Astros trade for Padres P Randy Wolf

Quite dumb in my opinion. Astros should be sellers instead of buyers at this point in the season.

A lot of teams in contention wanted Wolf so maybe, just maybe, the Astros got him to trade him away. I doubt that though. The Astros arent that smart

ie. see Willy T, Lidge, Woody Williams, well you get the idea....

Again with the Willy T talk - Willy T is a mediocre MLB player - at best.  There are currently 84 players in the National League that have the requisite number of plate appearances to qualify for league leader status.  Of those 84, Willy T is 81st in OPS - the most accepted statistic for overall offensive quality.  (Bourn is 84th).  Willy T is batting .244 with a .296 OBP and is slugging .301.  Not a good player.

At least with Bourn there is some upside since he is only a rookie.  Bourn may not be the answer, but Willy T wasn't either.

Lidge was done here. He needed the change of scenery.  Woody was a reach, but you can't blame Ed Wade for that.  In fact the only player you mentioned inolved in a Wade transaction was Lidge - who had no future here.

You can put as much blame as you want on Tim Purpura.  for that matter you can put as much blame as you want for the team's current situation on Drayton McLane and Tal Smith.  For what it's worth, Ed Wade came in and did what he could.  He strengthened the bullpen and overhauled the offense. Everyone knew that the SP was the weakness of this team - as it has shown.  My problem though is with the front office (Drayton) not accepting the fact that we can't contend and selling the fans a bill of goods that this team can win a championship.  It's time to start rebuilding - and that's not a bad word Uncle Drayton!

I said Willy T because we actually had him on our team, its not like I can gripe because we dont have Jose Reyes leading off for the Astros.

It is not an upside that Bourn is a rookie if he continues to struggle.

I dont blame just Ed Wade like you imply, I blame the Astros as a whole. This team has always done stupid things with players. That you cannot fight.

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Split Down The Bayou
    Newest Member
    Split Down The Bayou