played at LU.  Lamar's strategic plan is to increase enrollment by up to 4% each year by 2011, which would mean enrollment of 12,000 by that time.

Lamar is already attracting local HS players who would have attended other colleges.  It won't be long until they start putting together a marching band which will bring in a few hundred more students who would have gone somewhere else.  Then there will be the students who attend LU over some other school because there's going to be football played at LU.  Lamar's strategic plan is to increase enrollment by up to 4% each year by 2011, which would mean enrollment of 12,000 by that time.

I thought they were expecting 12,000 this fall.

Guest coachacola

I thought they were expecting 12,000 this fall.

That would be a dramatic increase over last fall, but spring enrollment was up 16% from the previous year to total 10,562.  Now that total does include over 1,500 distance education students, so that's around 9,000 students on campus.  If enrollment increases another 16% this fall then that would be over 12,000 students (including distance education students).

Those distance education numbers are what 'fluffs' up your numbers. We were talking about it elsewhere -- think on KatFans at one point. SHSU budgets for a 3% increase or thereabouts on a yearly basis, or at least have for some time. Will be interested to see if Lamar can maintain a nice average increase for a few years...

Guest abovetherim

I know the father of Viator and I'll promise you if he is like his father, he may not be the most athletic young man but he'll work his heart out for you.

Richard, you just can't replace speed and this young man can turn on the jets.

Guest abovetherim

I don't think so. I promise you he is a hard worker as his dad owned Kings Gym in Little Cypress. That was a place for hard core weight lifters as there wasn't the amenities of some of the other workout facilities.

Just some HUGE guys and a lot of sweat.

I know the father of Viator and I'll promise you if he is like his father, he may not be the most athletic young man but he'll work his heart out for you.

Richard, you just can't replace speed and this young man can turn on the jets.

These two guys have been in the new kings gym in orange everyday busting their butts to prepare for this chance. Phillip has got a legit 4.4-4.5 and Joseph is still a hoss. Ricky is also in there with them getting his swole on too lol :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43