im starting to agree with the katfan forum

You do realize the individual you are quoting is named, "TheRevSFA". Wonder if he's affiliated with a school in Nacogdoches...?

Sure, there are two SHSU posters who said 'toss Lamar', but those people are disgruntled with Tubbs for putting SLC basketball on Wednesday, which will only make the basketball officiating in our conference worse...

You do realize the individual you are quoting is named, "TheRevSFA". Wonder if he's affiliated with a school in Nacogdoches...?

Sure, there are two SHSU posters who said 'toss Lamar', but those people are disgruntled with Tubbs for putting SLC basketball on Wednesday, which will only make the basketball officiating in our conference worse...

I know, that is why I said katfan forum and not just katfans.

No, long before the move to wednesday the hate for Lamar was there. I am all for parting ways.

Lamar best rivals were La-Tech, UNT, LA-LAF, and Arkansas st. With the exception of McNeese, I see

no rivals in the slc.

I know, that is why I said katfan forum and not just katfans.No, long before the move to wednesday the hate for Lamar was there. I am all for parting ways. Lamar best rivals were La-Tech, UNT, LA-LAF, and Arkansas st. With the exception of McNeese, I see no rivals in the slc.

I'd be curious to see what the state of Lamar athletics would be if the school decided 10 years ago to add football. Probably be in the Sun Belt right now still...why exactly did LU leave the conference? I've seen you guys talk about bad leadership at the time, but what was the guy(s) thinking that pushed them to leave? Escalating travel costs?

Guest coachacola

I know, that is why I said katfan forum and not just katfans.No, long before the move to wednesday the hate for Lamar was there. I am all for parting ways. Lamar best rivals were La-Tech, UNT, LA-LAF, and Arkansas st. With the exception of McNeese, I see no rivals in the slc.

I'd be curious to see what the state of Lamar athletics would be if the school decided 10 years ago to add football. Probably be in the Sun Belt right now still...why exactly did LU leave the conference? I've seen you guys talk about bad leadership at the time, but what was the guy(s) thinking that pushed them to leave? Escalating travel costs?

The story I heard was that the then-president of Lamar said that if Lamar went back to the SLC then they could afford to bring back football.  Rumor has it that he never intended to bring back football.  There are others in this forum who know a lot more about what happened than me.

The story I heard was that the then-president of Lamar said that if Lamar went back to the SLC then they could afford to bring back football.  Rumor has it that he never intended to bring back football.  There are others in this forum who know a lot more about what happened than me.

At the time, Lamar was in shambles financially.  Administration was doing anything they could to curb costs and get the university back into shape.  There are a lot of things that the Administration just prior to the current administration did that has paved the way for the great things we are seeing now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43