Field of 64 at ASA Gold

Guest 11/13Dad

Guest 11/13Dad

I believe I read that there were 2 or 3 teams from the midwest awarded a bid because they were the only one to register for those regionals. They need to award those bids to another region next year.

The Colorado Stars qualified by winning a three team tournament.  While they are a decent Gold team and did qualify last year, there were a couple of Texas teams that could have breezed through that tourney that did not qualify.  Texas Aces and Austin Storm to name a couple.  While I did not know what JohnnyT stated, about the one entry tourneys, something should definitely be changed to correct that situation and I am sure it will.

Also, this not being a California board (that's a good thing) there would be a handful of California Gold teams more deserving than anyone who got in just because they were the only entry.

This is the hidden content, please

If this link works, note that the Regional tournament for Region 11 only had one team sign up, Minnisota Irish.  Region 8 had two teams and Region 6 had five.  Granted those regions only get one berth but does not seem equal when you have 70+ teams fighting it out for 6 spots.

So what is the official ASA rule as to which tournament you may play in?  Territorial tournaments are open to teams outside your territory after the deadline if you don't max out your tournament?  Regional tournaments only allow teams from within your Region, no exceptions? An AZ team came out of an Eastern Territory.

Guest 11/13Dad

Territory Tournaments are open to all ASA registered Girl's 18 & Under Gold Fast Pitch teams within their respective territories. However, if any Territory Tournament should have fewer than 24 teams entered by April 14th, then teams from any Territory may enter that particular Territory Tournament. The ASA National Office will work closely with the Territory to monitor the number of entries in each Territory Tournament. Teams that have previously qualified for the Gold National Championship Finals are not eligible to compete in Territory Tournaments.

From ASA Gold website

• 2 weeks later...

Link to brackets: 

Local teams/players bracket schedule:

GT Shockers 9:00AM Tue vs CA Lady Sharks

TX Eclipse 4:00PM Tue vs CA Cruisers

Good luck teams!!

Hey #13, let me know what you think of the CA Cruisers' coach.  He and I went 'round and 'round a couple of years ago at the Batbusters' tournament in L.A.  He has even less respect for umpires than your buddy Ken Glass.  Fortunately, my head was harder than his.  ;)

Link to brackets: 

Good luck teams!!

Hey #13, let me know what you think of the CA Cruisers' coach.  He and I went 'round and 'round a couple of years ago at the Batbusters' tournament in L.A.  He has even less respect for umpires than your buddy Ken Glass.  Fortunately, my head was harder than his.   ;)

You are just intimidatable...... ::)  Is that a word?  Must be, I used it.  Look in the official scorekeepers book.  ;D ;D

Link to brackets: 

Good luck teams!!

Hey #13, let me know what you think of the CA Cruisers' coach.  He and I went 'round and 'round a couple of years ago at the Batbusters' tournament in L.A.  He has even less respect for umpires than your buddy Ken Glass.  Fortunately, my head was harder than his.   ;)

Is that the little Hawaii'n dude that keeps yellin com'on kid? I remember him well, gets kind of annoying after awhile.

Guest 11/13Dad

Link to brackets:  http://www.fastpitchsoftball.net/TournamentDirector.ASP?WCI=StartFrames&Selection=8

Good luck teams!!

Not taking the bait this time blue, coaches' wife is here in the lobby with me reading this stuff.  She gets as big of a kick out of it as we do.  But I did see the hawaiian dude you guys are talking about yesterday.  He was doing a little scouting of us.  Man it is hot here.  But anyways when you get a chance read the article and grab a Baytown Sun and look at the front page of today's paper.  Great mug shot of Kirk

Be careful of that hurricane, you want us to save an extra room for you up here when you start running from that hurricane?  We will put you a pullout in Head Coaches' room

http://baytownsun.com/story.lasso?ewcd=d116f47a66a82cd9

Guest 11/13Dad

Anyways, what I was trying to say before this rinky dink computer ate my post.  I know the Cruisers fairly well, played them the last 3 years in New Jersey and even pulled out a win against them this year.  I know that win does not mean diddly, but hey, we won it. 

Also, that is the travel team that all-conference USA freshman team, University of Houston player, Jennifer Klinkert came from.  Good group of people overall, you don't have to like 'em but they do have to be respected.  No one giving us much of a chance, they finished 4th here last year.  Maybe we can pull a rabbit out of the hat with Chandler on the mound.

Texas teams do not always fare well against California, the girls will do their best.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham