Lamar only win because we are in the east

Guest coachacola

There's a couple of posters over there that are always putting Lamar down.  I've noticed that Billy Tubbs isn't very popular over there either.

according to katfans. had we played in the west, we would have not won in basketball. weren't we 5-1 vs the west.

You did not do home-and-homes with all the teams in the SLC West. Three of the top four RPI teams (the other being Lamar) were in the West. The teams that made the difference in OOC play -- all in the West. Hard for those not to say that Lamar would have found the same success in the West.

In fact, Lamar went 0-1 at those schools while 2-0 at home. Wonder what Lamar's record would be on the road against those schools if they went home-and-home. Got to remember that LU was 14-2 at home while 5-8 on the road. Lamar actually got the 'lightweights' of the SLC on the road. Figure Lamar would've dropped a few more if they had to go to the SLC heavyweights on the road.

While Pat has inability to justify his remarks and is a relative newcomer to sports -- I'd say that Lamar goes .500 at best on the road in the SLC West considering the Cards track record of road woes and tougher foes on a more consistent basis than what was seen in the East.

There's a couple of posters over there that are always putting Lamar down.  I've noticed that Billy Tubbs isn't very popular over there either.

Tubbs is not popular in many locales in the Southland Conference. Many feel that he pushes an agenda that does not necessarily positively impact the conference. While he may view it as upgrading the conference, there are those who feel that it does not have the impact Tubbs says it will. Before I even knew a lot about Tubbs (around the time he came back to the SLC), I heard so many negative things about him. He is associated with Lamar and thereby the reason that you'll find people that dislike Lamar.

Guest tigersvoice

according to katfans. had we played in the west, we would have not won in basketball. weren't we 5-1 vs the west.

You did not do home-and-homes with all the teams in the SLC West. Three of the top four RPI teams (the other being Lamar) were in the West. The teams that made the difference in OOC play -- all in the West. Hard for those not to say that Lamar would have found the same success in the West.

In fact, Lamar went 0-1 at those schools while 2-0 at home. Wonder what Lamar's record would be on the road against those schools if they went home-and-home. Got to remember that LU was 14-2 at home while 5-8 on the road. Lamar actually got the 'lightweights' of the SLC on the road. Figure Lamar would've dropped a few more if they had to go to the SLC heavyweights on the road.

While Pat has inability to justify his remarks and is a relative newcomer to sports -- I'd say that Lamar goes .500 at best on the road in the SLC West considering the Cards track record of road woes and tougher foes on a more consistent basis than what was seen in the East.

Tubbs is not popular in many locales in the Southland Conference. Many feel that he pushes an agenda that does not necessarily positively impact the conference. While he may view it as upgrading the conference, there are those who feel that it does not have the impact Tubbs says it will. Before I even knew a lot about Tubbs (around the time he came back to the SLC), I heard so many negative things about him. He is associated with Lamar and thereby the reason that you'll find people that dislike Lamar.

Well TexasTerror, I used to like your posts.  There was some substance and thought provoking ideas behind most of them.  I no longer like your posts nor do I like you, for that matter.  This, I know won't bother you.  Your ego is way too big to worry about that.  But when you begin attacking our Billy Tubbs then you have wandered way away from gentlemanly conduct.  I don't

see that many people dislikeing Lamar as you allege.  I do, however, see you dislikeing Lamar and you are seriously trying to propogate that dislike.  Why don't you take the Texas out of your name and just use Terror.  Texas doesn't need you.

Well TexasTerror, I used to like your posts.  There was some substance and thought provoking ideas behind most of them.  I no longer like your posts nor do I like you, for that matter.  This, I know won't bother you.  Your ego is way too big to worry about that.  But when you begin attacking our Billy Tubbs then you have wandered way away from gentlemanly conduct.  I don't see that many people dislikeing Lamar as you allege.  I do, however, see you dislikeing Lamar and you are seriously trying to propogate that dislike.  Why don't you take the Texas out of your name and just use Terror.  Texas doesn't need you.

When did I attack Billy Tubbs? I was clearly responding to a post which stated that Billy Tubbs is not popular at SHSU. Were remarks I made on the attack? Not at all. I stated that many at SHSU feel that Tubbs pushes an agenda that he feels will take the Southland Conference to the next level. However, that same group does not think the 'agenda' achieved has the desired impact that Tubbs believes will play out...

TigersVoice, sorry if I offended you, but it is no secret that Tubbs, who is a basketball-oriented guy, has orchestrated many of the moves that have impacted the conference in basketball. He pushed for a neutral site tournament, mirror games in conference play (men on road, women at home and vice-versa) and Weds/Sat scheduling. All of that happened.

There are those who will tell you the neutral site tournament has failed, mirror games have not impacted attendance on the whole  as they stand pretty similar to where they were for the women (but have negatively impacted a few institutions) and that there are foreseeable problems with Weds/Sat scheduling...

If you think my remark were an attack on Tubbs, you are highly mistaken. They were an explanation for those who are too close to Tubbs to see what those not so close to Tubbs think. If I really wanted to attack Tubbs, I'm sure within a few days, I could come up with another information to do so, but that's not in my interest. You won't see me personally attack student-athletes, coaches or administrators -- outside of Todd Graham and Buzz Williams.

Guest tigersvoice

Well TexasTerror, I used to like your posts.  There was some substance and thought provoking ideas behind most of them.  I no longer like your posts nor do I like you, for that matter.  This, I know won't bother you.  Your ego is way too big to worry about that.  But when you begin attacking our Billy Tubbs then you have wandered way away from gentlemanly conduct.  I don't see that many people dislikeing Lamar as you allege.  I do, however, see you dislikeing Lamar and you are seriously trying to propogate that dislike.  Why don't you take the Texas out of your name and just use Terror.  Texas doesn't need you.

When did I attack Billy Tubbs? I was clearly responding to a post which stated that Billy Tubbs is not popular at SHSU. Were remarks I made on the attack? Not at all. I stated that many at SHSU feel that Tubbs pushes an agenda that he feels will take the Southland Conference to the next level. However, that same group does not think the 'agenda' achieved has the desired impact that Tubbs believes will play out...

TigersVoice, sorry if I offended you, but it is no secret that Tubbs, who is a basketball-oriented guy, has orchestrated many of the moves that have impacted the conference in basketball. He pushed for a neutral site tournament, mirror games in conference play (men on road, women at home and vice-versa) and Weds/Sat scheduling. All of that happened.

There are those who will tell you the neutral site tournament has failed, mirror games have not impacted attendance on the whole  as they stand pretty similar to where they were for the women (but have negatively impacted a few institutions) and that there are foreseeable problems with Weds/Sat scheduling...

If you think my remark were an attack on Tubbs, you are highly mistaken. They were an explanation for those who are too close to Tubbs to see what those not so close to Tubbs think. If I really wanted to attack Tubbs, I'm sure within a few days, I could come up with another information to do so, but that's not in my interest. You won't see me personally attack student-athletes, coaches or administrators -- outside of Todd Graham and Buzz Williams.

Thank you, Sir.  Nice retort.

Oh stop with the excuses. Karfans are clearly jeolous. boo hoo hoo. I guess Lamar will have to win the west so we can hear the latest rounds of excuses.

If so many hate Tubbs so much, kick us out the SLC.

Oh stop with the excuses. Karfans are clearly jeolous. boo hoo hoo. I guess Lamar will have to win the west so we can hear the latest rounds of excuses.  If so many hate Tubbs so much, kick us out the SLC.

Clearly jealous of what? SHSU has led the conference in academic accolades for the last four years (or so) while being the top athletic institution three of those four years. Our institution is not jealous by any means, especially since we have no interest in playing second fiddle (nor will we) to any TSUS institution.

Oh stop with the excuses. Karfans are clearly jeolous. boo hoo hoo. I guess Lamar will have to win the west so we can hear the latest rounds of excuses.  If so many hate Tubbs so much, kick us out the SLC.

Clearly jealous of what? SHSU has led the conference in academic accolades for the last four years (or so) while being the top athletic institution three of those four years. Our institution is not jealous by any means, especially since we have no interest in playing second fiddle (nor will we) to any TSUS institution.

This AIN'T NO academic forum. I don't see any post on the academic team winning the slc. SHSU has a hic-cup 3 years with no NCAA tourney win and you call

that success. Get back to me when SHSU win at least 1 NCAA tourney game, just 1.

This AIN'T NO academic forum. I don't see any post on the academic team winning the slc. SHSU has a hic-cup 3 years with no NCAA tourney win and you call  that success. Get back to me when SHSU win at least 1 NCAA tourney game, just 1.

Two things...

1) SHSU has placed the most individuals on the Commissioners Honor Roll for three or four years running, all without a General Studies major. Yes, we have kids who are 'General Studies', but we have a few programs that do not accept students until their sophomore, if not junior year at Sam.

2) SHSU has won NCAA games in baseball, softball and football since 2004 in the postseason. How many has Lamar won?

Terror - Obviously, I can't speak to any results in Softball or Football, since we haven't had either of those sports in the time frame you listed, but since 2004, Lamar has won the Southland Conference in Baseball, Women's Volleyball, Men's cross country, split a conference championship in Men's Basketball and won four straight golf championships and finished third in the country in 2007.

I think we are holding our own.

I know Lamar has done well in terms of conference titles. You guys are doing sterling and have continued to improve...no questions there.

SHSU is limited to tournament titles (baseball, softball), a handful of track and field (think four women, two men) and a women's golf title. UNLV was talking NCAA-wise...

HaHa, I'm banned from katfans so here is to Billy Tubbs. You're my hero!  ;D

I registered, but they didn't clear me to post. They don't want someone who can challenge their

dufus ideas to be at the katfan party where they rag on Lamar even when Lamar is not the subject.

Clearly a sign of envy.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43