Reports

vhs

I fished Lighthouse Cove and the jetties on Sat.  It was more than dead.  The water was way too fresh and the only action was lady fish.  I hope the fishing isn't screwed up too long.

I plan to fish East Bay this week.  Hopefully, it's in better shape,  but I doubt it.

Sunday was the same at the jetties, on the outgoing tide a fish would need goggles to see. PNG try this site for daily reports on most bay systems, lots of spots n dot guys...http://2coolfishing.com/? totally free and totally Texas

Off shore was good sat ,but  had to get almost 50 miles out to get to blue water, I'm guessing due to storm. Caught snapper limit for 5 in about 45 min , drifting over some structure near a rig in 70 ft water , snapper were suspended at about 40 ft. ,good size to them, and could have kept going.Big Kings weren't hard to find slow trolling ribbon fish, actually caught the biggest one on a free lined squid.Ran across some really nice ling but had hard time getting them to take anything , hooked up with one nice ling but spit hook. Overall good day on water ,  pretty long run though.

Sunday was the same at the jetties, on the outgoing tide a fish would need goggles to see. PNG try this site for daily reports on most bay systems, lots of spots n dot guys...http://2coolfishing.com/? totally free and totally Texas

Thanx, but I'm already a 2Cool-er!.  Great sight isn't it?

BTW, I'm A SALT WEAPON on that board.

Thanx, but I'm already a 2Cool-er!.   Great sight isn't it?

BTW, I'm A SALT WEAPON on that board.

Been a member since day 1...Wet Dreams on the old and the new one

Off shore was good sat ,but  had to get almost 50 miles out to get to blue water, I'm guessing due to storm. Caught snapper limit for 5 in about 45 min , drifting over some structure near a rig in 70 ft water , snapper were suspended at about 40 ft. ,good size to them, and could have kept going.Big Kings weren't hard to find slow trolling ribbon fish, actually caught the biggest one on a free lined squid.Ran across some really nice ling but had hard time getting them to take anything , hooked up with one nice ling but spit hook. Overall good day on water ,  pretty long run though.

I saw some really good fish that came off Basco's 2 weeks ago, 6 man limit all fish were in the 10lb range, fished there last fall in green water... 5 drifts 2 limits of 4 fish each. 

Freeport 7/27/08

Sunday had 3 dolphin in the 10# range and a ton of chickens.  4 limits of snapper between 8 and 17 lbs.  Two ling, one was 74 lbs and the other just a keeper.  Hooked up a wahoo under grass on a cedar plug and another fish hit the line and cut the line.  One small strawberry grouper.  No AJ's this trip. Little rough Sunday so we were limited on our first run to 28 miles, not much action so ran to about 45 miles. 

Going again this Thursday if we can get good seas.  Headed to intersection if we have 1-2's.  PNG Proud burn a day vacation and ride along if you want.  We can bad mouth WOS for 8-10 hours and catch some fish......LOL 

we went out yesterday, but we had 3-4 ft seas and only went about 30 miles out.  the snapper bite was nonexistent, which sucked because we have some short rigs that usually produce pretty decent fish.  the only positive thing to come out of it was that we found some seaweed on the way in and limited out on tripletail, which was a decent consolation prize. 

we went out yesterday, but we had 3-4 ft seas and only went about 30 miles out.  the snapper bite was nonexistent, which sucked because we have some short rigs that usually produce pretty decent fish.  the only positive thing to come out of it was that we found some seaweed on the way in and limited out on tripletail, which was a decent consolation prize. 

The better snapper have been in deeper water.  Tripletail are better eating anyway.......sure wished I had found some.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Zachary Latham
    Newest Member
    Zachary Latham